The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Vote_lcapWhy we will never get the ET picture right. I_voting_barWhy we will never get the ET picture right. Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Vote_lcapWhy we will never get the ET picture right. I_voting_barWhy we will never get the ET picture right. Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Why we will never get the ET picture right.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Why we will never get the ET picture right. Empty
PostSubject: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 7:03 pm

I'm not going to go into a statement picture as to why this is; I have explained enough on this site to cover that picture. What I will do is give you an example regarding a topic we all know, what we did to it, and you can take it from there.

The subject is the ancient belief tied to the figure we know as Messiah. Like the UFO subject, this topic had a beginning, and at that beginning the people knew what it meant. Like the UFO subject, that beginning became scrambled over time, and today, thanks to a particular group of people, we no longer have a clue WHAT is going on regarding that figure.

The sad part is that no one explores the subject, and if they do and mention what they believe, they are usually blown off because the person listening "just feels they are right." Data is tossed aside, end of story.

If you look at these two pages you will see the picture I am referring to. At this point you should begin to take the subject apart from different sources, if you care. Like the UFO subject, something had an explanation once upon a time, but, like everything else, it wound up in a confused and changed around mess. Why? That would be what you are looking for Cool

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Messiah#History

http://churchrelevance.com/qa-list-of-all-christian-denominations-and-their-beliefs/
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:38 pm

onlychild wrote:
I'm not going to go into a statement picture as to why this is; I have explained enough on this site to cover that picture. What I will do is give you an example regarding a topic we all know, what we did to it, and you can take it from there.

The subject is the ancient belief tied to the figure we know as Messiah. Like the UFO subject, this topic had a beginning, and at that beginning the people knew what it meant. Like the UFO subject, that beginning became scrambled over time, and today, thanks to a particular group of people, we no longer have a clue WHAT is going on regarding that figure.

The sad part is that no one explores the subject, and if they do and mention what they believe, they are usually blown off because the person listening "just feels they are right." Data is tossed aside, end of story.

If you look at these two pages you will see the picture I am referring to. At this point you should begin to take the subject apart from different sources, if you care. Like the UFO subject, something had an explanation once upon a time, but, like everything else, it wound up in a confused and changed around mess. Why? That would be what you are looking for Cool

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Messiah#History

http://churchrelevance.com/qa-list-of-all-christian-denominations-and-their-beliefs/
You are correct in your assumption that things get lost in passing of time. When I was a working deputy I learned that no two people witnesed the event in the same way. Yet that was the way that they remebered it. If you want an example of mass confusion try working a shooting at a bar with 200 hundred people. Take the same people and let nine months pass and reinterview them/testimony in court and you would not believe it. I worked a murder that was not solved for some ten years and that only by his confession. I played hell trying to remeber it and that was with my report in hand. Now take that event and have it occuring some 2011 years ago. Yep, over time they wrote the woman out. Interseting, yep. My confusion is ended by a few simple words that shout the truth. Then I don't worry about it any more, simply because I don't have to. Then I can move forward.
For that O.C. I am grate full.
Your research and writtings are one of the things that I look forward to. Yes, after I read them I too do some research. You have yet to fail me in your accuracy. To be frank you and glider "make my day".
Dave( Sleep )fair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:02 am

There is a name for that kind of thinking, it's called mythopoeic. In the triune brain scenario, and regarding the ancients, mythopoeic thinking would be the equivalent of using the r-complex, the mid-brain, and only the right hemisphere of the neocortex. The reason the ancients couldn't use the left hemisphere with regard to how nature and the cosmos worked was because there was no data - so they guessed, and painted a cartoon to represent it. They honestly believed that when the Nile didn't rise, it was pissed off at them, or some god was pissed off. They never thought it could be from lack of rain.

What's scary is that people are doing basically that today with the UFO subject. People don't have the data they need - so they guess. Shows like Ancient Aliens do the same thing - the Egyptians had representations of different parts of animals joined together ... gee, aliens must have done it genetically. And we wonder WHY we are getting nowhere in this subject.
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Laugh2
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:41 am

O.C.,
Yep, your right on the money. If E.T. in what ever form were to shut down the car in the middle of the night and then offer to jump them off to get it started..... Well they would probably pass a big brick. Have you ever heard tell of E.T.s hanging arround coolant towers at power plants? Especaily the nuclear ones? I've gpt a buddy that does shift work at a coal plant and he told me about the whole night shift watching one for fifteen minutes or so. He said they never reported it. I can understand why.
That 81yr old nieghbor of mine, the retired physicist and I were holding a discussion on why things can't keep on going the way they are for much longer. A total economic collapse. I kinda feel sorry for the folks buying all of the gold. If the dollar takes a dump then the gold does too. You can't eat it and you sure couldn't sell it.

dave (th ole fart)fair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:41 am

We're screwed - plain and simple - S C R E W E D.

The sad part to all of this is that the group I called "the people who knew" ALMOST made it to today ... after 5000+ years of information preservation, holding what we need today safely tucked away from prying eyes - they disappeared only about 200 years or so ago, seemingly absorbed into the growing secret society movement.

Missed it by THAT MUCH
Why we will never get the ET picture right. 40
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:58 pm

O.C.,
I still hope for the we are not screwed part. Wouldn't it be funny if in the end they turned out to be the ones who got screwed.
Now I know for a fact that we have been f**Ked over so many times it not funny. If I knew as a kid what I know now. Sigh! Better now then never. Ya see the older I get the more aware I am of my abismal ignorance. I am still learning and will not stop until the day I die. When I see how screwed the country is, it's not the pols fault. Its ours, since we elected them. We picked the best of a sorry lot.

I am so tired of the talking heads who come on after the pols speach. You know the ones who tell us what the pol just said.

Davefair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:09 pm

I tried a couple of times to get a discussion going on Longfellow's poem about the Occultation of Orion. I really do think there is something there "from the front office" about the end results of all this. By 1845 "the people who knew" were gone, and I believe that poem was a left message for the bad guys LOL.

"Forevermore, forevermore, the reign of violence is over."
Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Hello All,

Just thought I'd let you know that an asteroid larger than a football field is going to pass by on Nov. 8th, 2011 at around 200,000 miles out or about 8/10ths of the distance to the moon. After that, on Nov. 9th, the U.S. is going to conduct it's first EVER nationwide test of the new Emergency Alert system. All forms of media will be interrupted for 3 minutes.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:06 am

Hmmmmmmmmmm! Glider you did say pass by? right? not impact? Dam can't dig a hole in florida! Every time you do it fills with water. The the local water athority says we have a water shortage. A quote from Adolph " Tell a big lie... keep it simple..... tell it often enough and they will believe it." Pass by.yep, how about the one they didn't tell you about? Or am I bieng to pessimistic?
Lets see now two table spoons of flax oil will help clear the cob webs off of the ole brain.
When you need a good snake oil saleman all you need to do is look to the Ceo's of the top five hundred corps. Doesn't any tell the truth any more?

davefair
Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:17 pm

Hello Dave ( the WISE!) Fair,

Yes, we do!

The asteroid's "pass-by" was something I read. Doesn't mean it's true. The test of the EAS for 11/9 probably isn't a test at all. It's so the president (who will be 2 miles underground in a NWO city) can tell the survivors to crouch down, place there heads between their legs and kiss their butts good-bye.
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:06 am

Glider,
I am intertaining the thought that the test is a test. The one for next year won't be.
The proscribed position for an airline crash is to lock your hands behind your head and then place your head between your knees.
I think that kiss your ass good by does apply. I have a thought for you. The end of the mayan calander does not mean the end but a new begining...... Just with a lot less of us arround. Did you by any chance see the movie with doctor strangeglove in it. Peter Sellars played such a good charcter in it. Slim pickins riding an A bomb to the ground.
But back to the premise of this thread.............. We never get the E.T. picture right because we are in the hands of people who think they know what we should or shouldn't know. I watched a show tonite with all of the folks who started area 51 all of those years ago. You know from bare desert until today. The CIA guy still managed to give me the creeps. The pilot guy was ok though.
He would proabably be a good guy to swap stories with. Are all ETs good guys? The things I saw didn't do any thing except be there.
O.C. says they lay things out in a puzzle format to make us think. Some times I don't want to think. I just want answers.
O.C. say it's HI Here we are. I can accept that as the truth because it makes sense. My next question would be "WHY"?
It's like why do they hang arround power plants? I'm betting that by this time next year we have a better idea.
I, would in fact, suggest that the earth and all of its inhabitants are nothing more then a test bed. On the down side it's going to be a pass or fail. Watching the world lately I think we may have blown it.

dave(the semiconsious)fair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:34 am

davefair wrote:

I, would in fact, suggest that the earth and all of its inhabitants are nothing more then a test bed. On the down side it's going to be a pass or fail. Watching the world lately I think we may have blown it.

We can't even see what is right in front of our faces. We talk about the BIG stuff, cuz BIG is easier to see. People laugh when I use the term "cell phone brain damage" regarding the failure of brain processing in people. Keep laughing. Cool

It doesn't have to "fall from the sky" to get you ... you are, like taking a shower, standing in it every day. Our future is being toasted right before our eyes.

http://www.magdahavas.com/2010/08/31/barrie-trower-speaks-about-microwave-radiation/

Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:19 pm

O.C.,
This is not new news. This is the way it has been for quite some time. Every electric line does similar. Wether it is in you home or up on a pole. If you stand under a high tension power lin in a wet t-shirt and grasp both ends of a floresence tub you will lilght it up.
Radio, Television and radar have been bombarding us for years. Micro wave ovens are an off shoot of micro wave transmissions.
They were frying birds up on the dew line back in the fifties and sixties. Every once in a while they would shut down and go remove the carcass. While stationed in Cicel N.A.S. We had a barracks over by the radar site. Every time they made a sweep the T.V. would go off and make strange noises. Some people have been so nuts over this that they wore tin foil hats to protect themselves.
Not that that worked, other then to get them locked in the lunnie bin.
Now your out in texas, I would be willing to bet ya, that you get bombarded with waves from every thing from satealites to cell phones on a 24 hr basis and your not a lunnie. (I spilled coke on my good key board so I am typing on the student size one, means I'm punching two keys at a time). Ya see I think we got the E.T. picture right. There has to be a number of diffrent E.T.s just guessing at less then one half of one percent of the know universe. Lets say that the grays actually exist. What do you think John doe would do if paulie walk up and said "HI! Its me. I gotta tell ya some thing bad is about to happen" The bible belt folks would go nuts. They would think the devil had arrived. Thats the only reason that makes sense for not comming out front with them.
If in fact something bad is going to happen and YOU were the top goverment offical in charge what would you do? Especaily if you couldn't save every boday. Ponder that and let me know what you think. Oh and by the way try this one on for size. If you were E.T. and didn't quite trust the goverment, how would you make sure the information got out and quietly at that.

See if you come up with the same answers I got.

Dave(still the idiot)fair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:47 am

davefair wrote:
O.C.,
This is not new news. This is the way it has been for quite some time.

I know - but it has gotten exponentially worse over time - and they know it.

There has to be a number of diffrent E.T.s just guessing at less then one half of one percent of the know universe. Lets say that the grays actually exist. What do you think John doe would do if paulie walk up and said "HI! Its me. I gotta tell ya some thing bad is about to happen" The bible belt folks would go nuts. They would think the devil had arrived. Thats the only reason that makes sense for not comming out front with them.

People aren't stupid ... they are just cognitively sidetracked. Mythopoeic thinking (which covers today's religious people) is an explainable process that can be presented simply at the beginning, and the workings of the brain can be gotten into more as people realize what has been going on and what has never been taught to them. The bottom line is that if, after having had explanations given to you, if you refuse to believe it, then reap the rewards of your ignorance. Everyone gets a Clovis culture tee-shirt, end of story.

If in fact something bad is going to happen and YOU were the top goverment offical in charge what would you do? Especaily if you couldn't save every boday. Ponder that and let me know what you think.

I would tell them the truth and do it in a way that explained everything. You need to understand that what we are supposed to know is just a single piece of information - that's it. This is not some all encompassing doctrine that fills in all the gaps of life here on earth and prepares us for ascension to another dimension. All it is, is one piece of information that fits one aspect of our lives. If there is a major problem coming - they show up and help because we are going to need it. That's it. That's why they are here.

Oh and by the way try this one on for size. If you were E.T. and didn't quite trust the goverment, how would you make sure the information got out and quietly at that.

Since I cannot sit down with every person who claims to have had an "ongoing" experience, I can't say 100% WHAT they have been up to. I know of one person who looked as if she was supposed to do something, but "life got in the way" and it was an epic fail.

I will go as far as to say there were probably others, but I can't prove it. UFO researchers have screwed this subject up and the data is a mess. As far as I know, and unless someone can prove me wrong, I'm the only one who came out the other end after 56 years of playing follow the bouncing ball with them.

Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:13 pm

We have inherited a great deal from those who have lived before us, some good, some bad. The one thing we never consider is what you could call our cognitive heritage, how THEY thought vs how WE think today. Although we have gotten better by using ALL aspects of the triune brain, many still do not - and are still lost in the thinking sauce. IF something is coming, we had better get to the point where we do things correctly, because if we don't - oh well.

I am going to post 5 links to 5 (rather large) pages I scanned for this exercise, the last page is cut off mid-sentence because by the time you get there you need to decide whether you are going to buy the book or not. The name of the book is The Intellectual Adventure of Ancient Man: An Essay of Speculative Thought in the Ancient Near East (Oriental Institute Essays) Henri Frankfort (Author), H. A. Frankfort (Author), John A. Wilson (Author), Thorkild Jacobsen (Author), William A. Irwin (Author) and it can be found online in places like Amazon.com

I haven't seen a PDF version, so, it's going to have to be purchased.

The idea here simply is, if we are going to win the cognitive battle regarding ET, seeing as we are being left alone to do this or not (our choice), we are going to have to take our brain apart and clean it. We really need to figure out where we are on the thinking road, and if fixing our approach is needed, then we have to do it.

This entire picture is super simple: once upon a time we thought a particular way. The question is begged: how much of the brain are we using today? How much of the OLD method of thinking still exists today, which boils down to nothing more than using 2 1/2 parts of a three piece brain. Mythopoeic thinking shows one piece missing from the mix - the absence of hard data. Since there was no hard data regarding life, people's approach was guesswork (r-complex and mid-brain), and expressed as a cartoon painted by the right hemisphere of the neo-cortex. The left hemisphere was useless because it had nothing to work with - there was no data. How many UFO related "ideas" are painted today in the same fashion? Then, who questions these ideas?

Anyway, make what you will of this work - it's up to you.

If you hit CONTROL and the " - " (minus) key, you should be able to shrink your browser screen to read it.

Page one.

Page two.

Page three.

Page four.

Page five.
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:51 pm

onlychild wrote:
davefair wrote:
O.C.,
This is not new news. This is the way it has been for quite some time.

I know - but it has gotten exponentially worse over time - and they know it.

There has to be a number of diffrent E.T.s just guessing at less then one half of one percent of the know universe. Lets say that the grays actually exist. What do you think John doe would do if paulie walk up and said "HI! Its me. I gotta tell ya some thing bad is about to happen" The bible belt folks would go nuts. They would think the devil had arrived. Thats the only reason that makes sense for not comming out front with them.

People aren't stupid ... they are just cognitively sidetracked. Mythopoeic thinking (which covers today's religious people) is an explainable process that can be presented simply at the beginning, and the workings of the brain can be gotten into more as people realize what has been going on and what has never been taught to them. The bottom line is that if, after having had explanations given to you, if you refuse to believe it, then reap the rewards of your ignorance. Everyone gets a Clovis culture tee-shirt, end of story. not cognatively side tracked but lacks afer a mind numbing day they trun on the tube and off the brain. Yep, they have been conditioned that way. I wonder how vast the world wide t.v. watchers actually are? You see I rember the days of black and white t.v. with the hand rotated antenna. Oh yea and no airconditioning.

If in fact something bad is going to happen and YOU were the top goverment offical in charge what would you do? Especaily if you couldn't save every boday. Ponder that and let me know what you think.

I would tell them the truth and do it in a way that explained everything. You need to understand that what we are supposed to know is just a single piece of information - that's it. This is not some all encompassing doctrine that fills in all the gaps of life here on earth and prepares us for ascension to another dimension. All it is, is one piece of information that fits one aspect of our lives. If there is a major problem coming - they show up and help because we are going to need it. That's it. That's why they are here. I grant you that some of them my be here to help, even if they don't talk to us.
The one piece of information is? They are here to help? Help who? I visited with a retired deupty buddie of mine today. He asked if I was still with the tinfoil hat gang. I told him yes. He then told me about sitting on the beach in his patrol car after midnight, watching jets from mcdill chase after a ufo. So I offered to make him a tin foil hat. We were sitting with four generations of his family, his mother,himself,his son, and his gand son. We all got a good lalugh out of it. He is a true believer since then. Of course he never reported it. I am considering buying his yamaha roadking bike. It's a 2000 model with a 1600 cc motor. A big bike and garage kept. The only problem is talking my wife into it.

Oh and by the way try this one on for size. If you were E.T. and didn't quite trust the goverment, how would you make sure the information got out and quietly at that.

Since I cannot sit down with every person who claims to have had an "ongoing" experience, I can't say 100% WHAT they have been up to. I know of one person who looked as if she was supposed to do something, but "life got in the way" and it was an epic fail.

I will go as far as to say there were probably others, but I can't prove it. UFO researchers have screwed this subject up and the data is a mess. As far as I know, and unless someone can prove me wrong, I'm the only one who came out the other end after 56 years of playing follow the bouncing ball with them.
Well see the bouncing ball leads some where. Remeber the way to get to the truth is to throw out every thing that doesn't fit and what remains no matter how improbale is the truth.
There you have it because over the years it come down to that one piece of information and you actually know what that is. You have the answer.

davefair after note my new avatar is my costume for my albino pekinise, though he is still fighting wearing the brown contacts.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:45 am

not cognatively side tracked but lacks afer a mind numbing day they trun on the tube and off the brain. Yep, they have been conditioned that way. I wonder how vast the world wide t.v. watchers actually are? You see I rember the days of black and white t.v. with the hand rotated antenna. Oh yea and no airconditioning.

And no tv remote control - Oh wait, WE were the remote control for our parents Why we will never get the ET picture right. Laugh2

Eh ... I have been there done that too - the brain is what the brain is, however, INTEREST is the key. I went through more crap (including the car wreck) than anyone in this picture, but INTEREST in the subject drove me onward. As far as "time out" and watch TV - yeah, I did that too. I needed a break - I took a break. And when I was rested, I went right back to it again. The Latin seems to show the picture: from L. interest "it is of importance, it makes a difference."

I grant you that some of them my be here to help, even if they don't talk to us.
The one piece of information is? They are here to help? Help who?

Us? LOL ...

There is no written record from the last arrival C 13,500 - (?) 10,000 BC. However, as far back as our sudden new approach to living as an agricultural society, there are signs preserved that connect to the nebula in question. The second line here shows the earliest references I have found, and go back to around 9000 +/- BC. From there you can speculate about other characters drawn, that look similar.

Why we will never get the ET picture right. Spanish-rock-paintings

I personally believe this is an artistic reference as well, from Gobekli Tepe.

Why we will never get the ET picture right. Gobekli_tepe2a

But this later representation C 3400 - 3000 BC from Newgrange I believe it was, is the best of all. The bottom line is that we cannot see the nebula without a high powered telescope. How did they know? Who showed them? "Someone" was here thousands of years earlier, and we were preserving a single piece of information, that I believe was an upgrade to the original "obese goddess" symbol, with a slight possibility that it was done for us today. Why? Maybe - they knew we were going to lose it - ? - and we could wonder HOW they knew this back then? I dunno.

Why we will never get the ET picture right. Orion_m42m43abcde

This symbol was supposed to last until the next time it was needed ... it didn't make it.

Why we will never get the ET picture right. Shh_tanit2

I visited with a retired deupty buddie of mine today. He asked if I was still with the tinfoil hat gang. I told him yes. He then told me about sitting on the beach in his patrol car after midnight, watching jets from mcdill chase after a ufo. So I offered to make him a tin foil hat. We were sitting with four generations of his family, his mother,himself,his son, and his gand son. We all got a good lalugh out of it. He is a true believer since then. Of course he never reported it. I am considering buying his yamaha roadking bike. It's a 2000 model with a 1600 cc motor. A big bike and garage kept. The only problem is talking my wife into it.

LOL ... yeah, been there done that too - hence the reason I live alone
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Chuckle

Well see the bouncing ball leads some where. Remeber the way to get to the truth is to throw out every thing that doesn't fit and what remains no matter how improbale is the truth.
There you have it because over the years it come down to that one piece of information and you actually know what that is. You have the answer.

All I ever wanted was for someone to prove me wrong - then I could watch TV all day
Why we will never get the ET picture right. Laugh2
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:21 am

O.C.,
why would any one try to prove you wrong? It is not necessary for any one to prove you wrong. The simple fact is this. The majority of the the attention of the world is fully focused on the impending collapse of the economy. The sad part is thier answer.
Write more funny money. The value of any currency to day grow less and less on a daily basis. Fear drives the economey, the lack of faith in our leaders to solve the problems drives the fear. If the economy tanks, then all things become both worthless and beyond value at the same time. It doesn't require a major natural catastrophic event to preticipate it. Most people are like lemmings and will bolt for the cliff in herds. It would indeed result in a major blood letting. Look whats going on arround the Globe.
If that doesn't scare the crap outta ya. I don't know what will. Bring the army home and throw them out on the streets.
With no jobs how long do you think it will take?
I read some where that the citizens would revolt if the tax rate went 50%. So the hide the taxes as fees or hidden taxes that the consummer pays like it or not. We have to many guns to try an collect them.
As a result it leaves us where? I don't know! But I do know that I will be watching. Where will you be?
Oh by the way the wife say she doesn't want to go down to the morgue and identify my mangled body. (Sigh)
So i guess no bike.

Davefair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:11 am

davefair wrote:
O.C.,
why would any one try to prove you wrong? It is not necessary for any one to prove you wrong.

When I said that all I ever wanted was for someone to prove me wrong, I meant that we never see everything, that I could have missed something anywhere along the line. Help was something I never got over the years - I just got used to it. The one time I presented a theory on the translation of page one of the Voynich manuscript, the people involved jumped all over me. No help - no questions regarding HOW I arrived at my conclusions - just dog pile on the rabbit. I didn't care if it was wrong, I just wanted to know WHERE it was wrong, if indeed it was wrong.
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:11 am

onlychild wrote:
davefair wrote:
O.C.,
why would any one try to prove you wrong? It is not necessary for any one to prove you wrong.

When I said that all I ever wanted was for someone to prove me wrong, I meant that we never see everything, that I could have missed something anywhere along the line. Help was something I never got over the years - I just got used to it. The one time I presented a theory on the translation of page one of the Voynich manuscript, the people involved jumped all over me. No help - no questions regarding HOW I arrived at my conclusions - just dog pile on the rabbit. I didn't care if it was wrong, I just wanted to know WHERE it was wrong, if indeed it was wrong.
O.C.,
I thought you understood! People do not want to hear the truth. What they want to hear is ever thing is getting better. The status quoe remains the same. You make them uncomfortable when you tell them any different. So they stop listening. What you do is find people that will listen. Take glider as an example of some one will to listen. When you "speak" he pays attention. You are not missing data! It's in your head! All you have to do is drag it out and examine it then put it in print for the rest of us to read.
Even that wonder full blue man alfred will examine it. Bet cha a buck. It's some thing you need to do, in fact you are compelled too.
I know that the time is short, just a little over a year now. I'm not concerned with stock piling a years worth of food and medicnie.
What I am concerned with is my family.
Dang it I'm falling asleep at the key board.

davefair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:51 am

davefair wrote:

O.C.,
I thought you understood! People do not want to hear the truth. What they want to hear is ever thing is getting better. The status quoe remains the same. You make them uncomfortable when you tell them any different. So they stop listening. What you do is find people that will listen. Take glider as an example of some one will to listen. When you "speak" he pays attention. You are not missing data! It's in your head! All you have to do is drag it out and examine it then put it in print for the rest of us to read.

Oh I do get it ... hence my signature quotes.

… many people today don't want honest answers insofar as 'honest’ means 'unpleasant’ or 'disturbing.’ They want a soft answer that turneth away anxiety. — Louis Kronenberger

Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true. — Francis Bacon

I know that the time is short, just a little over a year now. I'm not concerned with stock piling a years worth of food and medicnie.
What I am concerned with is my family.
Dang it I'm falling asleep at the key board.

Let me say this about "dates" - there is no "date". We have a bad habit of creating dates, and if there is no data regarding WHEN from the front office - there simply is no date. This is what I went through with the "16 months" failure back in 2006. I 'heard' one piece of information that night in 2004 that wasn't connected to anything - and I filled in the blanks. Epic failure.

In the piece I wrote and am cleaning up, I explained that once you can get the base idea in your head (there is NO date), the restoration of the one lost idea, THEN you can go out and play and see if you can figure out the behind the scenes picture because it doesn't matter if you are right or wrong. I call it the Gamer Approach and I do it too. I took Longfellow's poem on Orion apart - and created a date. Is is right? It doesn't matter - it's a game. I know the bottom line truth, and the rest is occupying my time just having fun.

All we have to do, just like kids who do not get into the details that are up to mom and dad to figure out, is get in the car when it's time to go, or whatever the picture is. What do the kids do while waiting? They go out and play - period. When the parents are ready to go, they will call you.

Once upon a time we knew this. It was one single piece of information that was in our knowledge of life, and that's it. It didn't dominate our thinking, it was just one small part of our overall picture. So - what if, for instance, the "IT" that is coming was the asteroid Apophis? Then we have from now until this created date of April 13, 2036 to tell 7 billion people what they need to know.

It's all super simple ... ET does not show up in our faces unless something bad is coming. In our case today, we are the end result of 5000+ years of BS that has grown exponentially over the millennia because our ancestors eliminated the data out of fear connected to the minor superwave event C 5300 BC. They expected ET to show up - they didn't come - because it was only a minor event. We screwed ourselves.

Now they are here and no one knows why. Well, I just explained why - something is coming, it isn't going to be good, so just sit back until mommy and daddy tell us what to do. That's it. We have to stop making mountains out of molehills.

If a theory cannot be explained to a child, then the theory is probably worthless. — Einstein.

Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:50 pm

O.C.,
Well I gotta admit........... at least you made it to the other side. I wonder how many other folks didn't. The ones with the life got in the way folks. It's a lot like the ostrich sysdrome. Today in this economy if you stick your head in the sand some body is going to run over you. It makes me kinda bitter sweet to look at it. A guy bought the house next door for a mear 46 grand, a third of what the house had been worth. He's hoping to fix it up and rent it. I wish him luck. The way I got it figured is I am either waiting for E.T. to show or for a gooe Pandemic. Tonight I figure the pandemic.

Dave(the tired)fair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:54 am

davefair wrote:
O.C.,
Well I gotta admit........... at least you made it to the other side. I wonder how many other folks didn't. The ones with the life got in the way folks.

October of last year I said I was retiring from this on November 5, which was an event anniversary date back in '73. Stuck it out for one more year, nothing changed. Looks like that's going to happen again this year - Gilovich was right:

We are predisposed to see order, pattern, and meaning in the world, and we find randomness, chaos, and meaninglessness unsatisfying. Human nature abhors a lack of predictability and the absence of meaning. As a consequence, we tend to "see" order where there is none, and we spot meaningful patterns where only the vagaries of chance are operating. ...

Clearly, the tendency to look for order and to spot patterns is
enormously helpful, particularly when we subject whatever
hunches it generates to further, more rigorous test. Many times, however, we treat the products of this tendency not as hypotheses, but as established facts. The predisposition to impose order can be so automatic and so unchecked that we often end up believing in the existence of phenomena that just aren't there.

Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:02 am

Hello Only Child,

The pattern tendency is inherent in all living things so don't let a normal trait be the catalyst in your decision. what is NOT normal in nature is a triangular shape so quite naturally Humans are especially drawn to it. The BT's are a good example in my case but these three recent reports from the http://www.ufostalker.com/ site around Kansas City are just too amazing to read to give up!

Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why we will never get the ET picture right.   Why we will never get the ET picture right. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why we will never get the ET picture right.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next