The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Dualistic Thinking Vote_lcapDualistic Thinking I_voting_barDualistic Thinking Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Dualistic Thinking Vote_lcapDualistic Thinking I_voting_barDualistic Thinking Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Dualistic Thinking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Dualistic Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Dualistic Thinking   Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Dualistic Thinking

It is our thought process, that process by which we think, that can go about to limit our understanding of the world around us. Regardless of the information that might present itself to us, our thought process determines whether or not we even entertain the information with which we are presented.

Our thought process (by way of our prior baseline decisions) acts as a filter, or ‘Gatekeeper’ that determines which information enters and which information does not enter.

Our philosophical framework or worldview, based upon prior determinations, decides what we will or are able to entertain. Information is entertained, integrated and implemented or put into action, based in large part upon our long-held worldview.

Oftentimes we think we are reasoning things out logically, when in reality what we are really doing is trying to fit things within our existing worldview or belief system.

For the most part, we have been continually programmed for dualistic thinking by our society, teachers, parents, and of all those in authority over us, as well as our religious beliefs. Dualistic thinking gives us only two choices - good or bad, right or wrong, friends or foes. This is simply a black and white dualistic mentality that does not allow for the finer shades, the rainbow of colors which exist throughout the universe.

I think it's important to note here, that we have all come by this honestly, that is to say, we have all been pigeonholed into this way of dualistic thinking from our very birth. It is a birthright which no longer serves a legitimate purpose.

Coming to everything one encounters without any preconceived notions whatsoever, would seem to be ideal. Good or bad, right or wrong, friend or foe - why is it that we need to continually pigeonhole everything we encounter into such narrow parameters?

Better yet, why would we want to think along the lines of such narrow lines or parameters? It’s rather like asking us to see in only one of two colors - black or white, when one can take in all of the colors of the rainbow.

Coming to anything which we have chosen to entertain or which lies before us, without prejudice or or preconceived notions of any kind would seem to be the best option.

The first step then, is to realize that there is indeed a ‘process’ at work here in all of us, and that the way in which we think is not a random, unknown or unidentifiable process.

Our thought process is simply that – 'our thought process’ – uniquely and individually our own.

So, where then does this leave us?

Our salvation in all of this comes by way of ‘The Knowing’ – we need only become aware of the process at work within all of us, so that we may take it into account as we approach those things that have yet to be integrated into our belief system, philosophical framework, or worldview.

Cheers,
Jocariah

Back to top Go down
free wheel
CE 3
free wheel

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Dualistic Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualistic Thinking   Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:02 pm

Very well said Jocariah .

FW .
Back to top Go down
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Dualistic Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualistic Thinking   Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:46 am

free wheel wrote:
Very well said Jocariah .

FW .

That's a first for me!

Smile
Back to top Go down
paigetheoracle
Seeker

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Dualistic Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualistic Thinking   Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:30 am

Jocariah wrote:
Dualistic Thinking

It is our thought process, that process by which we think, that can go about to limit our understanding of the world around us. Regardless of the information that might present itself to us, our thought process determines whether or not we even entertain the information with which we are presented.

Our thought process (by way of our prior baseline decisions) acts as a filter, or ‘Gatekeeper’ that determines which information enters and which information does not enter.

Our philosophical framework or worldview, based upon prior determinations, decides what we will or are able to entertain. Information is entertained, integrated and implemented or put into action, based in large part upon our long-held worldview.

Oftentimes we think we are reasoning things out logically, when in reality what we are really doing is trying to fit things within our existing worldview or belief system.

For the most part, we have been continually programmed for dualistic thinking by our society, teachers, parents, and of all those in authority over us, as well as our religious beliefs. Dualistic thinking gives us only two choices - good or bad, right or wrong, friends or foes. This is simply a black and white dualistic mentality that does not allow for the finer shades, the rainbow of colors which exist throughout the universe.

I think it's important to note here, that we have all come by this honestly, that is to say, we have all been pigeonholed into this way of dualistic thinking from our very birth. It is a birthright which no longer serves a legitimate purpose.

Coming to everything one encounters without any preconceived notions whatsoever, would seem to be ideal. Good or bad, right or wrong, friend or foe - why is it that we need to continually pigeonhole everything we encounter into such narrow parameters?

Better yet, why would we want to think along the lines of such narrow lines or parameters? It’s rather like asking us to see in only one of two colors - black or white, when one can take in all of the colors of the rainbow.

Coming to anything which we have chosen to entertain or which lies before us, without prejudice or or preconceived notions of any kind would seem to be the best option.

The first step then, is to realize that there is indeed a ‘process’ at work here in all of us, and that the way in which we think is not a random, unknown or unidentifiable process.

Our thought process is simply that – 'our thought process’ – uniquely and individually our own.

So, where then does this leave us?

Our salvation in all of this comes by way of ‘The Knowing’ – we need only become aware of the process at work within all of us, so that we may take it into account as we approach those things that have yet to be integrated into our belief system, philosophical framework, or worldview.

Cheers,
Jocariah

We take things apart to understand them (dualism) and put them back together to make them work (singularity/ unity).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dualistic Thinking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dualistic Thinking   Dualistic Thinking Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dualistic Thinking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: Aliens & UFOs :: Contactees-
Jump to: