The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Vote_lcapWTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? I_voting_barWTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Vote_lcapWTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? I_voting_barWTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace
Seeker
Ace

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-08-10

WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Empty
PostSubject: WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING?   WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:24 am

I'm sure you've all seen this episode if you watch Paranormal State, but they were in "Trout Lake" WA at Gillian Ranch watching UFO sightings by the handful. My favorite line was: "Ya Air Force Base commanders and Boeing officials have been here and said yep you've got lots of vessels here but none of them are ours"............ (or are they?)

Personally, I felt the footage they ran was sort of lame. My sighting in Lake Tahoe left me a believer as I know nothing man made could manuver in a triangle at such speeds at such altitudes.

I hope A&E isn't trying to use a younger cast to push UFOlogy. And this was one of the worst paranormal state episodes they've ever done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AceAndres.com
Ace
Seeker
Ace

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING?   WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:57 am

My Bad. That episode is a year old.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Seeker
Ace

PostSubject: WTF? Part 2   WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:43 pm

OK, this is getting to be embarassing. Once again I see a re-run of Paranormal State. Only this time it's not about UFO hunting; It's Jersey Devil Hunting with..........BILL BIRNES???? I mean WTF? No, seriously, WTF? He was (pardon the pun) billed as "Bill - investigator"

Nancy, what the hell is Bill doing running around in the woods with Ryan and the other boys and girls (and that goth chick)? I mean it's one thing when he's being interviewed as a UFO authority; but PARANORMAL STATE? C'mon, I like the show, but I give it about a 2/10 on the credibility scale.

BILL SAY IT AINT SO......
Back to top Go down
Nancy Birnes
Seeker
Nancy Birnes

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING?   WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Bill did that Jersey Devil thing as a favor to one of the ghost-hunting guys on Paranormal State, who is a friend. He'd met him at a haunting conference in New England a year or two ago, so it was a friendly gesture on Bill's part.

On the other hand, it's interesting to me that one of the original creators of Paranormal State -- or if not creator, the original director or otherwise Poohbah -- is Al LaGarde, and I believe I'm spelling that right. Al ended up being one of the important directors on Season One of UFO Hunters.

I am obviously out of the loops here, but I do remember that Al wielded power. Understanding Hollywood power has become a sub-genre for us when it comes to decoding the UFO phenom and how it pertains to Big Media. So, I offer up these bits for your general perusal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nancyhayfield.birnes.com
Ace
Seeker
Ace

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING?   WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Nancy, All I can say is I hope he got well comp'ed for it, but I don't think it did much for either parties involved. Lots of paranormal fans are having a field day making fun of the FLIR hit. I was an original fan of PS. But the show went to heck when Chip Coffey signed to do Psychic Kids. The plots got stale after the first season. (And of course GH and GHI really took off).

As much as I enjoyed seeing "my man" Bill on TV; it sort of reminded me of watching Willie Mays (my Hero) falling down in certerfield at the Oakland Coliseum in the 72' world series. (not a good analogy, but the feeling is the same) I stick up for Bill when others say: "He sensationalizes everything as Alien". Or:"He's forgotten how to be OBJECTIVE".

This is just adding to the fire. Bill please, stuff like this makes it hard for your supporters (like us) to stand up against your pundants. Could you be a "little more selective" the next time?

On the other hand; if this is about money; (and I hope it's not) then we all have to do what we gotta do.
Back to top Go down
Nancy Birnes
Seeker
Nancy Birnes

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING?   WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Ace, I hear ya, and I appreciate your sticking up for Bill. It wasn't about money, because I don't think there was any. It was doing a favor for a friend, which Bill will always do. He's loyal, to a fault. I do remember that he filmed a lot of stuff on the background of the Jersey Devil -- scholarly stuff, because the legend goes deep in these here parts -- but you can imagine how fast that stuff hit the cutting-room floor.

I guess you can balance the exposure vs. the joke factor, but Bill doesn't think in those terms. A friend calls, asks for a favor, and he says yes.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Seeker
Ace

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING?   WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:26 pm

Very honorable, Admirable and I suppose the right thing to do in the film industry. Let's hope one thing leads to another and Bill is producing another show for HC or A&E.
Back to top Go down
Nancy Birnes
Seeker
Nancy Birnes

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING?   WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Not just the film industry, Ace. Also the rest of the world.

Although, it usually is rewarded in the film industry with a hearty knife in the back.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING?   WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF? Paranormal State is UFO HUNTING?
Page 1 of 1