HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» COM Denise Alvarado The Voodoo Doll Spellbook: A Compendium of Ancient and Contemporary Spells and Rituals
Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:43 pm by Ufofiend

» COM Ted Peters UFOs: God’s Chariots: Spirituality, Ancient Aliens, & Religious Yearnings in the Age of Extraterrestrials
Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:11 am by Ufofiend

» COM Brent Raynes – UFO Paranormal Shamanism Plethora
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:16 am by Ufofiend

» COM Matthew L. Swayne Haunted Rock & Roll: Ghostly Tales of Musical Legends
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:15 am by Ufofiend

» COM Allan L. Botkin Induced After Death Communication: A Miraculous Therapy for Grief and Loss
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:15 am by Ufofiend

» Greetings Fellow Travelers!
Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:32 pm by Mark D

» Real People With Real Super Powers
Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:33 am by Ufomania

» The Unexplained Odon Fire Poltergeist
Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:15 am by Ufomania

» Pamplona’s Running Of The Bulls Festival Is Usually A Lot Of Fun. Except When This Happens. OUCH…
Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:29 am by Ufomania

Top posters
onlychild
 
Ufofiend
 
davefair
 
glider
 
Lesley
 
free wheel
 
Jeremy Vaeni
 
mantle1958
 
jackgbowman
 
LakehurstNJwitness
 
October 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum
Share | 
 

 ufos and religon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
alex45
New Member


Number of posts: 4
Registration date: 2009-04-02

PostSubject: ufos and religon   Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:41 am

i have been thinking about this for a long time. if allians are real that means there is no god. but more i thoght about it the more it became open to me mybe god him self is an alian. think about it he creatid the erth. achent celvlizeations talk about pepole coming from the hevens. what do you think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LakehurstNJwitness
CE 2


Number of posts: 219
Registration date: 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:54 pm

alex45 wrote:
i have been thinking about this for a long time. if allians are real that means there is no god. but more i thoght about it the more it became open to me mybe god him self is an alian. think about it he creatid the erth. achent celvlizeations talk about pepole coming from the hevens. what do you think.


Alex, if you get a chance you may want to read some of the threads in the section named "leftovers" down at the bottom of the home-page, some of the threads deal with your question.

NJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trevorl314
New Member


Number of posts: 19
Age: 41
Location: Abingdon, VA
Registration date: 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:57 am

I personally believe that all religions are man-made. If there is a god, no religion on this earth can do justice in describing him/her. As for christianity, of which i was once a subscriber, there is much evidence to support that this character Jesus never existed, thus nullifying this religion. If you don't believe me, read the 'Christ Conspiracy' or watch the 'God that Never Was.' This character was built from previous deities (ex. Osiris).

The discovery of ET life could go one of two ways in my opinion; 1) people will question their beliefs and start a mission of self-discovery 2) these ETs may have FOUND god and want to share him/her with us
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/trevorlangcarter
LakehurstNJwitness
CE 2


Number of posts: 219
Registration date: 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:42 am

trevorl314 wrote:
I personally believe that all religions are man-made. If there is a god, no religion on this earth can do justice in describing him/her. As for christianity, of which i was once a subscriber, there is much evidence to support that this character Jesus never existed, thus nullifying this religion. If you don't believe me, read the 'Christ Conspiracy' or watch the 'God that Never Was.' This character was built from previous deities (ex. Osiris).

The discovery of ET life could go one of two ways in my opinion; 1) people will question their beliefs and start a mission of self-discovery 2) these ETs may have FOUND god and want to share him/her with us


The main problem with that theory is that the ET's have shown no love or righteousness in their dealings with mankind, only perverse sexual hybrid breeding programs and use of deception. In all the years they've been dealing with us, they have not made anything better , the world is spiraling out of control towards all the things the bible warned us would happen before Jesus return. So far the bible has been very accurate regarding world events , while the ET's have shown us nothing in the way of solving any world problems.

As for your first point "people will question their beliefs and start a mission of self discovery" .. well I believe thats already taking place. You just said that you have left christianity ... where as I and other believers have only reinforced our beliefs as these things reveal themselves. So it will all come down to who you believe ... the ET'S , or the Bible and its message of Jesus and its warning of deception in the end times.

I respect you for your decision, and hopefully you respect believers for theirs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trevorl314
New Member


Number of posts: 19
Age: 41
Location: Abingdon, VA
Registration date: 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:53 am

LakehurstNJwitness wrote:
trevorl314 wrote:
I personally believe that all religions are man-made. If there is a god, no religion on this earth can do justice in describing him/her. As for christianity, of which i was once a subscriber, there is much evidence to support that this character Jesus never existed, thus nullifying this religion. If you don't believe me, read the 'Christ Conspiracy' or watch the 'God that Never Was.' This character was built from previous deities (ex. Osiris).

The discovery of ET life could go one of two ways in my opinion; 1) people will question their beliefs and start a mission of self-discovery 2) these ETs may have FOUND god and want to share him/her with us


The main problem with that theory is that the ET's have shown no love or righteousness in their dealings with mankind, only perverse sexual hybrid breeding programs and use of deception. In all the years they've been dealing with us, they have not made anything better , the world is spiraling out of control towards all the things the bible warned us would happen before Jesus return. So far the bible has been very accurate regarding world events , while the ET's have shown us nothing in the way of solving any world problems.

As for your first point "people will question their beliefs and start a mission of self discovery" .. well I believe thats already taking place. You just said that you have left christianity ... where as I and other believers have only reinforced our beliefs as these things reveal themselves. So it will all come down to who you believe ... the ET'S , or the Bible and its message of Jesus and its warning of deception in the end times.

I respect you for your decision, and hopefully you respect believers for theirs.

I have encountered your beliefs before and I'm sorry you have not educated yourself enough to realize that the bible is flawed. If the creator authored that book then he is obviously the author of confusion as evident in the many divisions you christians have created amongst yourselves with the denominations. Furthermore, the world has been ending since it started. There have been creatures on this planet for millions, maybe billions of years and they come and go, just as I suspect man will.

You speak of abductions as a reality, when in fact, there is no conclusive evidence that any ET is taking anyone. People are experiencing things yes, but not ONE abductee has any verifiable proof of aliens taking them.

I imagine that if ET is here and they hear the religious people's arguments they will be turned off from even communicating with us.

Peace to you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/trevorlangcarter
trevorl314
New Member


Number of posts: 19
Age: 41
Location: Abingdon, VA
Registration date: 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:57 am

I should state, I am not working for the devil, nor am I confused or lost. I am not a "fool" as your bible suggests either. I don't know if there is a god, but I deduce from experience and from my own self-education into religion and science that if there is a god, he wouldn't mind me asking a few questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/trevorlangcarter
Lesley
Admin


Number of posts: 343
Location: Land of Enchantment
Registration date: 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:19 pm

Quote :
The main problem with that theory is that the ET's have shown no love or righteousness in their dealings with mankind, only perverse sexual hybrid breeding programs and use of deception. In all the years they've been dealing with us, they have not made anything better , the world is spiraling out of control towards all the things the bible warned us would happen before Jesus return. So far the bible has been very accurate regarding world events , while the ET's have shown us nothing in the way of solving any world problems.

I have to disagree with that. While that is mostly true in reference to the Greys, there are many people who claim to have had enlightening experiences with alien beings.

Aside from that, why exactly should any ET race solve or help solve mankind's problems? Isn't that part of growing and evolving, solving your own problems?

_________________
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
http://www.ufomystic.com
http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com
http://www.binnallofamerica.com
http://forteanswest.com/wordpress-mu/newmexicolowfi/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: religion and aliens   Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm

There does seem to be those who claim that proof of aliens would be proof that God does not exist. This does seem to be contrary to the message most major religions are stating today. The Catholic Church has issued statements stating that aliens may be real, and that they do not contradict with their teachings.

There are also others (like me) who think the human race has lost its spiritual side and embraced the materialism that is all around us. We have lost our connection to nature and the living beings that are all around us.

Since we do not really know much about the aliens (other than eyewitness accounts that have yet to be proven), we do not know what spiritual beliefs they hold. Many claim to know, but have yet to produce an alien to verify them.
Back to top Go down
LakehurstNJwitness
CE 2


Number of posts: 219
Registration date: 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:09 pm

TREVOR replied ..... I have encountered your beliefs before and I'm sorry you have not educated yourself enough to realize that the bible is flawed.


well now you're being disrespectful , i can just as easily post personal barbs and taunts at you , but it isn't the mature way to discuss things is it?

I said that I respect you for your beliefs , and asked if you can respect me for my beliefs.

No reason we all can't talk nice to each other here , instead of the personal shots , just try and stick to the topic being discussed ... if you believe the bible is flawed thats cool, i'm not trying to force anything on you, but at least tell us what part is flawed so we know what you're talking about... i'm interested in the relationship between ufology and the bible , i'm not here to convert you or anyone else , so don't take it the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LakehurstNJwitness
CE 2


Number of posts: 219
Registration date: 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:16 pm

trevor posts .... You speak of abductions as a reality, when in fact, there is no conclusive evidence that any ET is taking anyone. People are experiencing things yes, but not ONE abductee has any verifiable proof of aliens taking them.



We're just talking , thats all. Nobody here is saying they have the proof of anything, we'rer just sharing ideas and opinions on the whole subject. Many people do believe there are abductions taking place , I'm just offering my opinion on what it might mean from a christian perspective .... no reason to get yourself all upset , I don't think anyone is here to debate religion, thats not my intent, I'm just giving my opinion on what et's and abductions could mean from a christian perspective. I'm not looking to fight you over religion, chill out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LakehurstNJwitness
CE 2


Number of posts: 219
Registration date: 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:19 pm

trevorl314 wrote:
I should state, I am not working for the devil, nor am I confused or lost. I am not a "fool" as your bible suggests either. I don't know if there is a god, but I deduce from experience and from my own self-education into religion and science that if there is a god, he wouldn't mind me asking a few questions.

Asking questions and sharing opinions is why we're all here discussing this , just try not to get so offended because I'm a believer in the Bible , it shouldn't cause you to react angry towards me , I'm not trying to convert you, I'm trying to discuss ufo's .... lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LakehurstNJwitness
CE 2


Number of posts: 219
Registration date: 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:41 pm

Lesley wrote:
Quote :
The main problem with that theory is that the ET's have shown no love or righteousness in their dealings with mankind, only perverse sexual hybrid breeding programs and use of deception. In all the years they've been dealing with us, they have not made anything better , the world is spiraling out of control towards all the things the bible warned us would happen before Jesus return. So far the bible has been very accurate regarding world events , while the ET's have shown us nothing in the way of solving any world problems.

I have to disagree with that. While that is mostly true in reference to the Greys, there are many people who claim to have had enlightening experiences with alien beings.

Aside from that, why exactly should any ET race solve or help solve mankind's problems? Isn't that part of growing and evolving, solving your own problems?


Hi Lesley,

Yes , I did make a mistake when I referred to "any and all" ET's as having bad intents, I don't know that for a fact because I haven't met with all of the ET's out there .. lol

As you pointed out, I was referring mostly to what I've heard about the grays.

the nice ET's could be "good angels" like those mentioned in the bible appearing at different times.

A new poster had put a long message up about how the grays were behind a deception scheme where they are using "other different looking ET's" to carry their deception out, maybe that was on my mind when I posted my thoughts. But I shouldn't have made a blanket statement about all et's .. so I take that back.

As far as why the ET's would be involved with us ... well I guess most of the stories I've heard and read about have sounded harsh and cold (mostly grays accounts), the other stories of "nice aliens" always seems to steer the message away from God from what I've read about ... and it raises suspicions about their intent. Maybe I haven't read enough of them to make a fair judgement , but from what I know of right now I just don't get a good vibe . I can appreciate your thought though , if they are truly innocent beings with no ill motives or agenda , why would they change anything ... its a good point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LakehurstNJwitness
CE 2


Number of posts: 219
Registration date: 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:55 pm

kidflash2008 wrote:
There does seem to be those who claim that proof of aliens would be proof that God does not exist. This does seem to be contrary to the message most major religions are stating today. The Catholic Church has issued statements stating that aliens may be real, and that they do not contradict with their teachings.

There are also others (like me) who think the human race has lost its spiritual side and embraced the materialism that is all around us. We have lost our connection to nature and the living beings that are all around us.

Since we do not really know much about the aliens (other than eyewitness accounts that have yet to be proven), we do not know what spiritual beliefs they hold. Many claim to know, but have yet to produce an alien to verify them.


Good points! As a catholic myself, I feel its a good thing to be involved in these discussions, not because i'm trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking or my beliefs, but because its good to hear all sides of the subject, from all perspectives. the new age movement with people channeling spirits shouldn't have the only say on the subject, the et/ufo topic could end up being a major part of the whole biblical account of mankind and how the story plays out at the end ... I think its totally valid to consider this piece of the puzzle in any ufo discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trevorl314
New Member


Number of posts: 19
Age: 41
Location: Abingdon, VA
Registration date: 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:57 am

LakehurstNJwitness wrote:
kidflash2008 wrote:
There does seem to be those who claim that proof of aliens would be proof that God does not exist. This does seem to be contrary to the message most major religions are stating today. The Catholic Church has issued statements stating that aliens may be real, and that they do not contradict with their teachings.

There are also others (like me) who think the human race has lost its spiritual side and embraced the materialism that is all around us. We have lost our connection to nature and the living beings that are all around us.

Since we do not really know much about the aliens (other than eyewitness accounts that have yet to be proven), we do not know what spiritual beliefs they hold. Many claim to know, but have yet to produce an alien to verify them.


Good points! As a catholic myself, I feel its a good thing to be involved in these discussions, not because i'm trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking or my beliefs, but because its good to hear all sides of the subject, from all perspectives. the new age movement with people channeling spirits shouldn't have the only say on the subject, the et/ufo topic could end up being a major part of the whole biblical account of mankind and how the story plays out at the end ... I think its totally valid to consider this piece of the puzzle in any ufo discussion.

You're right, no need to get ugly and really that was not my intention. I grew up in a christian home and after educating myself on religion in general I felt like many years were stolen from me because of it. So I'm a little bitter in that regard. I hope you find the truth in your journey. It is a journey we all take alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/trevorlangcarter
Lesley
Admin


Number of posts: 343
Location: Land of Enchantment
Registration date: 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: ufos and religon   Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:12 am

Quote :
Hi Lesley,

Yes , I did make a mistake when I referred to "any and all" ET's as having bad intents, I don't know that for a fact because I haven't met with all of the ET's out there .. lol

As you pointed out, I was referring mostly to what I've heard about the grays.

the nice ET's could be "good angels" like those mentioned in the bible appearing at different times.

A new poster had put a long message up about how the grays were behind a deception scheme where they are using "other different looking ET's" to carry their deception out, maybe that was on my mind when I posted my thoughts. But I shouldn't have made a blanket statement about all et's .. so I take that back.

As far as why the ET's would be involved with us ... well I guess most of the stories I've heard and read about have sounded harsh and cold (mostly grays accounts), the other stories of "nice aliens" always seems to steer the message away from God from what I've read about ... and it raises suspicions about their intent. Maybe I haven't read enough of them to make a fair judgement , but from what I know of right now I just don't get a good vibe . I can appreciate your thought though , if they are truly innocent beings with no ill motives or agenda , why would they change anything ... its a good point.

OK, so now I just find myself having to ask -- why does it have to be angels or demons? Where is the bible does it say that God only created those beings? Myself, and assuming there is a God, I see that being as a creator. A creator is always creating so I see it as an expanding universe that may create other beings. Also, I see nothing out of the ordinary about these beings. If we could go to other less evolved worlds, I have no doubt we would do many of the same things to them, as reported of the Greys doing to us. So in a sense I think we would do the same things you accuse demons of doings. It isn't like we have never experimented -- we do so every day with animals and have done such to human beings as well.

I hope you don't take that the wrong way. I am not trying to go after you for your religion.

_________________
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
http://www.ufomystic.com
http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com
http://www.binnallofamerica.com
http://forteanswest.com/wordpress-mu/newmexicolowfi/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
 

ufos and religon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum ::  :: -