The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Vote_lcapThe Passing Of Walter Cronkite I_voting_barThe Passing Of Walter Cronkite Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Vote_lcapThe Passing Of Walter Cronkite I_voting_barThe Passing Of Walter Cronkite Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

The Passing Of Walter Cronkite

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Empty
PostSubject: The Passing Of Walter Cronkite   The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:07 pm

It is with sadness that I've learned of the passing of Walter Cronkite just now. I enjoyed his space coverage, his news reports including the Valentich report, his earlier broadcast concerning UFO specifically he did for CBS and his coverage of daily news across the generations and his was a life well lived. He was 92 years young.

To quote Mr. Cronkite, "And that's the way it is, July 17 2009."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Passing Of Walter Cronkite   The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:27 pm

He was called the most trusted man in the United States. He was a true icon and his reporting of the JFK assassination and the Moon landing are always shown when they are discussed.

Rest in peace, Mr Cronkite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Passing Of Walter Cronkite   The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Yes, trusted. It won't be long before "some" start to weave WC into their own histories to add "fiber" to their "thin" portfolios.

1966 CBS Reports, UFO: Friend, Foe or Fantasy. Classic Cronkite.

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Passing Of Walter Cronkite   The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:32 pm

There already is a story that claims Mr Cronkite witnessed a UFO destroy a missile. Now Mr Cronkite was not a man to keep quiet on things like this and would have talked about it in his twilight years. He never minced words in his career, so why would he not talk about it later?

http://www.examiner.com/x-2383-Honolulu-Exopolitics-Examiner~y2009m7d18-Walter-Cronkite-saw-UFO-destroy-a-US-missile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Passing Of Walter Cronkite   The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:13 pm

Very Happy "Exopolitics" - thx for the link kidflash2008. Less politics, more exo please. No, I won't even dare invest the energy to click it... 'not hard to imagine there won't be anything much but a vested-interest with an unsubstantiated claim from a secondary or tertiary "source" and zum-squat-diddley for verifiable aspects as seems to be the "new-normal" this Century. I could be mistaken but when one hears "wolf" cried so many times...

'Hardly dead-cold and not-yet-buried... "and that's the way it is".

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Passing Of Walter Cronkite   The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:35 pm

Walter Cronkite was laid to rest this afternoon. When The Saints Come Marching In was played. It was very dignified. Many will miss him for many reasons...

I saw a clip on one of the news sites today that I found quite moving. Mr. Cronkite expressed a disppointment that he never got to travel in space. He seemed very emotional.

The Cronkite School of Journalism will miss their namesake, too.

With him an era has truly passed. Beyond our horizon he now sails.

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Passing Of Walter Cronkite   The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:45 pm

It is interesting that now the most trusted man in the news is Jon Stewart. A satire news host has beaten out every one else.

It is good in a way and sad in many others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Passing Of Walter Cronkite   The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Hmmm. Delicate. I don't dis-enjoy JS 30 seconds or so at a time. Very Happy Depends on what one calls "news" I suppose. Very Happy Mr. Leibowitz has some fine writers, some are even US citizens. Very Happy Some are not. Trade surplus eh. Wink. Two quotes from Mr. Stewart to follow... I wonder who wrote those? Very Happy Satire - yes. Wink. Defining the sharp-edge of extra-blurry triple-speak. Pseudo-neurolepsis by overtly introducing subliminal induction using a surrogate rantor. Stockholmish. Calming. Very Happy Flags and anthems help.

"I've been to Canada, and I've always gotten the impression that I could take the country over in about two days.', Jon Stewart Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"We have it. The smoking gun. The evidence. The potential weapon of mass destruction we have been looking for as our pretext of invading Iraq. There's just one problem - it's in North Korea.", Jon Stewart

He'd be first on my list of "hires" if I was looking to manage any issue... in/for/by/buy/about "America" in front of "Americans" for whatever patron in a truthy and news-ish world become "not-so-much". Very Happy First? Maybe... no - I'd likely choose to "build" a bunch custom instead. Like Rupert - salt the salt-mine. Both the Stewart and Colbert vehicles are becoming dated delivery templates. Very Happy Players of influence with "history" on all sides is an asset. It's a "good-thing" for some. Very Happy Deep-benches in deep trenches. Next "act"!

Yeah.......... "news". I stopped watching about the turn of the century. I hunt my own as do many others. Very Happy A different flavor from every faucet? 57 channels.

"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black.", H. Ford.

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Passing Of Walter Cronkite   The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:49 pm

I haven't watched the network news in quite a while. I enjoy both Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert. Like you, I fish around for my news.

A good progressive source is the Rachel Maddow show. She will take on the Obama Administration just as she did the Bush Administration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Passing Of Walter Cronkite   The Passing Of Walter Cronkite Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Passing Of Walter Cronkite
Page 1 of 1