HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Top posters
onlychild
 
Ufofiend
 
davefair
 
glider
 
Lesley
 
free wheel
 
Jeremy Vaeni
 
mantle1958
 
jackgbowman
 
LakehurstNJwitness
 
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Share | 
 

 my thoughts on abductions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fheargus
New Member


Number of posts : 9
Age : 53
Location : ohio
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: my thoughts on abductions   Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:45 pm

im a big believer in ufos and alien life but as far as abductions goes i really dont buy them. i think in all abduction cases MAYBE 5% are real the rest are either people dreaming or lieing for attention. i dont think these "implants" people find in them are just things they have poked themselves with and didnt know or forgat about. things like that can move through the body over time.

the worse thing about studying ufos are all the hoaxers, they really hurt the info we get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
avatar

Number of posts : 1019
Age : 68
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:50 am

fheargus wrote:
im a big believer in ufos and alien life but as far as abductions goes i really dont buy them. i think in all abduction cases MAYBE 5% are real the rest are either people dreaming or lieing for attention. i dont think these "implants" people find in them are just things they have poked themselves with and didnt know or forgat about. things like that can move through the body over time.

the worse thing about studying ufos are all the hoaxers, they really hurt the info we get.

In essence, I agree. The problems today are based in the single idea that history was rewritten. Egypt and Sumer are the problems, not the answers. Another problem is based in the fact that even though people DO think - they do not think CORRECTLY. They do not use the brain as designed, they tend to favor one hemisphere over the other, and THAT is a problem unto itself. Logical minded people shut out the spatial based data, spatially based people shut out hard facts; there is no balance between the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gort
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 178
Age : 63
Location : McClusky ND
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:32 pm

I have followed abduction events and reports for a long time. I am not qualified to render opinions based upon scientific explanations. I have however read Intruders by Budd Hopkins and also studied past lives therapy. ( there is a university in Canada that specialises in hynotic regression and the results have been outstanding. People speaking languages that they did not know, places and event discribed that they could not possibly know because it was before their birth.) This university and some of the cases were made into a documentary. I will find the link and post it here in a new post.

The point I am trying to make here is that I do not think that with all of the different cases that have been properly researched, that everyone is suffering from mass hallucination or psychotic episodes.

I believe that the preponderance of the evidence shows that events are happening and we should investigate them all and verify as much information as humanly possible. For all of you who have been part of this I empathize with you. I have missing time in my past and it was explained to me as driving fatigue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Good
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 155
Location : Left Field, California
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:21 pm

fheargus wrote:
im a big believer in ufos and alien life but as far as abductions goes i really dont buy them. i think in all abduction cases MAYBE 5% are real the rest are either people dreaming or lieing for attention. i dont think these "implants" people find in them are just things they have poked themselves with and didnt know or forgat about. things like that can move through the body over time.

the worse thing about studying ufos are all the hoaxers, they really hurt the info we get.

Fheargus,

This is a common assertion which I read over and over: "MAYBE 5% are real the rest are either people dreaming or lieing for attention.."

The same type of comment is made about UFO sightings, to paraphrase: "most UFO sightings (the figure used is usually well over 90%) are mistaken reports of ordinary or mundane objects."

My question: how the hell does anybody know this? Where are the "facts" which support these assumptions?

My guess is there are none.

I think these assertions are arbitrary and have no relationship with any actual data or reports. They are simply symptoms of the intellectually uncertain, walking onto heretical ground where the status quo dare not tread, desperately trying to hedge their bets. This gives them a way to easily deny the whole thing by saying, "see I always said most of it was lies!"

After all, they don't want to look like "starry-eyed" believers. They do not want to taint themselves with the intellectual cooties that cling so tenaciously to all and sundry ignorant hayseeds who actually claim to see "strange stuff". Even such a rational giant as Steven Hawking assures us that UFOs are only reported by "cranks and weirdos".

http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com/ufo-magazine/2009/3/18/super-intelligent-idiocy.html

Clearly the "strangeness" of the "stuff" reported means that those reporting it must be delusional, ignorant, mistaken, too inept to tell a star from something odd flying through the sky, or only out to seek fortune and fame (even while wishing to remain anonymous, more often than not).

Are their people who are mistaken about what they saw or reported? Are there "hoaxers" playing mischievous tricks on the innocent just to get a "rise" out of people? Are there starry-eyed nincompoops who can't tell the difference between a star, or an airplane and something unearthly?

Sure there are. But does that figure reach 95% of all reports?

I seriously doubt it. But as long as you believe that, you can always point to your prior assertions to indicate that "you were not duped". Then, when the evidence comes in (as the bettors believe it just might) that all UFOs and abductions were just a steaming load of crap fabricated by thousands upon thousands of hoaxers and delusional folks....

http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com/ufo-magazine/2009/12/14/putting-the-bs-in-belief-systems.html

You can say, Whew!! pale Dodged that bullet!

Oh yeah, people do get "abducted". I think the phenomenon might require us to re-define the meaning of the word "abduction". But yeah, people do have these interactions with other beings from somewhere outside our normal waking reality. People have been having similar encounters (which were understood in different terms than our current "aliens from outer space" paradigm) since the beginning of recorded history. If some of those cave paintings are what they appear to be, we can also add long before recorded history to that list.

But stuff does happen. Whether we believe 5% or 95% of that stuff says more about us than it does about the phenomenon itself.

So, my question is this: why would 95% of people want to lie to us about this stuff?

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
avatar

Number of posts : 1019
Age : 68
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:51 am

Here is a question. Why do we focus on other people's events if we know whatever unknown % of these reports are tainted?

It's kind of like reading Sitchin and being carried away with what he says, but never considering the fact that real scholars have proven him wrong.

Shouldn't the focus be on our own lives? Shouldn't we develop an approach based on our own experiences? I know in my 55 years of odd stuff happening, I have never had the experiences others have had. Well why do other things happen to other people? I don't know. I just know that in following what I saw in my own life I have come to a grand conclusion, yes it took 36 years, but I still can prove that we are all wrong in our approaches.

If you focus on the big picture, and everything happens to people for a different reason, we need to stay out of THEIR lives, and focus on our own.

After everything I have been through the answer to the question "What is going on?" is simpler than you can imagine. We are NOT responsible for the details; all we have to do is know that if TSHTF we are covered. That's it. It doesn't go any further than that. How will this happen? Ooops, that's a detail - stop bogging yourself down.

I looked at a UFO documentary that showed people claiming to have woken up with a triangular surgical mark on their body, and an alleged implant. Now I can't say one way or the other if this is true, but I always chuckle to myself "What if that was a tracking device that would activate in case of doom, for a fast exit? Now they don't know where you are LOL."

The bottom line is I focus on MY life. I have no idea why people say the things they do. If it was my business I would stick my nose in. I have just found that by paying attention to my own life, I have found the answers I was looking for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: abductions   Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:41 pm

There are two types of abductions to deal with: nuts and bolts extraterrestrials and ethereal visits to other planes of existence (multiple universes etc). There are so many extremely good abduction cases that have much evidence to back them up in the nuts and bolts cases. There are also many of the other types of abductions of people who have no reason to lie about it.

The idea of sorting out which is which is a good one. It is easier in the nuts and bolts cases than it is in the multiple dimension theory. The question is, how do we sort out the second more complex type of abduction?
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
avatar

Number of posts : 1019
Age : 68
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:58 pm

I wouldn't use the word lie, although I believe "some" do. Since the data doesn't mesh (if it did we would KNOW what was going on) I am more inclined to say - confused. The bottom line is that if these episodes were all real we would not be having this discussion. It's been 67 years and we don't know anything; we like to think we do, but we don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:39 pm

onlychild wrote:
I wouldn't use the word lie, although I believe "some" do. Since the data doesn't mesh (if it did we would KNOW what was going on) I am more inclined to say - confused. The bottom line is that if these episodes were all real we would not be having this discussion. It's been 67 years and we don't know anything; we like to think we do, but we don't.

You hit the nail on the head here. We do not know what is happening when it comes to alien abductions. There are some excellent cases out there, such as the Hill case that suggests an extraterrestrial abduction took place (physical evidence, radar tracking of an unknown in the area at the time of the abduction by Pease AFB).

For the others, there needs to be a way to clarify what is an abduction, a sleep/mental disorder, fantasy or what ever the case may be. One thing is sure, the people BELIEVE something is happening to them. Proving something actually is is another story.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
avatar

Number of posts : 1019
Age : 68
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:36 pm

LloydB wrote:

For the others, there needs to be a way to clarify what is an abduction, a sleep/mental disorder, fantasy or what ever the case may be.

I can only use my own life as a comparison, and I have NEVER had the abduction scenario in 55 years. I don't understand it. I did begin to have dreams, but only after I began to read about the subject. Why did I begin to read about it? For the same reason I followed every other clue I have looked into - I woke up with (in this case) a single line going through my head: "The alien connection." I figured it was the next phase of study, so I started to look into it. Up until that time, I thought it was God dropping hints on me because God was the only thing I knew about. I learned I was wrong. Anyway, after I began to read I started to have dreams. I call these day residue dreams, because they are the processing effect of this information going through your head. I never learned anything, was never told anything, they were just scenes. As far as I am concerned, it's normal brain / sleep processing.

It can get deeper for some people, and I have found that many people who hear voices are suffering from the secondary effects of a traumatic brain injury (you know - look on YouTube and search "face plant"). Somewhere in their lives they really rapped their heads, and basically the "new repairs" have taken a new route to consciousness - voices.




One thing is sure, the people BELIEVE something is happening to them. Proving something actually is is another story.

Based on a comparison between their lives and mine, I have not seen one case to date that aligns with history - and so far I have traced things back almost 40,000 years to an origin point for us. ET comes this close for only one reason - something is coming.

There is no way to say for sure WHAT is happening with people, if anything. It could be a medical preparation for something, then again it could all be delusion.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Aliens are zero point space time neural intrusions translating the soul image from the corporeal realm to the ethereal plane where they control time and space and the soul object separating the alien from physical confrontation by the abductee. Although your body is felt as if it is there with you as a physical form, it is not. Your soul carries the residual mortal realm form imprint into the time stop of ethereal space for observation and manipulation by the alien.

Children are not handled in the fashion discribed above since their resistance capabilities and souls are not developed enough to be a confrontational danger to the alien. That does not mean they are not taken, its easier to translate them over, than to work a teenager or adults physical form.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
avatar

Number of posts : 1019
Age : 68
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:56 am

Gigas wrote:
Aliens are ....

Hi Gigas

You will have to understand that I am basically the resident pain in the foot; the two words from your post (aliens are ...) set off alarms. 6.5 billion people are going in 6.5 billion directions in this subject, so, my question would be: How do you know this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:07 pm

onlychild wrote:
Gigas wrote:
Aliens are ....

Hi Gigas

my question would be: How do you know this?


Experience, involvement, observation and pieceing the global puzzle together. Nothing comes easy. Especially the hidden. No matter how bizarre the story, in there is a slice of truth whether it is a fabrication or fact. One only has to know what it is one is looking at beneath the neural rubble to find the hidden.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
avatar

Number of posts : 1019
Age : 68
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:20 am

Gigas wrote:
onlychild wrote:
Gigas wrote:
Aliens are ....

Hi Gigas

my question would be: How do you know this?


Experience, involvement, observation and pieceing the global puzzle together. Nothing comes easy. Especially the hidden. No matter how bizarre the story, in there is a slice of truth whether it is a fabrication or fact. One only has to know what it is one is looking at beneath the neural rubble to find the hidden.

My information covers the last 40,000 years (with an anomaly that goes back roughly 200,000+ years). When you say "global puzzle", just how far back do YOU go? Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jackgbowman
CE 2


Number of posts : 219
Age : 55
Location : California USA
Registration date : 2010-04-07

PostSubject: Aliens are...   Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:52 pm

I believe there is more than one civilization visiting us.
Some are from a different planet in a parallel universe
some are from somewhere in our galaxy
some of them are humans from the future
They are here for different reasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jackgbowman
CE 2


Number of posts : 219
Age : 55
Location : California USA
Registration date : 2010-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Abductions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:06 pm

A few years ago a scientist named Pressinger or something like that, did some research regarding the phenomena;
His findings were that under conditions of high EMF, humans have a series of shared experiences- sleep paralyisis followed by feelings of a foreboding presence in the room.
Some abductions are due to EMFs (electromagnetic fields)
some are mental illness- ie schizophrenia, delusional disorder, temporal lobe epilepsy etc...
some are legit and leave evidence- Dr.Roger Leir
Barney and Betty Hill.
that's my take.
Jack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Quote :
My information covers the last 40,000 years (with an anomaly that goes back roughly 200,000+ years). When you say "global puzzle", just how far back do YOU go?



You are expertly text book trained where as I find the information from the minds ability to touch the hidden. Its not how far back can you reference text book smoke and mirror institutional learning, rather its how much of what your eyes tell your mind can be filtered by the inner thought connection to forensicaly slip into the hidden which is what I call the collective of infinitely indexed knowledge from which our civilization of the illusion is drawn from and built upon. The very sophistication of it all comes from the minds projected compulation of the before knowledge into the next epochs sequel.

I have to admit this little neural infraction. I was a terrible student all through school. Ya, I got all F's and D's with a C thrown in once in awhile for the world to see I had an interest in some text book dribble. I did hang in there till 12th grade and graduated bottom of the class.

To this day, I read very little and most of what I write now, and will later on, comes from another matter of fact.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
avatar

Number of posts : 1019
Age : 68
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:26 pm

jackgbowman wrote:


A few years ago a scientist named Pressinger or something like that, did some research regarding the phenomena;
His findings were that under conditions of high EMF, humans have a series of shared experiences- sleep paralyisis followed by feelings of a foreboding presence in the room.

Probably Michael Persinger?

http://www.mindspring.com/~txporter/persemf.htm

This has been reported long before ET showed up, and there were other creatures involved. I have had the experience too, but it was nothing more than the R-complex brain reacting to the unknown and presenting a picture based in fear.


Some abductions are due to EMFs (electromagnetic fields)
some are mental illness- ie schizophrenia, delusional disorder, temporal lobe epilepsy etc...
some are legit and leave evidence- Dr.Roger Leir
Barney and Betty Hill.
that's my take.

It would be the legit cases that need to be dissected for data. I agree 100% on the brain issue cause, in fact those I have spoken with who hear voices generally have had a traumatic brain injury.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
avatar

Number of posts : 1019
Age : 68
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:41 pm

Gigas wrote:
Quote :
My information covers the last 40,000 years (with an anomaly that goes back roughly 200,000+ years). When you say "global puzzle", just how far back do YOU go?



You are expertly text book trained where as I find the information from the minds ability to touch the hidden. Its not how far back can you reference text book smoke and mirror institutional learning, rather its how much of what your eyes tell your mind can be filtered by the inner thought connection to forensicaly slip into the hidden which is what I call the collective of infinitely indexed knowledge from which our civilization of the illusion is drawn from and built upon. The very sophistication of it all comes from the minds projected compulation of the before knowledge into the next epochs sequel.

I have to admit this little neural infraction. I was a terrible student all through school. Ya, I got all F's and D's with a C thrown in once in awhile for the world to see I had an interest in some text book dribble. I did hang in there till 12th grade and graduated bottom of the class.

To this day, I read very little and most of what I write now, and will later on, comes from another matter of fact.

Well the bottom line would be, no matter how a person gathers information it is all explainable, all breakdown-able (there's a word for you lol) to its simplest components for examination and study; nothing that exists can escape from that basic scrutiny. The problem is that people who have never been challenged before take exception to being challenged; they simply don't want to have to start all over again defining what they thought they had originally defined properly. I can sympathize - I went through this procedure in what I call (for lack of a better name) the last great lesson. I was given ONE single piece of information - and I blew it big time; I jumped to conclusions without any supporting data and I fell flat on my face. So today I am overly cautious, and generally a pain in the butt, but, I know where the problem lies regarding people and this subject, and it's as simple as jumping to conclusions without supporting data.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:15 pm

onlychild wrote:
Quote :
The problem is that people who have never been challenged before take exception to being challenged

I don't take exception to a challenge when I weigh in with experience that has been debated many times before. That, I would say is debunker speak to acquit their agenda showing themselves wantingly in control of the situation. Since I continue to participate, I remain in the game.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
avatar

Number of posts : 1019
Age : 68
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Gigas wrote:
onlychild wrote:
Quote :
The problem is that people who have never been challenged before take exception to being challenged

I don't take exception to a challenge when I weigh in with experience that has been debated many times before. That, I would say is debunker speak to acquit their agenda showing themselves wantingly in control of the situation. Since I continue to participate, I remain in the game.

I wasn't speaking of you per se, I was speaking in general. I await your explanation - batter up Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:44 pm

onlychild wrote:
Gigas wrote:
onlychild wrote:
Quote :
The problem is that people who have never been challenged before take exception to being challenged

I don't take exception to a challenge when I weigh in with experience that has been debated many times before. That, I would say is debunker speak to acquit their agenda showing themselves wantingly in control of the situation. Since I continue to participate, I remain in the game.

I wasn't speaking of you per se, I was speaking in general. I await your explanation - batter up Basketball


Well now, we seem to be getting somewhere. Let me tell you a little something. You show traits deeply rooted in materialism. Don't become alarmed my friend. That only reflects the insecurities of the possibility there's another reality hidden from your neural synaptics which only accepts the material side of life even though something else is going on along side it all.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
avatar

Number of posts : 1019
Age : 68
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Gigas wrote:


Well now, we seem to be getting somewhere. Let me tell you a little something. You show traits deeply rooted in materialism. Don't become alarmed my friend. That only reflects the insecurities of the possibility there's another reality hidden from your neural synaptics which only accepts the material side of life even though something else is going on along side it all.

Actually, you are wrong. If a question is presented, and I spent over half my life answering said question, who do you blame for the outcome, the teacher or the student?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:17 pm

onlychild wrote:
Gigas wrote:


Well now, we seem to be getting somewhere. Let me tell you a little something. You show traits deeply rooted in materialism. Don't become alarmed my friend. That only reflects the insecurities of the possibility there's another reality hidden from your neural synaptics which only accepts the material side of life even though something else is going on along side it all.

Actually, you are wrong. If a question is presented, and I spent over half my life answering said question, who do you blame for the outcome, the teacher or the student?

I find that statement purposely cryptic
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
avatar

Number of posts : 1019
Age : 68
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Gigas wrote:
onlychild wrote:
Gigas wrote:


Well now, we seem to be getting somewhere. Let me tell you a little something. You show traits deeply rooted in materialism. Don't become alarmed my friend. That only reflects the insecurities of the possibility there's another reality hidden from your neural synaptics which only accepts the material side of life even though something else is going on along side it all.

Actually, you are wrong. If a question is presented, and I spent over half my life answering said question, who do you blame for the outcome, the teacher or the student?

I find that statement purposely cryptic

Why, it's a valid question. Everything in my life has led me to this exact spot ... who do you blame, those who brought me here, or me for making the journey?


Last edited by onlychild on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cuz I can :P)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:37 am

onlychild wrote:

Quote :
Why, it's a valid question. Everything in my life has led me to this exact spot ... who do you blame, those who brought me here, or me for making the journey?

Your thoughts are of one who is troubled. Why would there be a source of blame at this time in your life. Would it not be better to accept what you have as an awareness for you and yours to work out a solution to that which you feel you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on abductions   

Back to top Go down
 
my thoughts on abductions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Capturing thoughts... poem.
» Observations and Thoughts too short for their own threads
» Some thoughts
» How much do your dreams affect you?
» Mysterious & Powerful Scripture God gave me today

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: Aliens & UFOs :: Abduction-
Jump to: