The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Vote_lcapThe Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe I_voting_barThe Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Vote_lcapThe Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe I_voting_barThe Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Empty
PostSubject: The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe   The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 5:24 pm

This is one of the early books in the UFO field that is one of the best. Major Don Keyhoe was given an assignment by True magazine to investigate the cases of flying saucers that were being reported by so many people, including many pilots and other professionals. He thought they were either test rockets from us or the USSR. The book is how he investigated many cases that are now famous including the Captain Mantell case where he crashed.
He goes to the actual areas where these cases actually happened and interviewed the witnesses in the cases. He realizes he is dealing with something much different than he anticipated. The book may seem dated as Major Keyhoe has a chapter on space travel (and our limited knowledge on the effects of humans), but it is well worth the read. Major Keyhoe has a no nonsense approach to the subject, and that is different than many of the books out now. He slowly starts to realize that the flying saucers are not man made but from other worlds.
Many of the sightings dealt with actual nuts and bolts craft from up close. The pilots were given orders to chase them and even try to shoot them down.
I read the whole book when I started it as I could not put it down. This is one book that is recommend to all those who are interested in ufology. It is interesting to see how many outstanding cases there really are that the debunkers keep stating are not out there.

My only problem was the printing of the book. It has many typos in it and other small printing problems. I also did not like the little advertisement for the site at the bottom of many pages. Those are minor as the book itself is reprinted in its entirety and all the older names are used. One of the best UFO books out there.

Goddess Bless,

Lloyd
Back to top Go down

The Flying Saucers are Real by Major Donald Keyhoe
Page 1 of 1