The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Vote_lcapWhat is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? I_voting_barWhat is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Vote_lcapWhat is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? I_voting_barWhat is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Luna Dragon
Luna Dragon

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-22

What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Empty
PostSubject: What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on?   What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:59 pm

They say its based on actual events, if thats so its based on a UFOlogy case file. Does anybody know what case its based on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on?   What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:36 pm

The movie "The Fourth Kind" is total fiction. It is not based on any known case. They are using that as a marketing scheme to sell the movie.

The movie does use composite scenes from some abductees' experiences, but is not based on any one case.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on?   What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 6:48 pm

It is suppose to be based on the Nome, Alaska abductions. I imagine it will turn out to only be very loosely based on that case. However, I did read somewhere that they use some of the actual regression sessions in the movie, but that could be BS.
Back to top Go down
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
Luna Dragon
Luna Dragon

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: bummer   What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:54 pm

I was hoping I could look some of it up.

Wait, Nome Alaska abductions? Got something I can read on those?

Dunno, but with the sophistication of computers these days they could easily fake the footage.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on?   What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 9:57 pm

I am pretty sure you can just google Nome abductions and should be able to find something. It is a fairly well known case.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on?   What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:08 pm

After searching, I take that back. It seems what I remember as a string of abductions in Nome actually turned out to be blamed on alcohol. What happened was that a bunch of different people just disappeared and there was a theory that they had been abducted. I don't know if they were all ever found though.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on?   What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 2:59 am

I just saw this movie earlier today with my UFO group, many of which are alien abduction experiencers. I thought the movie was pretty good and much to my surprise so did they. Many thought it was a true story.

Some say it is only fear-mongering, but to the abductees it was just the truth about the fear they have felt. A few parts were over the top, but mostly it seemed to convey the fear and confusion they have felt.
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: OWLS   What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:58 pm

Having read Intruders by bud Hopkins, I wanted to go see this movie.

Hear is my take on it. For whatever it is worth.
I felt that out of respect for the actual patients and the doctor who witnessed this, that a place was selected to say that these events took place. The names were changed to protect the innocent.

I will admit that someone took theatrical license and went a little over the top in parts.

But the odd thing is the owl. If you check, owls and abductions you will find it is a common factor found in regression hypnosis. And then we find it was mentioned in the series Twin Peaks. So now I can see where I think they used what they had and mixed it with the hype and we got what we got.

I can not explain how people all over the world can have the same events happen to them and it is only through hypnosis that these events are released.

I would have paid money to go see actual regression footage and it could have been left at that. I didn't love the movie and I didn't hate it either. I just think it could have been done better.

There is a University in Canada that specializes in Hypnotic Regression and they have uncovered some very unbelievable findings concerning past lives of people under hypnosis. I wonder what they might come up with if they focused on abduction. Who knows maybe this is where the actual Dr. and her events came from.

P.S I am afraid of being alone in the dark and always will be.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on?   What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 am

Not being an abductee (that I know of) I can't comment on how real it was, except to say the abductees in my group found it very real seeming. I don't know why Budd Hopkins considers it "fear mongering" when there is a lot of fear involved with abduction.
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1
Gort

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on?   What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:27 am

Budd came across in his book as someone who connected with his abductees. I got the impression that he cares about them.

I would think that if he said that, it would be meant in a way to state that this movie was used to cause fear in large amounts of people and not display the fear that the abductees live with every day. If that makes any sense.

Of course I can only speculate on this because I don't have Budd Hopkins here to ask him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on?   What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the new movie Alien Abduction based on?
Page 1 of 1