The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Vote_lcapI Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine I_voting_barI Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Vote_lcapI Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine I_voting_barI Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ufofiend
Hybrid
Ufofiend

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2009-06-10

I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Empty
PostSubject: I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine   I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Since my emails are ignored and as you can see my post here from a long time ago is also ignored. I figured I would try again.

I would like for everyone to know that last year I subscribed to UFO Magazine for 2 years for like 100 dollars. Then suddenly the magazine stopped putting out magazines practically and I think I received like 3 issues that year. I felt cheated because well I'm not exactly rich and a 100 dollars is a lot of money to me. A lot of groceries honestly. So I wrote UFO Magazine asking what was up and about my options for my subscription asking for a refund. I was ignored. I then also started to hear news from many other people who felt ripped off as well. I also talked to other concerned writers for UFO Magazine who said they couldn't believe they were treating their subscribers this way. The other people who subscribed also wrote UFO Magazine and were ignored as well regarding their subscriptions. I wish I would have subscribed to Fate Magazine with my hard earned money but instead here I am ripped off like countless other subscribers. Just thought I would put the word out. If someone who works for UFO Magazine can get my refund back I would welcome it. Of course we all know that isn't going to happen. Definitely an unsatisfied customer. I never thought I would have to say that about the Birnes. But the truth is the truth and there you have it and honestly I don't care who it pisses off.

Jeffery Pritchett
Ufofiend@hotmail.com
March 8th 2011
Back to top Go down
http://www.mabusincarnate.com
Ufofiend
Hybrid
Ufofiend

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine   I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Me and Nancy worked this out and worked out an understanding and grew closer in doing so. So the mods can take this down if they wish. If not then I've done my part. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mabusincarnate.com
xray

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine   I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:31 am

Ufofiend wrote:
Me and Nancy worked this out and worked out an understanding and grew closer in doing so. So the mods can take this down if they wish. If not then I've done my part. Thank you.

UFOFiend, who is Nancy?

As for UFOMag, I suspect that there are few employees, (if any?) aside from possibly Birnes himself, and so, its likely that with the TV show of the same moniker, that UFOMag just does not have enough personnel to operate a publication AND to participate in creation of a TV show.

xray
Back to top Go down
steven8
Seeker
steven8

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine   I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Nancy is Nancy Birnes, the wife of Bill, and the main force behind UFO Magazine. I love the magazine and look forward to every issue when it comes out. Yes, it is a very small crew of people, but that makes it mean even more. It's done because they care about it, not just some big money making publishing group.
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine   I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:04 am

Hey,
you have to know that Bill and Nancy are good folks.That means that I wouldn't mind if they were neighbors.
Big hearts shine thru.
I get mine at the Barnes & Nobles, The wife and I sit down for some of thier great coffe and a nosh.
alien
Davefair
Back to top Go down
xray

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine   I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:43 pm

steven8 wrote:

Subject: Re: I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Nancy is Nancy Birnes, the wife of Bill, and the main force behind UFO Magazine. I love the magazine and look forward to every issue when it comes out. Yes, it is a very small crew of people, but that makes it mean even more. It's done because they care about it, not just some big money making publishing group.

davefair wrote:
Hey,
you have to know that Bill and Nancy are good folks.That means that I wouldn't mind if they were neighbors.
Big hearts shine thru.
I get mine at the Barnes & Nobles, The wife and I sit down for some of thier great coffe and a nosh.
alien
Davefair

Hey...I too find the magazine to be of good value, enjoy reading the generally interesting, often informative articles. For many years a good friend of mine, (MSc Journalism), an experiencer, was a regular contributor to the magazine, however, she finally was able to host a Human conception baby, bringing it to full term (unlike the others who surprisingly appeared...mysteriously disappearing 1st~2nd trimester) and owing to her new role as 'mommy' has stopped writing for UFOMag, moved to Arizona... Actually for a time, my friend had encouraged me to write technically oriented articles for the magazine, but I was very busy at the time promoting my search model to SETI-ites...with marginal success. Too much work with so little useful return, I have abandoned trying to attract main-stream scientist into the alien-presence problem, however, to be fair, they have the same problem that UFOologists have...(virtually) no data and for similar reasons. Although I did meet numerous scientists who are (secretly) studying the presence problem, those of are few and far. To meet these folks one must be doing something. Today I am pursuing a different tact, one which I believe may produce more than spotty smoke puffs. I've taken to posting here on this bbs owing to the general quality of thinking I've seen in active threads. I shun the hordes which are mainly logical, are well meaning but mostly uninformed. Aside from Dr. Schuch's SETI-League, there are no technical ET bbs groups to be found any where on the InterNet.

xray

Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine   I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 12:00 am

xray,
I am far from technical person. My field of specialty is in earth science, specifically storm water. I only covered some 750 square miles.
I would have thought that any one could read a contour map. Sigh, alas and alack, It seems that so few could. Some of those were degreed civil engineers. In the end my boss and I did some serious work with our first and hopefully last five hundred year flood. Bieng retired is a tough job but some one has to do it.
I know very little about the tech. end of seti. Just what little bit that the movies showed. I would think that with so many trees in the forest we should have heard one fall by now.
What I see with nasa and the rest is simple, pour money in, get little out.
With the economy in its present condition, I can see them on the chopping block.
By the by, I am one of those dreamers that believes that mankinds futur lyes in space. I see us more as seeds waiting to float off.
I feel that if we stay here........ well look around, You can see it every where.
Your idea of posting the tech. end is some thing I would like to pursue. Please start a new thread and see what comes of it.
A suggested title for it. Nexus.
What do you say? Give it a shot.
Oh. one more thing....... What makes you think you were talking to the right scientist?
Betchabuck......That the ones you need to talk to all work for DOD.
Seems funny doesn't it that there are people here who can't talk even if they wanted to.

pirat
davefair

Last edited by davefair on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine   I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Hello All,

Ooooooo, I can see something really good and meaty in the future of this Forum! Okay all you 509 members. Input from all will be great! Do we support an Alien/UFO Forum that gets a scientific look at the enigma? There are actually quite a few serious papers out there and as I said way last December or so this Forum has the potential of becoming THEE most respected sight on the net for objectivity and the real hard-faceted search for Truth.

Along the way if enough of the heavy hitters show up then as the Big DOG on the block we could collectively put quite a bit of pressure on TPTB because when we bark other Forums may bark too! We could set the standard of exellence in research and thought by which other Forums are judged. And you were here first! That said, definitely count me in.
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine   I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:18 am

Excellent Glider excellent,
We may find that to be true.
O. C. what do you think?
Facts and U.F.O. now that gives me goose bumps.
Theory should be based on observable facts.
It is easy to expound on sightings and make observations.
fact based theroy, gracious, what an idea.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine   I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Feel Ripped Off By UFO Magazine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: UFO Magazine :: Subscription problems, comments-
Jump to: