The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
whitley strieber Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
whitley strieber Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
whitley strieber Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
whitley strieber Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
whitley strieber Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
whitley strieber Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
whitley strieber Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
whitley strieber Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
whitley strieber Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
whitley strieber Vote_lcapwhitley strieber I_voting_barwhitley strieber Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
whitley strieber Vote_lcapwhitley strieber I_voting_barwhitley strieber Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

whitley strieber

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
millipede
Seeker
millipede

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-05-25

whitley strieber Empty
PostSubject: whitley strieber   whitley strieber Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:30 pm

hallo! just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about any of his "visitors" books.
study good summer reading? [i hate chicklit.]

I love you apologies for not posting this under "books" but it seems i cannot make new topics there.
Back to top Go down

whitley strieber Empty
PostSubject: Re: whitley strieber   whitley strieber Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:21 pm

The books topic is not open yet, as I was going to put a list of my favorites.

I think Whitley Strieber's books are fiction, and he has done more to destroy ufology's standing than many other authors.

Travis Walton's book is interesting, even though he makes a bigger noose for himself (He states the others did not see the object, just the light. He also makes the claim he never made any money off the abduction claim, forgetting about the $5000 National Enquirer payment, two book deals, and a movie deal). The positive part of his case is he saw two types of aliens and they did not look like the Betty and Barney Hill case (one group looked like the Starchild from the UFO Hunters episode on abductions). Also, Mr Walton lost ten pounds and yet was nourished. A mark on the back of the neck could of been made by the alien visitors and that saved his life. I recommend the book so you can make up your own mind, as I am on the fence on the case.

"Captured" by Kathleen Mardsen and Stanton Friedmen about the Hill case is very good. Updated information and the whole case is re-examined.

"Shoot Them Down" by Frank Feschino is about the Summer of 1952 flying saucer wave and includes the Flatwoods Monster case.

"Alien Agenda" by Jim Marrs has some very good cases in it. There is an extensive bibliography for other authors in that book.

Those are some books to get you started. Many are available at your library (some can be ordered), and all are available at amazon.com.

Goddess Bless,

Lloyd
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-03-08

whitley strieber Empty
PostSubject: Re: whitley strieber   whitley strieber Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:28 pm

There is actually a book topic in media.

As always on such things kidflash and I disagree. I don't believe Ufology ever had a standing that could be destroyed. I think Whitley has done more to bring Ufology into the minds of the masses than anyone else in modern history. My guess would be that there are many Ufologists that would not being selling as many books without the market and interest that Whitley created. Aside from that, I believe that he is telling the truth as he remembers it, which does not necessarily make it the truth, but I don't believe he is lying.
Back to top Go down
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-03-08

whitley strieber Empty
PostSubject: Re: whitley strieber   whitley strieber Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Also, I get around to reading all of Whitley's books eventually. I have been a fan since before Communion, love his horror novels! Basically I find all Whitley's books enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com

whitley strieber Empty
PostSubject: Re: whitley strieber   whitley strieber Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:08 pm

I really liked his book "Wolfen". I could not really get into his alien encounter books, and then found out the aliens are invisible to everyone else. It also does not help his case when he starts writing about underground alien bases. Reality, what a concept.

Lesley, I disagree with you on Mr Strieber, but I should also tell the OP that they need to make up their own minds on what he has to say. I have read many authors that make some people in the field cringe, so I will never be for any kind of censorship.

I remember reading Michael Cremo's book "Forbidden Archeology" and being attacked because the author is a Krishna. Never mind the fact that he raises good points in a very well researched book. millipede, you get whatever books you need, and decide for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

whitley strieber Empty
PostSubject: Re: whitley strieber   whitley strieber Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

whitley strieber
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: Aliens & UFOs :: Contactees-
Jump to: