The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    UFO Magazine Blog
    UFO Magazine Blog
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
    Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
    Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
    Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
    Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
    Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
    Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
    Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
    Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
    Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
    onlychild
    Been thinking in the what if again Vote_lcapBeen thinking in the what if again I_voting_barBeen thinking in the what if again Vote_rcap 
    Ufofiend
    Been thinking in the what if again Vote_lcapBeen thinking in the what if again I_voting_barBeen thinking in the what if again Vote_rcap 
    davefair
    glider
    Lesley
    free wheel
    Jeremy Vaeni
    mantle1958
    jackgbowman
    LakehurstNJwitness
    April 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar
    Social bookmarking
    Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
    Forum

Been thinking in the what if again

Go down 
    +3
    onlychild
    Mike Good
    alittletouched
    7 posters
    AuthorMessage
    alittletouched
    Seeker

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2009-06-11

Been thinking in the what if again Empty
    PostSubject: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:34 pm

This may sound crazy but I allow myself to tie myself down to this is the only way to belive or think and allow myself to just think what if. This one may sound like sci-fi but what if in the area of the astro-belt there is a planet that is on a different demision that no longer needs the physical and all those astros are the left over physical that could not or would not move into the high field. Idea

With the little knowledge I have we have felt that aliens come from a long distants but other have stated that it might be closers that what we can understand. What if its more like what it is to animals and are selfs they see and understand things different than we do and there is a planet in orbit that keeps the astroids in place and has things(aliens, energies) living on it but its on a different leveal than what we can see or get readings from. study

I know it sounds crazy but they said that nothing could live in the very bottom of our oceans till they got there and found things living without light. The some people told us that nothing could live in froozen world and there finding things that live on earth in the very cold parts, so why couldn't things live without a physical form just pure energy? Question
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:51 pm

They had energy based life forms on Star Trek all the time. I do think that is possible, and orbs may be a form of life.

The bottom of the ocean is still vastly unexplored. There is no way to know what we will find in the future. Volcanic activity keeps the bottom of the ocean warm in many areas, and bacteria can be found there.

There may be ways to travel faster than the speed of light. We have only begun to scratch the surface on traveling through space. Wormholes and other methods may be used to get from one planet to another. It is also possible that some visitors are from another time or dimension.

There is nothing wrong with wondering about this wondrous planet. We all have an infinite capacity for learning.
    Back to top Go down
    alittletouched
    Seeker

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:59 pm

We have on earth that phantom pain when someone loses their arm or leg, they at times feel pain in that area where there is no physical object. I know that there has been study of trees and the energy field that surround a leave when its be cut and it show the whole leaves energy even when the piece it missing.

There is also reports of people with missing arms or legs being able to due things with that missing arm or leg that there is no human way to explain it happing, like a man with a missing arm holding onto a falling child?

I know that there is things out there I've seen many different kinds of energy beings, and I do have a problem with a field that until you prove them wrong are always right, they set the rules. I find that to be funny as I learn more and allow my gifts to grow that any rules that we humans set as stone will be shown to be wrong down the line.
    Back to top Go down
    Mike Good
    CE 1
    Mike Good

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:43 am

alittletouched wrote:
    I find that to be funny as I learn more and allow my gifts to grow that any rules that we humans set as stone will be shown to be wrong down the line.

True dat!

Perhaps not EVERY thing we "know" is wrong, but our present pool of "knowledge" seems to have more of its assumptions called into question every day. The pursuit of knowledge is not an absolutist fantasy about the acquisition of "ultimate" truths, but rather a chaotic snipe hunt uncovering our temporary assumptions about an ever moving target.

Remember, the world is flat and rocks do not fall from the sky. Everybody "knew" that, in delusional days gone by.....
    Back to top Go down
    onlychild
    Keyholder for Area 51
    onlychild

Number of posts : 1020
    Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Mike Good wrote:
    Perhaps not EVERY thing we "know" is wrong, but our present pool of "knowledge" seems to have more of its assumptions called into question every day. The pursuit of knowledge is not an absolutist fantasy about the acquisition of "ultimate" truths, but rather a chaotic snipe hunt uncovering our temporary assumptions about an ever moving target.

Remember, the world is flat and rocks do not fall from the sky. Everybody "knew" that, in delusional days gone by.....

Research is nothing more than finding out what a thing is, by determining what it is not; process of (data) elimination. Which is why I can't understand people who are down on scientists. Scientist do not claim to know a thing until they have the facts. In order to get the facts, we stumble through "wrong" until we get it "right". Anyone not following the bouncing ball of THAT picture, will be lost in the labyrinth of data forever. Basketball
    Back to top Go down
    Mike Good
    CE 1
    Mike Good

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:18 am

onlychild wrote:
    Mike Good wrote:

Research is nothing more than finding out what a thing is, by determining what it is not; process of (data) elimination. Which is why I can't understand people who are down on scientists. Scientist do not claim to know a thing until they have the facts. In order to get the facts, we stumble through "wrong" until we get it "right". Anyone not following the bouncing ball of THAT picture, will be lost in the labyrinth of data forever. Basketball

Thanks OC!

But listen, if you don't think that science has a huge pile of unvetted superstitious beliefs, then you have not been paying attention.

Many tend to think of science as being a measure of the limits of our universe. It is not. It is a measure of the limits of human knowledge and assumption. Nothing more. If that were not true, science would be static and the universe would be all figured out.

Science is a useful tool. It is less useful as a belief system. Thoughtful scientists recognize this. Sadly, they are in the minority. rabbit
    Back to top Go down
    onlychild
    Keyholder for Area 51
    onlychild

Number of posts : 1020
    Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Mike Good wrote:

But listen, if you don't think that science has a huge pile of unvetted superstitious beliefs, then you have not been paying attention.

Many tend to think of science as being a measure of the limits of our universe. It is not. It is a measure of the limits of human knowledge and assumption. Nothing more. If that were not true, science would be static and the universe would be all figured out.

Science is a useful tool. It is less useful as a belief system. Thoughtful scientists recognize this. Sadly, they are in the minority. rabbit

Well, I can't be responsible for what "many" think; I see scientists as exactly what they are - people. They have an interest and they pursue their interest and it's nothing more than a picture build. Do I believe the "final" picture they come up with? There is no final picture. It's constantly a quest; constantly a correction in an endeavor to FIND that final picture. The fun is in the chase, and I know what that's like - it's fun LOL. It's like people who get on Darwin's case; damn, Darwin was a pioneer having fun. Those who came latter had fun tweaking his views, but the bottom line is that learning and trying to figure out whatever, is just fun.
    Back to top Go down
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

Number of posts : 455
    Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:07 am

onlychild wrote:
    Mike Good wrote:

Hmmm! doesn't research mean to search again? Shouldn't it be called search?
    research would also imply that which is already know?
    Rocks do in deed fall from the sky, as does most matter.
    Eggs are an excellent example.
    French fries on the other hand when thrown skyward at the beach have a tendancy of never reaching the ground.
    Gulls you know are quite agial you know. Some times they don't even wait for your to throw.
    Back to top Go down
    metoo

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Scientist   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:52 pm

The problem I have with science and scientists is that it is assumed scientist are not fallable. Being human, scientists are just as likely to "fudge" up as the rest of us. There are so many past incidents of fakes, skewed results etc that to believe every claim just because it is made in the name of "science" would be foolhardy indeed!!

Example: Last year I took a Philosophy class at the local college just for fun. It was described as mostly discussion and sounded interesting. Now anybody who has any idea what Philosphy claims to be knows it is supposedly a "rational" "scientific" way of explaining things. The professor prided himself on being "rational" and taking into account only "proveable" items. However, on the second day of class, he flat out lied to the class about a scientific study and the results to prove a point. Since I've been aware of this study and researched it, I KNOW the results were not as he claimed. However, I'm pretty sure most of the class didn't know he was lying and probably believed he would not knowingly lie because he claimed to be one who only dealt in facts.

Most of those people and probably other classes he has taught will now go forward with what he said as "truth" and what follows from it as being actuality. Anyone who thinks just because someone claims to be a scientist or claims to be smarter than the average person or claims to be "rational" (therefore in his own mind at least - closer to the truth) that he is not capable of making mistakes, incorrect assumptions or lying is sadly mistaken.

I say "Question EVERYTHING and EVERYONE"!

metoo

PS I got a "C" in the class in spite of getting A's on the 2 tests given on which the grade was supposedly based. Guess the guy wasn't happy with my challenging his authority and knowledge on more than one occassion! So he was, in my book, not only a liar but vindictive as well and I'm suppose to just buy into HIS beliefs??
    Back to top Go down
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:58 am

sunny
    Actually metoo I have a nasty tendency to believe what I am told. Until I find the lie, from that point onward every thing to me by that individual both in the past onward is open to suspision. There is a saying that I am rather fond of. I have a brother in law from texas.
    The saying is this, "in texas they never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Para phrased by "all hat and no beef." bom

In the service when one is drinking at the enlisted mens club you always kept a chalange coin in one pocket and a penny in the other.
    The penny was for the story. The chalange coin was a been there done that. In my group it was a been there done that got the t-shirt.
    I once worked for the quartermaster general of the united states army. His name was Paul Vanderploog, I caught him telling untruths.
    I honestly believe that son of a bitch made his career out of lying. My only regret was that I didn't meet him in nam, cause I for sure would have rolled one in on him.
    Here in my home county we have a county commisoner, who is under investagation by a federal grand jury. He some how negletced to
    include a 500,000 home in his finacail disclourser form. He was running for a state senate seat. Would you believe he won the race.

I remain absolutley amazed by my fellow citizens

Davefair
    Back to top Go down
    glider
    CE 4

Number of posts : 420
    Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Hello All,

Nothing protects a property, even one as big as the United States, like a good watchdog!
    Back to top Go down
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:27 am

Glider,
    I am a firm believer in the junk yard dog theroy. The bigger the teeth the better.
    Bieng a Jeffersoinian constitutionalist I am reminded of my favorite quote from him." A little revolution is a healthy thing for goverment."
    To quote former governor Ventura,"Don't start the revolution with out me." I honestly don't think either of them were wrong and here's why.
    I had an ole avation bosuns mate that survived Pearl. He said all we needed to do to straighten out this country was what he called "the day we hang all of the lawyers. Since 90 percent of all politicians are lawyers we could take care of the goverment at the same time. He also pointed out you could watch the positive reaction of the doctors at the same time.
    I actually had a doctor quit his pratice to go to law school, he said there was more money in it.
    I am third generation navy, my son was born on december 7. He is fourth generation, Agies cruiser 60. I assume my Grand son with be the fifth generation. I love my country and the constitution. I will not stand by and watch the ship go down. I will pick up a bucket and help with the bailing. You, sir can stick your pinky in the hole to stop the water.

Dang nab it. I done went an got the soapbox out again. Sorry didn't mean too. Like a Star @ heaven

In my family patriotism is considered a virtue.

davefair
    Back to top Go down
    Bill Thomas/Saberjet
    Seeker

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: What If Thinking!!   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 3:10 pm

This is my kind of subject. Hi Dave, your still in great form and good company, Go Navy!! Anyways,
    I had a really serious heart attack in 2008. They put me in a chemically induced coma. Each morning they'd bring me around to check my vitals. Each time I'd put up a fight as I wanted out. My wife keep trying to tell them that they needed to tell me I'd had a heart attack. Sounds dumb I know, but given to me I'd just blacked out and collapsed at work, and had no idea what was going on. They did this and things smoothed out. I arrested seven times in ICU, and once in transport to the hosp. The first concern was how long was I oxygen deprived? What I noticed after returning home, and not right off the bat, alittle bit over time was that people who I thouht were dead were'nt. One that I remember clearly was the main actor on McHale's Navy, Ernest Borgnine. I would have sworn that he passed in 2005, not 2011. I have since heard of others who I thought had past away too. So I often wonder if under certin circustances do we sometimes die in one deminsion and awake in another thats just a tiny bit different, and we don't notice it.
    P.S. Hi Dave you might be a brother, long lost as ever...Stay safe and dry, God bless.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been thinking in the what if again   Been thinking in the what if again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been thinking in the what if again
    Page 1 of 1