The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Morning Coffee - Page 2 Vote_lcapMorning Coffee - Page 2 I_voting_barMorning Coffee - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Morning Coffee - Page 2 Vote_lcapMorning Coffee - Page 2 I_voting_barMorning Coffee - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Morning Coffee

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gort
CE 1
Gort

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Morning Coffee - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:57 am

Good Morning All Smile

Today's Topic From Me:

Being Able to Understand The Understandable

Sometimes it takes seconds. Sometimes it takes decades, and then sometimes it hasn't happened yet. I don't like to use the word never, because the moment you use it, someone will come along and prove you wrong. I wish I could remember who it was, or when in my youth I heard the phrase "Imagine The Possibilities"

Somehow I took that to heart, and it was my Father who, when he was trying so desperately to show me different ways of doing math problems, explained that knowing and being able to use different formulas was the key to solving problems. I would watch him scribble numbers in less than a minute, and provide me the answer that it took me a half hour of torment to come up with.

So when someone says "That can't be done", I muse back to that vision, and say " You just haven't used the right formulas yet"

He also showed me that when faced with a brick wall, you have options. You can hit it, and break through it. You can climb over it. You can go around it. You can even dig under it. There is always a way to get to the other side.

Just because you have not experienced something does not mean that it does not exist. I believe that our planet has experienced things that we can not explain because not enough of us have experienced it yet.

I often hear people say, Where is the scientific proof to validate the existence of UFOs?

We have all kinds of evidence, and as soon as it is presented, it is whisked away and kept hidden so as to portray that there was no evidence, but that is a subject for an entirely different epic novel.

The main point that I am trying to make here is that if you can open your mind enough to allow the thought that other possibilities exist, you have solved the first problem facing you. New physics are being imagined and tested. What once was said to be not possible, is now fact.
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:37 am

Good Morning All Smile

Today's Topic From Me:

Energy

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't sit and ponder how as I grow older the less energy I have. I think back to when I ran Cross Country & Track in high school, and how much energy I expended trying to prove that I was better at it than other people.

I guess it is just that competitive nature in me that compels me to do things like that. I learned what it was like to be a team player and to do more than what was expected of me so that I would help my team.

We all are subject to days when we just don't have that energy it takes to do what is expected of us. Fortunately for me there has always been someone around me to inspire me to keep going and do more than I needed to.

As I sit here this morning and drink my coffee I hope that there are people around you, that inspire you to do more than what is expected of you. I have expended a lot of energy in my lifetime so far, but when I think back, it was all for a good cause. So as I expend the energy it takes to bring the truth to light about UFOs, I hope you can expend your energy with me. The light that it will become, will fuel future generations forever.
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:00 am

Good Morning All Smile

Today's Topic From Me:

Contact

Just watched Ancient Aliens "The Return"

It made me think about how are we going to act when contact is made.

Some theorize that all forms of society and government will fail, when this is announced.

I disagree. I believe it will undergo a major overhaul and change, but I don't believe it will fall apart. If there were only one religion and one government that might happen, but we are blessed with being diverse and that is what will hold us all together.

The thing that I found most interesting was that the protocol if contact is made is to keep it secret until the authorities determine whether to release the information or not. So contact may have been made and we may have been kept out of the loop intentionally.

Hopefully this topic provides some discussion.
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:17 am

Good Morning All Smile

Today's Topic From Me:

Scientific Proof

It would be great to hear how much science has improved over the last 60 years, from the scientists who are on the cutting edge of Research and Development programs.

If we are truly looking for scientific proof, what new technologies are we using to scientifically prove that the objects that thousands of people witness, that are classified as CE1 or higher, are happening?

What new tools and procedures do we have to use as a way of proving what is happening?
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:31 am

Good Morning All Smile

Today's Topic From Me:

Special Access Programs

When I listened to the latest archived program of Future Theater from Sat night, I realized that the scope of the special access programs is most likely more than I can imagine. When I read reports of plasma like balls of light acting like intelligently controlled craft, it makes me wonder just what is really in our capabilities.
Back to top Go down
jackgbowman
CE 2

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2010-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Scientific Proof   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:40 pm

I, on occasion, sing with a band and one night I came home from a gig and turned on the discovery channel - between 2 and 3 in the morning:
Northrup Grumman was doing a promo film of advance craft they were playing with and designing- large black triangles and rectangle craft. Not as huge as the Giants seen in recent years, but much like the Belgian craft from 20 years ago. What we (US) have, what is alien, what we've borrowed and what is disinformation become convoluted over time. Like we are all atomic particals trying to create our own reality.
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:21 am

I agree Jack. I think it is all part of the confusion created to try to keep the unknown...unknown.
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:22 am

Good Morning All Smile

Today's Topic From Me:

Learning

We learn from experiences that we have throughout our lifetime. Some we are exposed to, others we have someone who has had the experience, and is willing to show us what they have learned from theirs.

I believe that it just comes down to this: How are you learning?
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Good Morning All Smile

Today's Topic From Me:

Psychology of UFOs

This is an area that I hope others will respond to. If you are like me, you have been studying UFOs for a while now, and you're tired. You are tired because with all of the material that you have studied, you are left with just as many questions as you started with.

My learned abilities to understand psychology as it relates to UFOs is somewhat limited. Our brains are programed to respond to analytical thinking. In science, when you mix chemical A with chemical B, you always get the same reaction. So therefore the answer C is always a constant. When it comes to UFOs, we mix A & B together and we get many results. To our logical brains, this does not makes sense to us and we can not prove the answer with the logic that we have used for centuries. So for all of us who have mixed A & B, with the C result not being C as we know it, it puzzles our way of logic.

It is frustrating because we have not learned to think differently.

So if changing the result, is based on one or more of the elements used to obtain the result being changed, then we must find where that change occurs. We seem to be focused on proving that the result is there. Should we be looking at how the result was obtained, when the elements mixed do not result in the same result?

One of the elements is secrecy. This is where the psychology comes in.

When you have something that you want to keep secret, the only way to keep it secret, is to not let anyone else know that secret.

If the secret does get out, you have to do all that you can to minimize the damage of someone else knowing it. You can hide the truth. You can have someone else tell the truth in such a way that it seems unbelievable. You can deny the truth and force someone else to prove the truth. All of these can be separate or they can be done all together to confuse anyone who is trying to find the truth.

So for me, I know a truth as the answer. I have only been able to prove it by using the logic that my brain is programed to use as a problem solving tool. I only have two equations to use that make sense to me. I need to be able to find a new tool that will work for all of the equations, that will result in the truth as the answer.

Whoever is in control of the secret, is using all of the tools available to keep it from the public. perhaps some of it has gotten out, and the one, or ones in control are doing everything in their power to contain it.

One of the questions that I constantly ask myself is: Why is this secret so important to keep secret? People keep secrets, because in their mind they feel that they will suffer if someone knows the secret. Think of all of the reasons that you keep secrets. What will happen if your secret gets out? Who does it effect?

So who does the secret of UFOs really effect? Will the entire population of the world come to a screeching halt if the secret gets out? I don't think so.

So I am left to believe that the one, or ones in control of the secret will lose something that they have. I am trying to think about what they have, that they believe is so important, that they feel that they can not loose it, and will stop at nothing to keep it.

Perhaps this is the part of the equation that we should be focusing on. Smile
Back to top Go down
jackgbowman
CE 2

PostSubject: Logic   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Gort,
The human mind has different layers and functions, the brain as the holder of that mind is full of secrets. Logic and verbal language dominates the left hemisphere and spacial relations; depth, geometry, abstract thinking is covered by the right side, the center communicates the two, the frontal lobe is advanced functions, below the cortex is the instinctual or animal brain- drives,instincts, reactions, basic needs.
The type of thinking that you mentioned the a+b = c
is the logic form the alternatives were stuidied by BF Skinner when he
repleced a nd b with stimulus and response and he could get an animal or person toi have differnt responses by changing how often the stimulus was introduced, the most effective- varible interval response, in other words with regard to the subject give them a piece of information every once in a whilke on a random basis and they will never give up.
This is what has been done to us - perhaps unintentionally or on purpose in prep for something..so we don't stop wanting the answers, we are driven to find them even though many are beyond our reach and others are buried in a box somewhere.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:07 pm

I have been over this picture more times than I wish to count. I have created every possible scenario that I could come up with; the answer is always the same: no data - no answer. After looking at this same result come up over and over and over, there is only one answer left: What did we lose? If we knew what we had lost it would be a simple matter to restore the data. What I have found, and I have brought this up before, is the simplest of pictures: we are not responsible for anything but knowing that when they show up - it's because something very bad is coming. We are not responsible for the details, this particular situation has never happened before (the battle with the PTB), and whatever ET is going to do, we need to trust them - period. They aren't stupid - we are. Just trust.
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:19 am

There is so much to say on this, that I just don't know where top start.

We talk about the powers to be, and I think we addressed it! How is it that a small group can have control over the general populous?
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:02 am

Gort wrote:
There is so much to say on this, that I just don't know where top start.

We talk about the powers to be, and I think we addressed it! How is it that a small group can have control over the general populous?
Decades back, people never thought there could be a situation like this, so, it was easy to put in place. Makes you wonder where Woodrow Wilson was going when he said:

Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the U.S., in the field of commerce and manufacturing, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.

Back to top Go down
jackgbowman
CE 2

PostSubject: power   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:13 pm

I went to Mexico city and asked some well educated folks that live there about the story that Mexico, as a country, is basically ruled by 12 families, the rest are their servants, workers, employed poor and desperate. They confirmed this.
I see our beautiful country and as going down the same Milton Freedman road;
the elite, the poor and the working class - no more middle class.
Also information is let out tio make the workers complacent- this includes
all perceived truths.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 5:36 pm

jackgbowman wrote:
I see our beautiful country and as going down the same Milton Freedman road; the elite, the poor and the working class - no more middle class. Also information is let out to make the workers complacent- this includes all perceived truths.
This won't work with 6 1/2 billion people, and so, we have to "go".
Back to top Go down
free wheel
CE 3
free wheel

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Thats a lot of people Onlychild !

FW .
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:13 pm

free wheel wrote:
Thats a lot of people Onlychild !

FW .
There were 3 releases of information that show a pattern and connection to doom: Fulcanelli's added chapter in 1957; The Red Serpent document in '67; and the Georgia Guidestones in '80. Ever read the Guidestones? Look at # 1. In order to do that over 6 billion people have to be - missing.

http://www.radioliberty.com/stones.htm
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:18 am

I posted this the other day in the MUFON forum, and even though it was meant to rally MUFON members I feel that the message is for everyone. I think that no matter who you are, or where you are, or what UFO organization you belong to, we are all in this together. I would much rather see us all united, than torn apart. So please accept this as part of my wish for humanity, of which we are all part of.

Good Morning All Smile

Today's Topic From Me:

The More You Know

I started down this path some forty years ago. At the time I was young and had always been told the more you research a subject the more you will know about it. So I started to read any book I could find on UFOs, so that I would learn more. Here it is some 40 years later and I have to admit that I have learned a great deal about the whole phenomenon, but I feel like I am still searching for answers that can't or won't be available to us. When I read mdaisy's post, I feel her frustration at the way things are handled and also along with the rest of you, who feel that we are being ignored, controlled, and placed into a file for whatever reason. I have a sense that the amount of credible UFO reports on file, are so staggering that it would make anyone's head spin.

I remember seeing the disclosure project video of the National Press Club Conference, and sending an e-mail to them letting them know that I would testify before congress as to my own sighting and that I would help in any way I could. I never heard from them.

It is so hard for me to fathom, the reason that this whole thing is being controlled, is so important that it can not even be acknowledged. I think that if I can learn about culture from places that I have never been, then I can learn about beings and technology that exists elsewhere. I don't consider that I am any different that anyone else. We can all learn, if someone is willing to teach us.

I have learned to control my temperament and my guess is that after 40 years whoever is in charge, is betting that I, along with all of the thousands of credible witnesses, are just going to give up trying because no one is responding or acknowledging that there is anything to report, and no one cares about it.

I have lasted 40 some years and refuse to give up. I don't want any of you to give up either. They say that there is strength in numbers. This is why I am so passionate about MUFON. WE have the data and overwhelming evidence. We need the membership to triple, and stand up, and tell the world that we are not going away and that this is the most important subject that the public needs to know about and understand. It effects the entire planet. Everything that we do in our daily lives is effected by this knowledge. Everyone on this planet is effected by the knowledge of the truth. We need to unite and not be afraid of the unknown. We have reached a point in our civilization where we are standing at the door and are trying to figure out what will happen if we walk through. Let's walk through the door and learn what's on the other side.

I really don't know how many people reading this feel the same way I do, but we will never know until we walk through that door together. So I say to you, that no mater how long your journey has been on this road, the more you know will be the difference in standing at the door, or walking through it. For the benefit of humanity, let's walk through that door and learn what's on the other side, then come back and teach the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:40 am

Gort wrote:
We can all learn, if someone is willing to teach us.

The problem in this picture rests with the individual. People want to know - but yet - if you tell them something that makes them uncomfortable (AKA afraid / reality) they walk away (and still complain they want to know).

TPTB (whoever that boils down to being) are not going to tell you anything; you are going to have to do this on your own, examine the data, and draw a conclusion. I have said that there has been enough information in circulation to draw a conclusion about ET and the fact they are here; so that part is over. Next would be WHY are they here. The error in approach here is that people do not go far enough into history to gain insight; on top of the fact that they don't know HOW to do research; on top of the fact that you cannot find something when you have no idea what it is you are looking for (the key in the picture). It's like a vicious circle.

I can save you all a lot of time - the bottom line is DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. We lost ONE SINGLE PIECE OF INFORMATION - just ONE. That information was removed from history 5000+ years ago, and as the NEW REPLACEMENT information spread (AKA religion), things got progressively worse for us.

All we need to know (that ONE THING) is that if ET gets THIS CLOSE ... it isn't for a good reason. Something not very nice is coming. Also, we are NOT responsible for the details (if we were, we would have them). If TSHTF ET will handle the details, and all we have to be is mentally ready for whatever they do. For example: What if you suddenly found yourself on board a ship - would you be able to handle it? You would if you had "mentally prepared yourself."

Frankly, I don't see it happening. I see humanity running in fear and epically failing. Won't be the first time either.
Back to top Go down
jackgbowman
CE 2

PostSubject: the topic of the day   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:34 pm

Okay let me say my piece on this history line;
we have had contact with et for how long?
Well, the Sumerians say yes, the Inca, Mayans and other cultures say yes.
So, I think we have to look at what we know for sure and that is just like the formation of religion, there are explanations for things we don't understand, if we can't see or measure them we speculate.
Some of these are pretty wild, others are more tangible have evidence to back them up.
The people who built the Egyptian Pyramids are buried nearby them.
Their graves have been excavated and dna has been taken, they are much like the Egyptians that live there today. Humans built great things.
Whatever you believe, it would be great if the entire truth were available to us.
It is not, we are kept out here on the lunatic fringe
to share with each other and leave though that know to go on their marry way.
When et decides to show themselves to us, it is a mind blowing and exciting experience
maybe they will land on the white house lawn, maybe not we have pieces of the truth I think we need to keep putting the pieces together and keep our minds open for what is really there.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:41 pm

jackgbowman wrote:
Okay let me say my piece on this history line;
we have had contact with et for how long?

According to what I am looking at, in the context of what I am doing, 40,000 BC is either a beginning point, or a turning point. I say this because there is an archeological anomaly concerning the mother goddess / sign of life symbol. Allegedly, there are two carvings that go back to a spread of 700,000 - 200,000 BC. I want it proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

jackgbowman wrote:

Well, the Sumerians say yes, the Inca, Mayans and other cultures say yes.
So, I think we have to look at what we know for sure and that is just like the formation of religion, there are explanations for things we don't understand, if we can't see or measure them we speculate.
Some of these are pretty wild, others are more tangible have evidence to back them up.

What you would be looking for is no longer there; the Sumerians and Egyptians rewrote history. Our mother goddess symbol, obese for a reason for thousands of years, suddenly had a new position, and became the svelte goddess we have come to know, complete with a husband and child. Cause and effect - why did this happen?

jackgbowman wrote:

The people who built the Egyptian Pyramids are buried nearby them.
Their graves have been excavated and dna has been taken, they are much like the Egyptians that live there today. Humans built great things.
Whatever you believe, it would be great if the entire truth were available to us. It is not, we are kept out here on the lunatic fringe
to share with each other and leave though that know to go on their marry way.

I tried earlier on to lay a foundation, to present ideas - no one (as usual) was interested. I do things this way for a reason; and that reason is people. People say they want to know - they really don't.

jackgbowman wrote:

When et decides to show themselves to us, it is a mind blowing and exciting experience
maybe they will land on the white house lawn, maybe not we have pieces of the truth I think we need to keep putting the pieces together and keep our minds open for what is really there.

You cannot find something when you have no idea what it is you are looking for.

Back to top Go down
jackgbowman
CE 2

PostSubject: for me part of the truth looks like this...pieces.   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:49 pm

Published: 7:20 AM 7/3/2010
Editor, the Tribune

John Podesta was White House chief of staff under President Bill Clinton and also served as co-chairman of the Obama presidential transition team.

At a Nov. 14, 2007, news conference at the National Press Club, Podesta called for U.S. government disclosure of the UFO phenomenon, saying: “I think it’s time to open the books on questions that have remained in the dark on the question of UFOs. It’s time to find out what the truth really is that’s out there.

"We ought to do it because it is right. We ought to do it because the American people, quite frankly, can handle the truth, and we ought to do it because it is the law.”

According to reporter Alfred Lambremont Webre, former White House employee and Air Force One engineer Wilbur “Will” Allen has publicly acknowledged that there have been numerous UFO and extraterrestrial over-flights and landings on Capitol Hill, which he photographed with state-of-the-art, high-definition equipment.

Allen was trained in photography and photographic analysis at a CIA laboratory and has done filming for major motion picture companies, including Warner Brothers.

Interestingly, Webre also reports that Podesta has recently urged Allen to cease his public discussion of those UFO activities, saying such disclosure could “destabilize society.”

One wonders why Podesta would do such a radical reversal, given his former plea for UFO disclosure.

Bill Wickersham
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:11 pm

jackgbowman wrote:
One wonders why Podesta would do such a radical reversal, given his former plea for UFO disclosure.[/b]

We'll find out - because IT, whatever IT is ... is coming.

You need to understand too, TPTB, however you wish to define them, know about the symbol I mentioned. So far, it's zodiacal counterpart has been used as a signature 3 times in destruction events. The last one was the Gulf Oil Disaster. Will we wake up in time? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:11 am

Good Morning All Smile

Today's Topic From Me:

Good, Bad, Karma, and Perception

They say that the path to enlightenment is learning to balance both the good and bad, understanding that karma will guide you. I don't know if anyone ever said that, but it sounded good.

I am not sure what to make of the article in the MUFON journal about the woman being terrorized by an entity in Nebraska. I have never witnessed an entity so I can't say much about it.

The first thing that comes to my mind is perception. The woman obviously perceived fear from the appearance of the entity and chose flight as a survival mechanism to deal with it. If we look at nature we can see that many species have a foreboding appearance, that is designed to help thwart an advance by a predator. I will never forget the first time I saw a closeup of a Mandrill on the cover of National Geographic. It sent shivers down my spine then and even today I have a hard time looking at even pictures of them. I believe that I would pass out if I came face to face with one. So perhaps this entity looks like this in order to survive.

I have listened to arguments about the intentions of aliens. Some profess that they are here to help, and some say they will harm us. I think that you have to have something tangible to justify this. When you walk down the street and you say hello to someone and they nod their head and say hello back, you perceive that they are friendly. If you say hello, and they punch you in the face, your perception changes. What I am getting at here is that, how you perceive things, determines how you react to them. So in my case, if aliens land and they get out and look like Mandrills, I will find it extremely difficult to make contact with them, unless they show me that they are peaceful. Even then, it will take a lot of courage on my part to be able to get over my fear based on my perception. I am using this to illustrate a point. Just because something looks different, does not mean that it is harmful or dangerous.

And now to tie this in to my topic. We all perceive things in different ways, what is fun for some is boring for others. What may seem beautiful to some, might be hideous to someone else. Our perceptions should only be based upon first hand experience, but may times it is based upon what we are told. A good example of this is when a friend goes to a restaurant and receives poor service because the cook is coming down with the flu, or has had a personal problem and cannot concentrate on work. The friend has a bad experience and goes around telling everyone not to go to the restaurant because the food is bad. It takes another person to go back another day and receive good service before this starts to be reversed.

Perception is based upon the experience or feeling that a person is subjected to. We are such complex creatures, that although we have the same basic hardware, the software that we call our brains, is so diverse that we still don't know how it operates, or what it's full potential is.

I want to believe that until I am threatened by an alien, that I will consider them to be benevolent. I want to take a close look at what my perception is based upon. I believe that there is a difference between unpleasant, and harm as an experience. Then again, it is all about the perception of the entity, in what they consider harm.
Back to top Go down
jackgbowman
CE 2

PostSubject: perception   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:50 pm

You said that better than I ever could have...thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning Coffee   Morning Coffee - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morning Coffee
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: Other Stuff :: Leftovers-
Jump to: