The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Vote_lcapJuly, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 I_voting_barJuly, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Vote_lcapJuly, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 I_voting_barJuly, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.

Go down 
+5
JustSarah
knives52
onlychild
Vortexasylum
glider
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Shamus_UFO

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-07-05

July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:43 am

glider wrote:
Hello OC and All,

It is T+ 15 minutes. There was no ET showing so I move that this project be formally closed.
:/
Thats a shame.
I had partly cloudy skies, so i dont know
if i saw one or not Razz
But, Hopefully, ET's were saying high mentally, like someone had said, they commonly use talepathy? Wink
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:38 am

glider wrote:
Hello OC and All,

It is T+ 15 minutes. There was no ET showing therefore I move that this project be formally closed. As the designer of this Effort I feel that the official say goes to Only Child. As soon as know I will close the project on the various Forums and we can move on from there. Well done EVERYONE!

Well, we tried ... and there is nothing wrong with trying.

"Guessing" the reasons why it didn't work could create a rather large pile of confusion and it isn't worth going into. However, this outcome should be explored logically like any result in any experiment, and if we do it correctly we may yet open this picture up. I have had "stuff" going on all of my life, and after everything is said and done I would have thought "the teacher" in this picture would have stepped up to the "desk" and "said" something last night - why didn't it happen?

Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:08 am

Hello All,

ET did not show up. This was not a big surprise to most of us. Across the Forums, other than an occasional meteor and a couple of isolated unknowns, the skies were quiet and, other than celestial bodies, virtually empty. But this first step had an extremely important message attached which has been stated many times. That being the fact that a believer, any believer, will begin to realize many things personally, and collectively, as a result of this exercise.

I'm figuring first off that the "Why Are They Here?" question is out for the time being. So does this mean that ET's no-show means nonexistence?
That could be a close call for some believers IMHO. Why ET didn't show I feel should take center stage for the time being. There will be conjecture of course but the subject would be indicative of getting the dialogue pared down into a size that one can get their mind around.

Focusing on why Aliens did not display themselves as opposed to they don't exist should garner the best minds in the genre to dig deeper because of the new slant on this enigma. Different doors may open and there may even be room for science. The important thing is to keep going and not let up. Most of you know by now that gathering like minds together to take action is something that has already be done and is part of your UFO history now. It's something to build on not to rest on.

1) The invasion, enslavement, destruction, and many more of the concerns and fears of ET within the UFO community did NOT happen. And "Be careful what you wish for" no longer applies. It never did apply actually but did serve as a barometer in registering how high the level of fear was for some of the community. A phrase like that can also generate fear where there once was none.

2) Anyone who was fearful WRT ET before the Event can now rest in the fact that an unknown, while eliciting a natural apprehension, need not stall anyone's efforts in pursuing a goal. Projecting a future outcome without facts is normal but to have a "what if" rule one's life and decisions in making progress, based on imagination driven by fear, makes little sense and left unchecked can freeze an individual into doing nothing. The Forum memberships demonstrate this rather obviously.

It cannot be allowed to control a strive for Truth and the manipulation of that fear by others should never be tolerated and, in fact, such ancient and archaic practices should be rooted out and exposed in order that a community can free itself to get active in order to acquire good solid knowledge to use for future endeavors.

3) Taking action as an individual WORKS and don't ever allow anyone to tell you different! If someone shows up that has a sensible, and most importantly logical and harmless, approach in pursuit of a truth most are aligned with then at least hear the idea out before criticism. I hope my efforts have helped in this area.

4) Victory over fear to me would be the ultimate goal in this project and is a good healthy, basic reason to continue to in getting the real ET or no ET answer. It's OK to refuse to take "no" for an answer. From ANY SOURCE. Be persistent and have a good logical, down-to-Earth argument as to why someone should provide that answer.

To address whether or not 7/20 was a success? I say from the courage I noted across the Forums, and the last minute responses even from members I had never seen during the previous five months, as well as the many,many familiar ones, that this project, for what it was, was a tremendous sucess. No ET but a LOT of Humans joining and being interested and actually getting involved and actively participating at all hours of the day and night! How amazing is that? And from Forums no less- who knew? YOU do now and I will say what I've always thought from the beginning....The day was huge!

I cannot express in words what all of you have meant to this undertaking and to me. My tin hat is off to all of you and occasionally I will be stopping in with a post now and then. In the meantime you people have the ball and, from what I've truly seen, the will, and now the mechanism, to accomplish great things in arriving at the Truth of this strange and long-lasting mystery. I'll be around for the remainder of this week to take any medicine anyone wishes to dish out and then take a respite from a constant nearly half-year project that is now over.

I respectfully and sincerely give all of you the best in any future endeavors and may your answers come to you quickly and with undeniability!

Regards, hiflier.
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:25 am

Well I set the alarm and woke the grandson,
We went out and flashed the lights at the sky. Nice stars thought. I am going to do it again tonite just to make sure.
Cause you never know.

Davefair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 9:20 am

glider wrote:
ET did not show up. This was not a big surprise to most of us.

Excellent post Glider, and again thank you for all of your help. As usual, 200 times more of a PR man than I could ever hope to be. July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 113

The question now is simply this: Do we stay here on ufomag forums, invite anyone who wishes to investigate the subject to come here and get into this, or do we find our own forum? It makes no difference to me and I believe this question should be asked of others in their forums. You have the list glider, so do I leave that up to you?

If the outcome of this event, as noted by glider above, was not a big shock to most, then the reasons why this preconceived idea was even in the mix should be analyzed. I waited for results to come in - and then shared my 2 cents worth with the "front office" LOL.

This outcome is indicative of what I have been through since 1955, it follows the rules of constructivist teaching, and the ONLY part of this that drives me up the wall is that the "teacher" aspect is NOT as available as constructivism shows it should be. It isn't that the "teacher" is not available, it's just a much more strict version - and they are strict. If you can get passed this single point - you will make it to "the other side" of the equation. The last time I wanted a "dialog" with them, and asked that someone please show up, all I got was this symbolic arrangement on the front steps of my outer building. It was right under my nose as I sat to have a cigarette early the next morning. The mathematical odds of this "just happening" are off the charts. I could see it as an interpretation if it was just a triangle, but a triangle with the off center M42 / M43 nebula area too? No.

July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Orion_bricks_compare

So, I didn't get my "meeting" - just a nudge to stay centered on the final conclusions of what I had spent years looking for - without the needed direct access to the "teacher" in the constructivist picture.

All I am saying is that the "outcome" of the 7/20 Operation Asking attempt is no different than anything else I have experienced. It will test your metal, force you to stay on track, but, if you don't WANT to be forced, no one is forcing you to stay and look. It's kind of like the military picture that asks: Do you want to be a soldier, or do you want to be a Marine?

Now, I will give the the web address to the site where I have done my best to outline the event picture in my life. ufomag server seems to have a problem with the free website t35 dot com. After looking into it I guess I can see why (free sites can generate idiot approaches and you can download spyware etc), however, Google has pages of page listings for this server and there is no problem. At any rate, ufomag server has rewritten the address I tried to send out once, and you are going to have to copy and paste what I give you here into your browser, and just make the necessary corrections (remove the spaces and change the word dot to a . )

http:// onlychild dot t35 dot com / why dot htm

Let me know if you want to stay here and continue this, or if we should get our own forum and go from there. My webpage is safe - there has been nothing added to my script other than an ad at the bottom of the page for a free site or other available stuff.

Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Hello All,
Thanks to Only Child's idea the subject of ET has been reduced to two approaches:

1) ET does not exist. In which everyone can quit and go home! And

2) If ET does exist then WHY did they not show up?.
If one is a believer in ET then the only debate left is "WHY the no-show".

Onlychild's idea did exactly what it was supposed to do. And knowing this would be the outcome was why I, even as a non-believer, saw the logical benefit of the project to the ET-believing community. I mean, if ET exists and DID show then a whole separate dynamic and set of questions would come into play which are now useless. So if you believe in ET you now have one (and only one!) question left: Why the no-show?

If anyone has done any serious research into the subject of ET this will put a spin on your information that one did not have before. This is why I consider the project a success. The result is the simplification of the enigma. Non existence vs. a reason for not showing. All other subjects and discussions no longer apply. If anyone truly gives this some honest thought then this conclusion will be obvious and the value of "onlychild's" project will be realized.

Consider this to be my last and final contribution to the "Say Hello to ET" project.

Regards, hiflier. Over....and out.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:15 am

glider wrote:
Consider this to be my last and final contribution to the "Say Hello to ET" project.

Regards, hiflier. Over....and out.

Five weeks - Ya gotta love the silence July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Chuckle

Just remember ...

July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Fatlady
Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Hello OC,

I know but then, towards the end of it, it was becoming a bit of a one sided dialogue as it was. It's really because of the outcome. The project has all but destroyed the discussion. I'm not just joking here. Yes, it has been five weeks. There is still plenty of ET/UFO talk around but to many it probably isn't much fun any more. No one has been able to give even a decent assumption as to the reason for the no show.

In truth though, I've been doing nothing to stimulate any conversation in that particular regard as I feel it's a bit premature to push too hard too soon. The project has created some mental gymnastics folks have never had before. I figure maybe sometime in Oct. pick it up again and see if some more talking in circles might stir an interest in the subject of ET's absence on 7/20.

As far as this Forum goes the subject should be an opening up of some ideas to pursue but it kind of demonstrates that, realistically, no one has a clue about ET. Nor of UFOs either for that matter! Your project has, I do believe, worked it's magic in stifling a lot of people by reducing a general willingness to put forth the usual speculations or try to turn opinions into reality. I find more and more want FACTS! And there are few

IMHO it was a job well done and well worth the effort. Given time it is possible (and ONLY possible) that a true and important exchange of healthy ideas may take place because all the frivalrous conjecture and what has passed for truth has been and continues to be exposed. Of course only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:59 pm

It just becomes rather apparent after all is said and done, that when you deal with life forms whose middle name is "thinking" and the picture I have held since the mid-1950s incorporates the same idea, the act of 'asking' for what boils down to a freebee becomes pretty lame - but, I tried. To me, if this shows anything, it's that WE have a problem - THEY are dead serious. Remember the Clovis culture - seems the picture hasn't changed.
Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 7:43 am

Hello OC,

You know how it is sometimes when something seems a bit off but one can't quite put a finger on what it is? Well, this is one of those. By that I mean your picture. I've said it before but now it seems more relavent than before. ET blew it, not us. AND if your life is as closely monitored as you think that it is then you like the generations before you for 5300 years heve been left in the dark because of them. Are "they" smart? Not smart enough to correct their mistake! They've have certainly had the time to do so.

Why would an ET race find such importance in us and this planet to show up during a potentially anhialating event and NOT for a NEARLY anhialating one? It makes no sense; especially since the resulting human mindset is so counterproductive to what would seem to be an extremely important relational understanding WRT to the reason they show up. The whole thing has been sort of gnawing at me because something just doesn't sit right.

Not to say that you are wrong at all! I'm simply having some difficulty coming up with something that logically makes any sense. I'm getting the impression in your picture of the current situation (as it is based on the past) that you are being too kind in assuming that this is the way it is because it's what "they" want. I couldn't disagree more on the point. Letting ET of the hook is to roll over and let them get away with a rather serious mistake! THEY need to correct this not you or anyone else and waiting until the next destructive event just is NOT good enough!

If they are monitoring you I do think it's time to tell them you're not playing the game and call them on their error. I've mentioned this before but even you can possess a blind eye. ET was wrong in not showing! Things sound like it was certainly bad enough for the Clovis Culture and others to warrant at least a program that would maintain the knowledge of when and why they show up without having someone spend 38 years of their life dragging it out of them.

Something is just a bit off the mark here but I do know that in any relationship, perhaps even a Cosmic one that when there are problems it always takes TWO. I've said it before and I'll say it again. ET blew it and apparently have no interest in correcting the error! At least to me it seems the most plausible and simpler senario. Are we at fault? According to you, and perhaps others, then yes we are. Is ET at fault? YES!!!! "THEY" are the reason the whole thing got skewed in the first place.

Only Child, do me a favor, read this post twice before replying.

Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Just as an opening idea here, I have gone over this more times than I care to think about, and it began back in 2004 and the car wreck I was in, where, for the want of 5 lousy seconds my life was changed forever.

After everything, I have adopted an approach based on what Einstein allegedly said: If you can't explain a theory to a child, then your theory is probably worthless. This runs hand in hand with my simplified paraphrase of Occam's razor: Simplicity before complexity.

glider wrote:
You know how it is sometimes when something seems a bit off but one can't quite put a finger on what it is? Well, this is one of those. By that I mean your picture. I've said it before but now it seems more relavent than before. ET blew it, not us. AND if your life is as closely monitored as you think that it is then you like the generations before you for 5300 years heve been left in the dark because of them.
Are "they" smart? Not smart enough to correct their mistake! They've have certainly had the time to do so.

The event 5300 years ago was caused by us ... not them. Any mental "darkness" we experienced after that screw up was because we didn't stand on our own two feet and stop it - mistake number two.

Today it is beyond out of control. Where once there existed an extremely simple picture, now there was nothing but mental chaos. If the base premise of none-interference (for whatever reason) is added to that picture, ET did not even come and correct the error. So, like a child who come to you and says "I stepped on my favorite toy and now it's broken." You would say: ""Well, if you cleaned your room and put things away so that they weren't laying all over the floor, that wouldn't have happened. How may times do you need to be told to clean up after you play and stop leaving stuff all over the floor?"

Everything in this picture shows we are supposed to use our brain, and if we don't, like any child who stands before an adult, we pay for our stupidity. I go through this every day with my grandchildren; the picture is identical. The earth and our lives on it, is identical to the mental world created by our children. But as adults, we know there is WAY more to learn, and the question is continually begged: will you learn?

What's funny here is that the exact same approach used by our kids, is being used by the adults. The undisciplined triune brain is at work here, and the simple fact that we are NOT using the component parts of that brain correctly. This boils down to a single line: We want what we want, and we want it now! That line is at least R-complex based, and instead of all three components working together as friends, they still work individually and dominate the processing.

Why would an ET race find such importance in us and this planet to show up during a potentially anhialating event and NOT for a NEARLY anhialating one? It makes no sense; especially since the resulting human mindset is so counterproductive to what would seem to be an extremely important relational understanding WRT to the reason they show up. The whole thing has been sort of gnawing at me because something just doesn't sit right.

There is one idea that fits ... gene-pool annihilation. Even when Neanderthal vanished, they were replaced by a more upgraded brain design. I would also love to have details on the Toba event and genetic bottleneck that was allegedly involved at that time.

Add to this ideas like: DON'T live by a volcano; DON'T live near the water; DON'T build big heavy structures that can fall on you during an earthquake, and we can see that the native Americans were smarter than us.

Not to say that you are wrong at all! I'm simply having some difficulty coming up with something that logically makes any sense.

Welcome to the club July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 35

I'm getting the impression in your picture of the current situation (as it is based on the past) that you are being too kind in assuming that this is the way it is because it's what "they" want. I couldn't disagree more on the point. Letting ET of the hook is to roll over and let them get away with a rather serious mistake! THEY need to correct this not you or anyone else and waiting until the next destructive event just is NOT good enough!

If they are monitoring you I do think it's time to tell them you're not playing the game and call them on their error.

Been there done that too - all I got was this - right in front of my face as I sat down to have a smoke one morning on the steps of my back building. Was this something that came together by accident? If it was just a triangle I would say yes - but the placement of the nebula in the exact off-center position it should be - says no.

July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Orion_bricks_compare

I've mentioned this before but even you can possess a blind eye. ET was wrong in not showing! Things sound like it was certainly bad enough for the Clovis Culture and others to warrant at least a program that would maintain the knowledge of when and why they show up without having someone spend 38 years of their life dragging it out of them.

I agree - but the teaching method is valid, constructivist based, and the only thing missing is closer student / teacher conferencing aspect (which simply means we have to think HARDER). It isn't missing entirely from my picture, and it did pop up when I screwed up royally back in 2006. A reevaluation of the hard data pieces turned up two chronological errors in my head, which when fixed showed the first aspects of the coming Orion picture - but I had no clue what that meant, so, it just floated around 'till I "got it."

ET wasn't "wrong" in not showing - the "not showing" was the answer to the question.

"Will you come and fly around and help us out with this picture?"

"No."

July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 17

I have been through this in my head since the event, and the only other picture is that WE are missing something. The only stabilizing aspect in this picture, is that this method is continual in my life since 1955. The study began in '73, and the over picture - is identical. So - there is nothing NEW going on here, we are just confronted with a totally different method of thinking - and that method is really no different than the method used by us when teaching our children. As we have forgotten things our children have yet to learn, they are that far above us. So if we approach this the way THEY want - what will the benefits for us be?

Something is just a bit off the mark here but I do know that in any relationship, perhaps even a Cosmic one that when there are problems it always takes TWO.

And we have the "two". The ones who originally created the error by saying - WE ARE DOOMED ... THEY DIDN'T COME! And the population under them who didn't take the bull by the horns and stop them. We are going through the EXACT same thing today - TPTB are but a few ... we are BILLIONS ... and we can't stop them? HELLOOOO?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. ET blew it and apparently have no interest in correcting the error! At least to me it seems the most plausible and simpler senario. Are we at fault? According to you, and perhaps others, then yes we are. Is ET at fault? YES!!!! "THEY" are the reason the whole thing got skewed in the first place.

The only reason I say WE are the problem, is that the "teaching" aspect in this picture is identical to everything I have experienced. There is NO "messianic complex" picture in this for me; there is concern for humanity because I am not sociopathic, I do have "feelings" hence concern, but the ONLY thing I have in this is what I have dragged behind me all of these years since I was six years old ... and that is that I was going tell people things. It has become a running joke because no one listens.
My new rant is: "Yeah, I'm gonna tell people things - but they don't listen - so why am I bothering? Do you mean to tell me that you couldn't see this coming? I have spent my entire life, in one way or another, since I was five, preparing for what - a total cluster f*ck of an operation that has not moved one iota in all of these years. I have NO life - I have been alone for 23 years, and NOTHING has been accomplished so that at least there is SOME justification to the situation I am in!"

I need a tee-shirt that says: AAARRRGGGHHH! July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 102

So, getting back to the opening statement, the "simple" theory is that we screwed this up, and we are, like any kid who screws up, responsible for our actions. The picture we see is IDENTICAL to the picture that has dominated my experiences since the 50s, and that validates the process involved. All they seem to want is for us to THINK ... which is the exact same picture we use on our children. Those adults who give in to their children's demands, all complain about the same thing - those children grow up "spoiled".

Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Sooo ... while we wait for a reply ... what is the deeper picture we are looking at? Below is an excerpt from professor David Keirsey's book: Please Understand Me II. I believe this is the picture we need to get around, because "IF" we are soon to get our collectives asses kicked (and IF is the middle word in LIFE) - we do need to wake up.

I base this idea on my own life, where more originally I was doing well with putting a picture together, however, there was still an unknown factor I was dealing with that I probably never would have seen. I was, it seems, deliberately "set up" with a "teaching" scenario "they" knew would cause an epic fail on my part, and I did not disappoint them - I failed epically. The idea is, like what is popping up from Glider who basically is saying what I had been saying during rant events: Are THEY wrong - or are WE wrong? After the failure, and over the last 5+ years, I went from thinking, to thinking about what was thinking about, to thinking about what I was thing about regarding what I originally thought about - and it goes on from there.

I was wrong - I got over it - I continued on. Now, using the picture floating around here, why did "they" have to hit me so hard with this - umm, makes a better impression? Strict is STILL in the picture, I didn't like it Sad "I" would have done it differently, I looked like a complete jackass, but I dealt with it. Were "they" wrong in their approach - maybe by our standards, but it seems this is the way they are (whoever THEY are).

The component parts we are dealing with are those that involve every aspect of thinking - and we are well equipped to handle this - but, we don't. The picture is simple ...

One day I was sitting on the picnic table smoking a butt and looking down on the ground. There were two ants fighting over a piece of food, soon joined by a third and fourth ant. This battle was unbelievable - and frankly was driving me nuts. I wanted to flick them with my finger and send them scurrying away, but what would have been the point? They cannot see beyond base instincts, and will wind up in another battle at some point in the future.
Animals are more developed, but they still don't have a brain that let's them see beyond a certain point. We are endowed with a brain that does allow us to think deeply, but our problem is - we don't. It isn't that we can't, we just don't. If we can, and we aren't, logic would dictate that our first problem is realizing that we aren't, figure out why we aren't, and then DO IT. At this point statements arise like: "But I'm not like you, I'm different - I can't do that." How do you know unless you try? IF we are in the middle of a major problem, I think it would be worthwhile to try and find out what is going on. Either that, or you can take the stance below and go about your business. Make a choice - you will ultimately reap the results.

If you do not want what I want, please try not to tell me that my want is
wrong.
Or if my beliefs are different from yours, at least pause before you set
out to correct them.
Or if my emotion seems less or more intense than yours, given the
same circumstances, try not to ask me to feel other than I do.
Or if I act, or fail to act, in the manner of your design for action,
please let me be.
I do not, for the moment at least, ask you to understand me. That will
come only when you are willing to give up trying to change me into a copy
of you.
If you will allow me any of my own wants, or emotions, or beliefs, or
actions, then you open yourself to the possibility that some day these ways
of mine might not seem so wrong, and might finally appear as right-for
me. To put up with me is the first step to understanding me.
Not that you embrace my ways as right for you, but that you are no
longer irritated or disappointed with me for my seeming waywardness.
And one day, perhaps, in trying to understand me, you might come to prize
my differences, and, far from seeking to change me, might preserve and
even cherish those differences.
I may be your spouse, your parent, your offspring, your friend, your
colleague. But whatever our relation, this I know: You and I are fundamentally
different and both of us have to march to our own drummer.

While the above is fundamentally true, these are extenuating circumstances. Time to pool our resources?

Prove me wrong, and I go away - happily I might add LOL ...

July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Einstein
Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Hello Only Child,

"WE" are waiting for a reply to what? A reply to someone who insists on remaining in the box they built? There is, nor can there be a reply, that would do much but continuously give you a platform on which to keep repeating the same things over and over. And for what? "WE" get it by now. The entire enchalada as you have laid it out. In my case anyway for ten months now. And believe me that's perfectly fine- to a point. What "we" could use is some proof of which even you say there is little. Not enough to support the entire concept anyway. There is a little to support each point maybe but not enough for the whole.

What you say could very well be true! I'm not the one to say it isn't. But it's like a lot of things out there that folks claim but also cannot prove. I can even go along with it like anything else! But what I tire of is the absolute insistance on returning to the same dialogue no matter what else gets presented. A virtual dismissal of anything not within your picture.

I certainly, and do readily, appreciate the depth of how this concept of yours came into being so don't mistake this for unrecognizing your talent or intelligence on this subject. It really is an amazing idea and the efforts at arriving to your conclusions is beyond commendable! In fact it's rather awe-inspiring and a tremendous example of retrospection coupled with a large portion of logic. But it's hardly the point I making.

It seems that no matter the dialogue your argumentative side comes out and the subject gets subsequently steered around back to your picture. I post something you counter it. And we end up on your square again. I mention the idea that this whole thing is ET's fault and we end up back on your square AGAIN. It's as if you cannot have a conversation without it returning to your constructivist experiences and the shape of things according to your research.

That's fine and there is a great deal of knowledge in that brain of yours to be sure. But I think that there is much more in there too and if not, at least humor me when some idiotic, tangential, or even non-tangential, idea comes up just to change the landscape on the Forum for a moment or two. At least for this thread anyway. Maybe this thread is done as the project is over and something new can begin in it's stead.

There was some interest out there in revisiting the idea of contact so maybe the 11/11/11 thing could be a follow-up exercise to allow our friends in the Southern Hemisphere a crack at good weather for the renewed exercise. Perhaps a poll of sorts with an opening up of ideas for a format by others would work. Plus it would be only 2 months out and now that everyone is familiar with the idea the dialogue might not be so negative! Kinda give us something to do for the Fall season.

It's important that you take this all-to-winded post as a positive thing in every respect for that is my intent here- to be as positive as I possibly can and hopefully at the same time ensure that our friendship remains sound and also on the positive side. And as a final thought: ET WAS wrong! Wink Very Happy

Peace OC, glider.

Last edited by glider on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:55 pm

glider wrote:
Hello Only Child,

"WE" are waiting for a reply to what? A reply to someone who insists on remaining in the box they built? There is, nor can there be a reply, that would do much but continuously give you a platform on which to keep repeating the same things over and over. And for what? "WE" get it by now. The entire enchalada as you have laid it out. In my case anyway for ten months now. And believe me that's perfectly fine- to a point.

It was a joke - regarding the post and the general audience answering.

What "we" could use is some proof of which even you say there is little. Not enough to support the entire concept anyway. There is a little to support each point maybe but not enough for the whole.

What is it that you personally could use?

What you say could very well be true! I'm not the one to say it isn't. But it's like a lot of things out there that folks claim but also cannot prove. I can even go along with it like anything else! But what I tire of is the absolute insistance on returning to the same dialogue no matter what else gets presented. A virtual dismissal of anything not within your picture.

Any picture has parameters ... it was not my idea to confine us to a simple picture, but "theirs". It's all we lost, and basically all we have to know. On top of this is the idea that "People always follow dead end roads, and never realize that they are indeed, dead ends. IT IS COMING! You,and everyone else, need to take all of your beliefs, put them in a pile in front of you and BACK AWAY.

I don't know what to say - except that if someone can prove me wrong, I will gladly back out of this - very quickly and with a REALLY BIG smile on my face.

I certainly, and do readily, appreciate the depth of how this concept of yours came into being so don't mistake this for unrecognizing your talent or intelligence on this subject. It really is an amazing idea and the efforts at arriving to your conclusions is beyond commendable! In fact it's rather awe-inspiring and a tremendous example of retrospection coupled with a large portion of logic. But it's hardly the point I making.

It seems that no matter the dialogue your argumentative side comes out and the subject gets subsequently steered around back to your picture. I post something you counter it. And we end up on your square again. I mention the idea that this whole thing is ET's fault and we end up back on your square AGAIN. It's as if you cannot have a conversation without it returning to your constructivist experiences and the shape of things according to your research.

Isn't that the way it's supposed to be if a picture is nothing more than one simple idea? Believe me when I tell you the "ET's fault" idea is something I went through, and your wording was pretty much my wording - and that was not very long ago. My problem is that when a certain picture is repeated over and over again, there has to be something to it whether we agree with it or not. I have juggled every kind of picture I can come up with, and it keeps going back to "this is the way they are" - or at least the way one particular group is - period.
Remember "Hey bro, your dad died" ? Who the F*** does that to people? Yeah, logic took it apart and the final piece didn't come together until I found that site where I could calculate where the sun was, but DAMN - someone needs a lesson in humor. Here again, whether wrong or not - it's the way it was ... deal with it or go home. I'm that obstinate - I'm not going down without a fight - I'll deal with it LOL.

That's fine and there is a great deal of knowledge in that brain of yours to be sure. But I think that there is much more there to and if not at least humor me when some idiotic, tangential, or even non-tangential, idea comes up just to change the landscape on the Forum for a moment or two. At least for this thread anyway. Maybe this thread is done as the project is over and something new can begin in it's stead.

I get it, I really do. My main concern is people - and that we get through whatever it is we are headed for. If it is the superwave this planet is screwed - first thing to go will be the electric ... planet wide ... and then the fun begins. Seemingly the fault lines and volcanoes are rumbling a lot, and if they are that close to something major, the gravity wave could start something not very nice. Then the cosmic dust will arrive, and we don't even want to get into that. This is why the constant snap-back to the picture - I'm worried about the people. Maybe my approach with people isn't the best, but it's all I have.

There was some interest out there in revisiting the idea of contact so maybe the 11/11/11 thing could be a follow-up exercise to allow our friends in the Southern Hemisphere a crack at good weather for the renewed exercise. Perhaps a poll of sorts with an opening up of ideas for a format by others would work. Plus it would be only 2 months out and now that everyone is familiar with the idea the dialogue might not be so negative! Kinda give us something to do for the Fall season.

It's important that you take this all-to-winded post as a positive thing in every respect for that is my intent here- to be as positive as I possibly can and hopefully at the same time ensure that our friendship remains sound and also on the positive side. And as a final thought: ET WAS wrong! Wink Very Happy

OK - did I miss something - or am I just getting old LOL? 11/11/11?

Don't worry about where discussions go glider, this is what we are (ALL) supposed to be doing.

Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Hello OC,

OK, and thanks for being cool. Yes, I hear you and I too am concerned with people and their seeming propensity for going astray on the slightest whim! It's another layer in why I stayed with the Forums through thick and thin during the project. I not only felt it was critical for the effort to end confusion as you did I KNEW it was. The UFO/ET subject has without a doubt been stalled for the most part and narrowed to something much simpler with I do think less fear.

But I have to agree that IF "something is coming" in the manner you have proposed then ALL discussion is pointless. Except the discussion that bears down hard on proving such an event. Maybe instead of inviting ET a second time the effort of the minds on this Forum should get involved in researching other evidence of annihilation (thanks, I think I've finally spelled it correctly! Smile) although how to start such a task is beyond me.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Along the line of doing research I've stumbled upon an interesting approach. Maybe you caught it on another thread here. It went something like this:

I was reading about physical evidence of UFO existence. I was looking at reports from the 1950s. I was reading about the UFO flap of 1952 and how a pilot was chasing an "glowing disc" approximately two feet across. The pilot supposedly shot off a chunk of it which, while still "glowing" fell to the ground and was recovered. During my reading I also came across a gentleman, Wilbert B. Smith, in around the same time frame who was a sort of the designated UFO "go-to" in Canada.

Evidently someone interviewed him and he spoke of fragments that his group had been analyzing which included the fragment from the "glowing disc". It was determined to be a "matrix of magnesium orthosilicate". I found this to be remarkable in and of itself because I was also looking into the story that unfolded after the Supposed UFO crash at Ubatuba in Brazil in 1975. The fragments collected were analyzed and found to be nearly pure magnesium- Magnesium 26 to be exact. I typed in a search for Magnesium 26 and found this little report from 1954:

http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PR/v95/i1/p99_1

I felt it was coincindental that this report from 1954 were the results of an analysis of Magnesium 26 only 2yrs. after the "glowing" fragment was recovered outside Washington D.C. in 1952. In the interview which took place in 1961 Wilbert stated that when he returned the fragment it was not to the USAF or the CIA but to "into the hands of a highly classified group".

This is why I say that stuff from archives if handled correctly will shed more light on the UFO phenom than what is around from say, 1960 to the present. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:09 am

glider wrote:
Hello OC,

OK, and thanks for being cool.

This is what the student level of constructivism is all about - discussion between "us". We use EVERYTHING - subjective and objective information, find the trash - and chuck it. Keep the data that works, build a model, find more trash and chuck it, keep rebuilding until you can't go any further - and then - find a way to go further. It's fun Very Happy

But I have to agree that IF "something is coming" in the manner you have proposed then ALL discussion is pointless. Except the discussion that bears down hard on proving such an event. Maybe instead of inviting ET a second time the effort of the minds on this Forum should get involved in researching other evidence of annihilation (thanks, I think I've finally spelled it correctly! Smile) although how to start such a task is beyond me.

Anyone have a suggestion?

The only way I can come into this picture is my way, based on everything that has gone on from day one. So here is my “suggestion” and we can go on from here.

I believe there is a 100% chance the superwave is going to be the culprit if I go by experiential data and incorporate Dr LaViolette’s PhD work. One of the approaches I used over the years is to come to a conclusion as best I could, and then wait to be corrected. Usually things just popped up that broadened the picture or changed it completely, but in this case that never happened. Connected to what I wrote below, this event takes roughly 24,000 +/- years to get here, which means it could be monitored for that long, and an earth impact time could be easily calculated by “them”.

Dr LaViolette's superwave entered the picture back in 1999, sent in an email by someone I didn't know, asking if I had ever heard about it. As said, in all that time not one correction came in.

Add to that what I heard on the very night of failure back in 2006 (what I was writing about in the other post above) which opening line had the oddest of beginnings: "It was never expected that you would get as far as you did; you found the end of the road." It was never expected? WHAT!? This throws yet another anomalous light on the entire “teaching method” picture. I have looked at this from every possible direction, including head trauma related psychosis from the car crash almost a year and a half earlier, and it’s STILL an anomaly.

The sentence structure is using a figure of speech I have not nailed down yet. The words END and ROAD are used in different contexts to present different ideas. They are all stand-alone known figures of speech, but are combined in a way where repetition of use is creating an overall figure of speech.

1) You found “the END of the ROAD”.
2) An END that exposes the fact, there is no ROAD.
3) People always follow DEAD END ROADS.

Now the interpretational problem begins. The “end of the road” is a know figure of speech which means - a literal END. If we take it as literal according to known usage, the second line isolates the idea of that END, and connects it to something called a “ROAD”, which in this case is another figurative usage connected to an idea of a way out of said END (some “road”).

It’s at this point the line IT IS COMING is injected, which would reflect back to said END OF THE ROAD, and put meaning on a ROAD OUT regarding said END which is “COMING”. Now we add the problem in this picture, and another figure of speech … People always follow DEAD END ROADS, and never realize that they are indeed, DEAD ENDS. The DEAD END ROAD would connect to the idea of a ROAD OUT, an escape from the original END that is COMING, but it would be THE WRONG ROAD, hence it is referred to as a DEAD END.

Sooo … something is coming, there is a way out – no one sees it. BUT, there is a further problem in this picture. The information we need was removed from history 5300 years ago. I didn’t see it either – BECAUSE IT WASN’T THERE. According to my notes, and the added chronological corrections I recently made, the idea of Orion and the nebula began around this time too, but it would be a few years before final conclusions were reached. YEARS? WHO THINKS LIKE THIS? ME?

I would say that there has to be enough “time” to do this the way it was done. We are not privy to details, seemingly because we are so bad at it. We have a habit of overdoing it, not analyzing the data correctly, jumping to conclusions and winding up on a dead-end “road”.

This is why I say that stuff from archives if handled correctly will shed more light on the UFO phenom than what is around from say, 1960 to the present. Just my 2 cents.

I see now what you were saying about how I jump back to my approach. It wasn’t an intentional dismissal, it was just me asking myself what this had to do with finding the WHY they are here in the picture, because I know they are here (as weird as their approach is).
Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Hello Only Child,

When I'm presented with a problem to solve I do the exact same thing. I have to write it down or talk it out. Otherwise it just cycles in my head ad infinitum. And as boring as it may seem to some, everytime someone interjects something WRT the issue at hand I very carfully if possible dissect their input for clues to fill in the blanks. This often requires going over everything from the beginning.

On the astronomy Forum I have a signature that states "Everything Matters". It's because I truly believe that that is a true statement and not ambiguous at all. In problem or mystery evaluations that phrase says it all. It is the only way to not miss something although, almost in spite, things still get missed. I do not envy your "road" but appreciate your candidness and ability to share it.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:59 pm

glider wrote:
Hello Only Child,

When I'm presented with a problem to solve I do the exact same thing. I have to write it down or talk it out. Otherwise it just cycles in my head ad infinitum. And as boring as it may seem to some, everytime someone interjects something WRT the issue at hand I very carfully if possible dissect their input for clues to fill in the blanks. This often requires going over everything from the beginning.

On the astronomy Forum I have a signature that states "Everything Matters". It's because I truly believe that that is a true statement and not ambiguous at all. In problem or mystery evaluations that phrase says it all. It is the only way to not miss something although, almost in spite, things still get missed. I do not envy your "road" but appreciate your candidness and ability to share it.

Bingo - nail on the head July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 113

And herein too lies the problem. I loved what I did for as many years as I did it ... the only down side was when I tried to convey these thoughts to others. I want to say "I don't get it!" ... but I do. Brain development is only part of the picture - utilization and data piling has to be in the picture. It's like having a car with a 427 and a tankful of regular gas - you can do it, but why would you want to?
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Actually,
My two good friends, ponder this, those in side the box do not know they are in the box. The appearance of E.T. is not on our schedule but on thiers. Consider the phoenix sighting, the former governor comes out and says,"I saw it too, but I made fun of it!"
The airforce covers up by sending planes to drop flares and hour later and says, oh thats what you saw.
We look to the furhtur and see some thing comming, all of the signs are there and yet, you and I know no fear. The event will be life changing or perhaps life ending. Yet E.T. shows up in strange places and times. Over major air ports all around the world.
What better place to Embark for those who would go. Then there are those of us who will stay.
My thought is not an ending but a new begining. perhaps, I will live to see it. I know in my heart that I have lived a life time waiting to see it. O.C. my thanks for guiding me to it.

davefair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:58 am

LOL ... love the avatar lol!

I have this thought in the back of my head that it's going to be a "beam out" - one second here, next second there. Who knows ... not me.
July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 106
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.   July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report. - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

July, 20 2011 hello to ET progress report.
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11