The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Vote_lcapStranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards I_voting_barStranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Vote_lcapStranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards I_voting_barStranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards   Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 4:09 pm

This is a review of all of Frank Edwards' work.

When I was a young adolescent, my mother would take the train to work. At the station, there was an area that offered paperback books by the library and other commuters. The idea was to borrow a book and also one could donate a book. My mother would get the old Frank Edwards books and I would read them after her.

I recently got a few copies of the original books by Frank Edwards. They are flawed by many standards, but they introduced many of us at a young age to paranormal and UFOs. Many of the stories are second hand at best, and there are no citations at the end of the book. But that didn't matter, as one was taken into the style.

Some read like mini horror stories (finding a purplish blob reminded me of the movie "The Blob"), and others were simply terrifying like the Flatwoods Monster. At times, I would read the book at night (which was a big mistake at times) and find myself cringing to every little noise I heard wondering if it was an alien.

The books themselves are quick reads for the most part, and have little to back them up. However, they receive the highest marks for the memories they bring and for getting me involved in these phenomena. For that, I am forever thankful to Mr Edwards.
Back to top Go down

Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards   Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:22 pm

On rereading the first chapter of this book, I realized it is a variation of an urban legend. The story of a person who goes to run an errand and disappears in front of his family. Other versions make him a young man or an early teenager. They always give a name and a location as to where the event happened. Kevin Randle actually investigated the most famous version and found it never happened.

When reading this book, take the above to heart and just enjoy the book.
Back to top Go down

Stranger Than Strange by Frank Edwards
Page 1 of 1