The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Vote_lcapThe Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell I_voting_barThe Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Vote_lcapThe Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell I_voting_barThe Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Empty
PostSubject: The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell   The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:35 pm

The title says it all as to what the book is about. Mr Farrell uses physics and math to show that the pyramids could of been used as a weapon of mass destruction.

The problem isn't the subject of the book, it is how the author gets there. Much of the book is quotes from other noted authors of these fringe subjects. He even remembers to add the exclamation points author David Hatcher Childress so annoyingly uses. Graham Hancock and Zecharia Sitchin get heavy usage in the book also. He does use a little bit of Erich Von Daniken, but not as much as the above three.

When he does get down to business on how it could have been done, make sure to get out the math books (no one told me there would be math!). For those who it has been a while when they sat in a physics lecture, the stuff he writes about can be very dry. He does try to write about who built the weapons, but he does not really know much when it comes to that area. Mr Farrell is more a technical man, and this book shows it. I recommend it for techno-geeks, but for others who want to know the theories as to who built the pyramids and why, other authors have done a much better job.

BTW, he seems to sidestep the ancient alien issue when discussing these rather far out theories. He seems to go along with Graham Hancock and his theories, which leave a lot of questions open. If we did have flying machines and rockets, why is there so little evidence of it?

Mr Farrell also writes about the Philadelphia Experiment and HAARP in the book to highlight his theories. The main problem with that is when he writes about all the versions of the Philadelphia Experiment Urban Legend in his book. If he wants us to believe that one, he should stick to one version. The story of the USS Elderidge will never die, even though many of the original sailors at the time have stated they were never in Philadelphia at the time. While the story is not essential to the book, it puts the credentials of the author up in the air. Much of his evidence is not cited, except by a few fringe authors. Also, the notes and cites are throughout the book, not at the end. That is a small problem when someone wants to use a book as a reference and find a topic or part of the book.

Overall, the style of the book isn't too bad and I did enjoy it for the most part. I just did not learn anything really new on the subject of the pyramids.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell   The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:58 pm

I have enjoyed Farrell's Nazi/ufo books, but never read Giza Death Star. He does normally do a lot of quoting from other sources and sometimes I think he spends far too much time getting to the point. For example, in Reich of the Black Sun, he spends far too much time trying to convince me that the Nazis already had the bomb. I can believe that and didn't need to read about it for as long as it went on. As for aliens, to my understanding, he does not believe in them or at least that they are visiting earth. I do have his latest book which is about ufos, nazis and alchemy. Strangely, I wrote about the same thing a few years ago, but it was never published. I am sure he goes into far more depth than my article did though and I look forward to getting around to reading it.
Back to top Go down
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell   The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:14 am

If one is a fan of Mr Farrell's books, this one may be enjoyable. I eventually will get around to reading his books on what the Nazis are alleged to have had. My problem with the Nazis having all the abilities that some of these researchers allege is why they did not utilize them.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell   The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:36 am

kidflash2008 wrote:
If one is a fan of Mr Farrell's books, this one may be enjoyable. I eventually will get around to reading his books on what the Nazis are alleged to have had. My problem with the Nazis having all the abilities that some of these researchers allege is why they did not utilize them.

As I remember, according to Farrell they didn't use the bomb because they couldn't come up with enough uranium and they didn't have a delivery system worked out. The UFO technology was something they had some success with but didn't have perfected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell   The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:16 pm

The problem is we hear so many different stories on what the Nazis had or didn't have it is hard to sort it out. I am of the feeling that many of the scientists actually made stuff up to keep the higher ups happy. They could of jotted anything down that looked like a formula, and would fool most people not trained in those particular sciences. They could have stored the money for use when the end of the war would happen, which is what some may have figured out as early as 1942.

Still, the speculation itself can be more fun than the actual truth which is why I am interested in this subject.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

PostSubject: Re: The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell   The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:37 am

kidflash2008 wrote:
The problem is we hear so many different stories on what the Nazis had or didn't have it is hard to sort it out. I am of the feeling that many of the scientists actually made stuff up to keep the higher ups happy. They could of jotted anything down that looked like a formula, and would fool most people not trained in those particular sciences. They could have stored the money for use when the end of the war would happen, which is what some may have figured out as early as 1942.

Still, the speculation itself can be more fun than the actual truth which is why I am interested in this subject.

I take none of it as absolute truth. As you, I enjoy speculation. It is one of the reasons I have a problem with the so-called serious people. I just think they take things way too seriously and should learn to enjoy the ride a bit. There is no life or death in this (at least that we are aware of), so they should lighten up and find the fun in it. My opinion anyhow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell   The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:32 pm

Lesley, I put Christopher Dunn's book "The Giza Power Plant" on my wish list. He is the one who brought up the theory of the Pyramids being some kind of power plant. Mr Dunn has experience in tool and die making and has made some great observations and finds on the building of the pyramids. I will review his book when I receive it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell   The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Giza Death Star by Joseph P Farrell
Page 1 of 1