The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Religion in the World Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Religion in the World Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Religion in the World Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Religion in the World Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Religion in the World Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Religion in the World Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Religion in the World Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Religion in the World Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Religion in the World Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Religion in the World Vote_lcapReligion in the World I_voting_barReligion in the World Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Religion in the World Vote_lcapReligion in the World I_voting_barReligion in the World Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Religion in the World

Go down 
+3
free wheel
whitecrayon
Jocariah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Religion in the World Empty
PostSubject: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:54 am

Religion in the World

Religion’s function in the greater world is a simple one really. Simply stated, religion’s job is to provide a base, basis or simple framework from which to see the world. This basis is neither right nor wrong – neither good nor bad, but rather, it simply is.

Religion provides a simple framework from which individuals may either conform, or choose not to conform.

Those choosing not conform are not heretics and conformists are not sheep.

The higher self can utilize an individuals believe system, whatever that might be, to guide and instruct.

There is no central truth to be found here – but rather, simply operating systems of various types that may or may not follow ethnic, cultural or territorial boundaries.

The search for a central truth is in fact the individual’s quest alone. The belief system utilized is a matter for the individual alone, as once again, there is NO central truth to be found - merely the individual's quest.

Cheers
Jocariah

Back to top Go down
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Religion is a wall.

A wall of security to some - a wall that needs to be climbed over, to others.

Either way, the wall is necessary.

Cheers
Jocariah

Back to top Go down
whitecrayon

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: please retain this on your web forum. tau ceti.   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:24 pm

sun/03/07/10/1956edt [dahlonega, ga 30533 - home of ms barbara dayle brown]

dear united nations and canadian officials, and any others who may read this in the future

i am instructed to relate to you at this time that my mother's home has become a target for attacks tonight and presumably, if necessary, for longer, by the united states military, the local police here in lumpkin county, georgia, and other american forces. the water supply to her home is to be poisoned tonight; police captures of me are to be attempted tonight; and, if both of those efforts fail to effect my death, missiles from a nearby military base are to be launched towards my mother's home, in either a barrage or a cascade.

i am instructed that i will be arriving in washinton, dc within this week, and that i will be making my way to those foreign embassies there to which i am directed by the holy spirit, in an effort to secure safe passage, asylum and refugee status in some nation that will accept me. please note that i am unsure which embassies i will be petitioning in washington, and that events surrounding my life and plans are subject to change, depending on a great many things, including the freewill decisions of american and other officials and personnel, including any of you.

my mother will likely die soon from the poisoning of her water supply, and i am unable to convince her that such poisoning is being conducted right now. i and the holy spirit request that any international legal or human rights watchdog authorities which might be able to verify this claim do so, in order to ensure that the united states government is implicated in warcrimes and human rights crimes against my mother.

finally, i offer here another bit of verifiable and perhaps important intelligence. the united states central intelligence agency has successfully deleted all records of my college work at emory university in atlanta, georgia and the university of georgia in athens, including removing all traces of my academic transcripts. however, verification of my attendance at and graduation from those two institutions can be made by contacting any of my old professors from those schools, including dr james ingram of uga's ecology department, dr john murphy of uga's speech communication department, and dr arri eisen of emory's biology department, all of whom retain their positions at those schools today.

i will disseminate a pasted copy of this message within the public domain, after disseminating it to your political bodies.

jonathan keith sheriff, ba (us ssn 049-64-2967, dob 08-31-1969)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mother Goddess   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:58 pm

There is a big difference between religion (organized) and spirituality. Too much dogma is attached to most religious systems without giving thought to the original ideas.

A Gnostic Christian would be looked at as being evil and perhaps even a Satanist by Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant Christians today because of their beliefs of enlightenment through knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:53 pm

LloydB wrote:
There is a big difference between religion (organized) and spirituality. Too much dogma is attached to most religious systems without giving thought to the original ideas.

A Gnostic Christian would be looked at as being evil and perhaps even a Satanist by Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant Christians today because of their beliefs of enlightenment through knowledge.

There again, everyone has that religion which best serves them, their needs and their connection to their higher self - spirituality vs. religion is simply more hair-splitting rhetoric, or circular logic.

However, the manifestation one's spirituality is between them and their higher self, or your god, as it were - no one else need judge, because they are not on that path.

Each path is unique, individual and particular to the individual.

So that saying this religion or that religion is wrong (or right for that matter) is saying that you alone know what is right or wrong for all - how absurd, and small-minded as well.

What is right or wrong for one individual, may not be right or wrong for another – in that we all follow our own inner path, a path laid out for each of us individually.

Follow your own path – leave others to follow their own, as well.

Enough said.

Cheers
Jocariah

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:43 pm

What I am trying to convey is religion has rules and dogmas to adhere too. Spirituality is more personal.

I am a Pagan and do not have a set of rules to follow that I must do or I will not get to a goal.
Back to top Go down
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:23 pm

LloydB wrote:
What I am trying to convey is religion has rules and dogmas to adhere too. Spirituality is more personal.

I am a Pagan and do not have a set of rules to follow that I must do or I will not get to a goal.

If you are a Pagan, then Paganism is your religion.

Of course it's personal - it's yours.

Cheers,
Jocariah

Back to top Go down
free wheel
CE 3
free wheel

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:38 pm

Maybe religion is just a stupid word !

FW .
Back to top Go down
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:47 am

free wheel wrote:
Maybe religion is just a stupid word !

FW .

Words, in and of themselves, can be neither stupid nor bright. We humans add various nuances to language.

Language may seem universal, but dialects exist within all language, and more importantly, I would argue, the individual personalization of the language exists to a far greater extent than we may aclnowledge.

We all carry with us the personalization of our given language. That is to say, words, or more specifically, key words that carry a more profound or personal meaning to each one of us
We may all speak English here, but countless variations exist based on region, culture, education and personalization.

So much so, that even though we may all speak English, we can often times encounter difficulties in language when attempting to express the more difficult precepts that we are trying to convey.

Having said all that, from my perspective, religion serves a purpose - a baseline fundamental purpose, which allows people to either disregard or embrace religion in its various forms. Without religion, people would have nothing (in this area at least) to disregard or embrace.

Rebels would have nothing to fight against, and conformists would have nothing to conform to.

Add to that, it is a basic human genetic program that causes most of us to seek out a higher order, or god figurehead in our life (or as some might call it, spirituality).

Now, hopefully, you can see how the two fit together, tongue-in-groove, as it were. On one hand you have our genetic tendencies, as humans, to seek out a god figurehead of some sort. And on the other, you have religion in all of its various guises and façades. A perfect fit, one might argue.

Cheers,
Jocariah

Back to top Go down
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:23 am

Walls and intellectual barriers may be necessary, but so is an unfettered and otherwise unrestricted discussion with regard to hight, placement and permanence of these walls and barriers. That's what is lacking and providing for every bit of suffering that humanity has endured over the centuries in the name of religion. Gimmee that old time paganism if _I_ have to choose, eh?

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:52 pm

What are your thoughts on humans creating and developing a universal entity to be able to provide answers to unexplainable things?
Back to top Go down
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Gort wrote:
What are your thoughts on humans creating and developing a universal entity to be able to provide answers to unexplainable things?

Universal entities created and developed expressly to do the creator/developer's bidding, I'm thinking.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com
Back to top Go down
free wheel
CE 3
free wheel

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Quote :
Gimmee that old time paganism if _I_ have to choose, eh?

Paganism does tend to resonate more consistantly with me , although i would never call myself a Pagan .

That's the great thing perhaps . You don't have to choose !

FW .
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Jocariah wrote:
If you are a Pagan, then Paganism is your religion..

Labels! Rolling Eyes

I do not like the word religion as it denotes dogma. Yes, the definition of religion can fit the word Pagan, but I prefer not to use it.
Back to top Go down
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:02 pm

LloydB wrote:
Jocariah wrote:
If you are a Pagan, then Paganism is your religion..

Labels! Rolling Eyes

I do not like the word religion as it denotes dogma. Yes, the definition of religion can fit the word Pagan, but I prefer not to use it.

We are in agreement then, henceforth, the term religion shall not be used in conjunction with or to denote Paganism. Furthermore, it is hereby decreed that Paganism be exempt from all religious connotations of any sort, whether such connotations are made overtly or by inference.

There, I’m glad that’s settled.

Now we can move on.

Cheers,
Jocariah

Back to top Go down
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:04 pm

More Thoughts on Religion

Logically speaking, all religions can’t be right – so, logically speaking, that means that all religions are wrong…no?

It is only human dualistic thinking that provides an either or scenario – dualistic thinking (-either or-) is not so much based in reality, as it is convenience, and, what has been handed down from each generation to the next. Either something is right, or it’s wrong – no middle ground here, no shades of grey.

"Let's keep it simple - either its right or wrong".

But perhaps in reality there’s a third option available to us here – what if all religions had within them an underlying chord or seed? And the true difference, between various religions, was merely the interpreter’s choice of which framework (i.e., what religion) was best suited to them, based on convenience, culture, family history and so forth.

No big surprise here – chances are, more often than not, you have assumed the religion of your parents, or family.
Who goes out and performs tedious amounts of due diligence trying to figure out which religion is best for them – it doesn’t happen, for most people.

Most people take the easy way out...no?

Extremists - yes all religions have them
Radicals - yes, all religions have them, as well.
Zealots - yes, those too.

UNIX, Linux, Windows or Apple (et al) – operating systems that for the most part all do pretty much the same. Perhaps one covers a specific area better than the other, but you can pretty much do the same thing with each.

What if religions were such – each set up to serve a basic need within humans, and each serving up their version of a universal underlying truism?

Problem is, we as humans tend to view our own religion and nothing else (dualistic thining) – so that having an overview of them, is for the most part, all but impossible.

So when I see people arguing about their own religion being THE true religion, I see someone programmed, not of their own choosing or accord, but simply aping what they’ve been told to think.

But, if NOT religion then what?

Well, who says that we, as humans, NEED to have a specific religion with which to view our world?

Don't swallow what has been handed to you simply because 'that's the way it is'...good greif!

Start by asking WHY?

Why, why, why?

Cheers
Jocariah

Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:02 pm

Jocariah wrote:
More Thoughts on Religion

But, if NOT religion then what?

Who else is in the sky? Basketball

"Heaven" is outer space. Anything said to come from "the heavens" is coming from - outer space. I'll look, you whistle.

"Religion" was the morph effect over time of the rewriting of history by the Egyptians and Sumerians.

There is no "god" ... that idea came from the rewrite, when the SUN (the biggest "ball of light" in the sky) was venerated out of fear of death. What death? The death they believed was coming when the snap global climate change hit 5000+ years ago. God oriented religion is wrong, but it is so ingrained in the minds of people it is next to impossible to get it out.

For us the picture to overcome is: The Hebrews were wrong; the Christians were wrong; the Muslims were wrong. Do you think these people are going to believe what they have been taught is wrong and they really should be focusing on ET? I don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Neutron
Seeker
Neutron

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: RE: Religion in the world   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:39 pm

ONLYCHILD wrote:
For us the picture to overcome is: The Hebrews were wrong; the Christians were wrong; the Muslims were wrong. Do you think these people are going to believe what they have been taught is wrong and they really should be focusing on ET? I don't see it happening.

Your right, we won't.

Religion in the World Angel-6
Back to top Go down
http://carllebron.blogspot.com/
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:51 pm

Neutron wrote:
ONLYCHILD wrote:

Your right, we won't.

Religion in the World Angel-6
I rest my case - you are on your own Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion in the World   Religion in the World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Religion in the World
Page 1 of 1