The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Vote_lcapDo you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? I_voting_barDo you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Vote_lcapDo you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? I_voting_barDo you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ghostfreak78

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-19

Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Empty
PostSubject: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:00 pm

My friend is convinced that he has been able to conjure ghosts using his iphone app that he has. It is a virtual seance pretty much. I dunno what to think? Is there any science to these things?
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:27 am

ghostfreak78 wrote:
My friend is convinced that he has been able to conjure ghosts using his iphone app that he has. It is a virtual seance pretty much. I dunno what to think? Is there any science to these things?
Well, no pics / data, no conclusions.

Regarding "ghosts" ... my bottom line is that in my life there were two people who, if ANYONE was going to "come back", would have popped up at least to say hi. It NEVER happened. In fact in my entire life I have never once encountered anything that would classify as a ghost.
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:46 pm

Hey! When you get to the other side let me know?

dave( bom )fair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 am

davefair wrote:
Hey! When you get to the other side let me know?

dave( bom )fair
One would think that by this time in our history, if there was something to know - we would know it and not STILL be guessing.
Every creature on earth breaks down and "dies" (stops functioning) because we are nothing more than a bio-mechanical robot. There may be something to this we have lost, but it isn't looking good.
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:37 pm

O.C.,
That the fabric of our world seems to be comming apart.......... Well yea! I have to agree, ABC even said there was a chance of violent acts possible at the blue bloods wedding. I don't think we have lost anything.......... I believe that it has simply been suppresed...
Like a pain blocker......... only for our self awarness..... I beleve that the truth comes out in our dreams.... the ones we can't quite remeber.....
My wife is Irish by descent....... Her dreams are indeed faie and I have learned to pay close hied to them...
I would suggest that if you intend on staying arround for the event that you purchase a good cross bow with couple of dozen bolts.
Ammo my be hard to find......
Here is a thought for you. If this is only a training ground after our graduation what would we become. The premise of the stargate sires is that the ancient race moved on to the next hihger plane. Could it be as simple as that for us. Some how for me this rings a bell. How about you?

Dave( cherry )fair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:57 am

davefair wrote:
Could it be as simple as that for us. Some how for me this rings a bell. How about you?

Not really ...

There are tons of variations on that theme out there. If we need to ascribe to some belief regarding death, I say no one knows ANYTHING about this subject, and so, I will stay at the logical conclusion "for me," which is: All of this descriptive crap is just that - crap - created by the brain. Now all you have to do is prove me wrong Basketball
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:24 pm

O.C.,
Well now a good chalange is hard to resist. I honestly believe that death is a personal matter. As you and I are individuals we each must come to terms with that which is before us. If YOU believe that death is the end..... well then it may just be that for you.
If on the other hand My belief happens to be true........... Well you can buy the first round. I find it hard to believe that there is no here after. When I examined a blade of grass under the microscope I noticed a definate patterning. It is hard to believe that the blade of grass just happened. I find it more difficult to believe that any thing as complex as a human brain is a matter of random evolution.
It becomes even more difficult when I see strange lights in the sky. The theroy of the abandoned seed colony fits the bill nicely. Or a trainning ground for the next giant leap. Supressed memorys...... dreams that are not quite remebered. Solutions that come to you in your sleep.
You see my arguments are not forcefull, but they should be thought provoking. If the event turns into a reaping of humanity, who would want to be left.

davefair
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:44 pm

davefair wrote:
O.C.,
Well now a good chalange is hard to resist. I honestly believe that death is a personal matter. As you and I are individuals we each must come to terms with that which is before us. If YOU believe that death is the end..... well then it may just be that for you.

All quests for understanding begin at the beginning; from there the picture is built upon. If there is information to add, you add it and keep looking for more. I just haven't seen any - at all.

If on the other hand My belief happens to be true........... Well you can buy the first round.

Maybe they have "Fred's" beer LOL ... a friend used to brew his own dark beer ... 14% and smooth as it can get Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? 38

I find it hard to believe that there is no here after.

I don't have an iota of proof ... it doesn't mean there isn't a science waiting from ET, and those who are worth saving wind up going on to who knows what ... but I can't prove it.

When I examined a blade of grass under the microscope I noticed a definate patterning. It is hard to believe that the blade of grass just happened. I find it more difficult to believe that any thing as complex as a human brain is a matter of random evolution.
It becomes even more difficult when I see strange lights in the sky. The theroy of the abandoned seed colony fits the bill nicely. Or a trainning ground for the next giant leap. Supressed memorys...... dreams that are not quite remebered. Solutions that come to you in your sleep.
You see my arguments are not forcefull, but they should be thought provoking. If the event turns into a reaping of humanity, who would want to be left.

Whatever it is, it is. I go through it every night since the car wreck: I no longer dream. I go to sleep, wake up the next day - NOTHING in the middle.

My only complaint in the picture is that you don't give understanding (larger brain capacity) to living creatures and have them run head on into a concept like death. It isn't right. So if there has been an interference in our development, we need to talk to the developers.

Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:36 am

O.C.,
I once had an acquantice that said,"If I ever meet GOD I will stuff his teddy bear down his throat!" This from a very bright Green berret, a man I much admired. I don't think he was happy with GOD at that moment. We were in our beers at that time. Just back from a nasty visit with our little brown brothers. We had been having a similar discussion. My son by the way brews his own beer too. The old saying that there are no athiest in a foxhole is true. When some one is shooting at you, you tend to pray alot.
The existance of God is a matter of faith. I do not believe in organized religon per sa and in fact duck the majority of them as often as I can. I guess I am a reformed agnostic. bieng pragmatic about the world I still can't believe that the world is just a matter of chance.
One of the questions that I have (and apparently so do many others) is that the gods or god is in reality an alien. In watching bill's show and the others I can't help but wonder. It would explain so much. I could not prove the existance of GOD simply because I have no proof. That I feel some thing or some one is responcible for our existance is a matter of conjuncture. I was amazed when some one mentioned intelligent design as I had already come to that conclusion all on my own. Yet the bible clearly states that GOD did it. Another one of my slap self on fore head moments with a giant DUH thrown in.
I have purchased a rather large Bowie knife, the blade is 13 inches of stainless steel, the knife is known as the out law.
I have cased it and hung it on the wall. The glass in the frame has a brass plack with the following message. In case of goverment failure break glass.

dave( jocolor )fair

Last edited by davefair on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:48 am

Anything connected to the "god" concept has to be questioned from a historical perspective. The first mistake made is the term "god" itself, which was NOT the word used 5000+ years ago when this all began. Egyptian references were to a personality WITHIN the sun, and said sun was the "boat" this personality used to traverse the sky. Sounds like ET and the proverbial Ball of Light scenario we use today.
The second mistake is attributing this sensationalistic idea to the neo-cortex, as if we are actually "thinking" this through. We are not. Sensational ideas are a product of the mid-brain, they are emotionally charged, and we "feel" they are right. This is the picture in the UFO subject as well, as the approaches of the common people are emotionally charged "feelings" that need to checked for SOME basis in fact.
Back to top Go down
Vortexasylum
CE 1
Vortexasylum

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Dog is my co-pilot. Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? CamoSeatBelt
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 11:23 pm

onlychild wrote:
Anything connected to the "god" concept has to be questioned from a historical perspective. The first mistake made is the term "god" itself, which was NOT the word used 5000+ years ago when this all began. Well actually when odd ugh poked his head out of the cave and lookd up he propably said his famous quote "HUH!" then when he got beaned with the rock he probably added "OH GOD! That hurt!" That's my assumption of how the word was coined in the first place. The native people (indains) had an intresting concept. They thought that the earth was under an over turned bowl. Egyptian references were to a personality WITHIN the sun, and said sun was the "boat" this personality used to traverse the sky. Sounds like ET and the proverbial Ball of Light scenario we use today. the indains also believed that the white man was a God. They paid a rather large price for that error. The indains also had no concept of land owner ship. Ergo the sale of Manhattan blankets and trinkets. I had heard that they were offered the land back some time ago. They gave the blankets and trinkets back but refused to take the land. some thing to do with ruination of it.
The second mistake is attributing this sensationalistic idea to the neo-cortex, as if we are actually "thinking" this through. We are not. Sensational ideas are a product of the mid-brain, they are emotionally charged, and we "feel" they are right. This is the picture in the UFO subject as well, as the approaches of the common people are emotionally charged "feelings" that need to checked for SOME basis in fact.
Now you and I both know that the feelings of the common man are so easly swayed one way or another by the last person they talked to. to be perfectly honest the masses frighten me. They are so much like leminies bound for the cliff. Talk about short sighted.
If I call the local talk radio station and tell them in an excited voice all about the flying saucer I am looking at, with in an hour there will be several hundred calls saying they saw it to.

davefair
Back to top Go down
xray

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:50 am

ghostfreak78 wrote:

I suspect, that 'ghosts' are stuff of consciousness, and so, if your friend is actually 'attracting' ghosts to one's self, the action is likely not result of the microcontroller software running in the phone, but as a function of your friend's focused intent...mind, eg, phone user's consciousness..that is the likely link.

xray
ET Investigator
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?   Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you believe that an iphone app can conjure up ghosts?
Page 1 of 1