The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Vote_lcapOdd "crash" Into Ottawa River I_voting_barOdd "crash" Into Ottawa River Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Vote_lcapOdd "crash" Into Ottawa River I_voting_barOdd "crash" Into Ottawa River Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Empty
PostSubject: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:53 am

Yesterday July 27th at or about 10PM local time a bright light was seen "speeding" along the Ottawa River. Some describe a bright "flash" followed by a large "bang".

Helo SAR-techs have been dispatched according to Trenton CFB however the mission is described as "retrieval" rather than "rescue" in nature.

At this time (8:45AM Eastern July 28) there are no reports of missing persons or aircraft. Officials are describing the incident as related to a "light aircraft".

Divers are in the water at the Deschenes Rapids near the Britannia Yacht Club. This area has full military and civilian radar coverage and it is well populated. No wreckage has been spotted at this time.

The Ottawa Citizen., CBC News.

It may turn out to be a light-aircraft accident.

Fixer

Last edited by Fixer on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am

Additional Data:

Overview of General Area:

Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River July282009-OttawaRiverIncident-Over

An interesting CBC News clip:

Note: Please forgive the young reporter's inaccurate report concerning the time, it is now just over 12.5 hours since the incident occurred.

No video of the actual incident nor eye witness reports as yet.

Fixer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:06 am

I logged into Space-Track to "sniff-the-breeze" for incoming metal that might be related to this incident. One hit, Cosmos 2450.

Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River 090727-Space-TrackDecayData-Cosmos2

Last "good" ELSET:

Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River 090727-Space-TrackLastGoodELSET-Cos

Some things go "blank" on Space-Track... for instances the three or four dates related to the Big Sur "incident". Many classified launches and decays are listed... some are not. Very Happy

The shallow angle of attack mentioned in this incident does not "fit" de-orbiting debris or some other more natural events. Reports on Ottawa radio from the scene: No debris.

Fixer

EDIT - To add weather data - at the time it was mailnly clear, 24 kilometers visibility, 20.3C.

Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River CDNWeatherOfficeData-OttawaJuly2720

Last edited by Fixer on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT - To add weather data.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:45 am

Some elsewhere are pointing to the Delta Aquarid meteor shower as a possible source, this can not be ruled out at this time but it should also be noted that D-Aquarid sightings occur nearer dawn and not-so-much at 20:00 local time.

Fixer

Additional Data:

No seismic events of note related to this event reported as yet. Last "felt" quake was a 4.3 in the Gaspe back on the 21st of July. IRIS. QuakeCanada.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:41 pm

From a Dr. Dirk Keenan (a student pilot) as reported in the Ottawa Citizen;

"Dr. Dirk Keenan was sailing with some friends out of the Nepean Yacht Club when they saw the light of what looked like a small aircraft to the east, close to the Quebec shore.

"I noticed the light coming down. It was like a headlight, very bright,” Keenan said Tuesday morning. “It descended very rapidly, levelled off, then disappeared.”

Keenan, a student pilot himself, thought it looked like the pilot had lost control and gone into a dive, then briefly recovered before going down. Keenan steered his boat toward the position, but didn’t dare get too close to the rapids in the dark. The lights appeared to vanish into the river or into the forest on the Quebec side."

Meteors "shouldn't" level-off, same with other de-orbiting "debris". The search area is concentrating a bit West of the preliminary placemark in the photo above - just the other side of the point.

I have a "little-bird" with three leaves on each epaulet keeping an ear and eye out. Very Happy

Fixer

P.S. This website has gone "down" several times from here today. "That" does not often happen... especially when one can have a friend access it independently with success. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Funny that i can reach this website from this alternate location and I can't directly from my normal location. It's been that way for hours...

I found a forum with Dr. Keenan (I believe) stating some info at 6:47AM Eastern today:

Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River 0907280647E-DrKeenan-ForumPost540

Ottawa Citizen reports: Searchers find 'something large' where small plane feared crashed in river.

More as connectivity allows.

Fixer

P.S. I changed DNS numbers... which shouldn't really have changed much. I can connect now at my normal location, for now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:08 pm

A few minutes ago the search was "called off". A statement or explanation is expected... but not scheduled at this time (4PM Eastern). No wreckage has been recovered or reported as "found" or "identified". Just something "large" was found in the search area in about 30 feet of water. Ottawa Citizen link.

Fixer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:55 pm

I caught the 4:30PM local news on the radio in Ottawa. I thought those with an interest may wish to hear it. Very Happy Very Happy I'm trying to get an "official" statement of any kind... they've likely bought about 6 hours of news-cycle "cushion" or maybe until tomorrow - odd. odd, odd. Expect "experts". Wink.

Odd.

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:11 pm

Thank you for sharing this story. As with Roswell, we do know that SOMETHING crashed. What it is or was, hopefully can be found out. The military will probably beat everyone else to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:33 pm

Likely got "it" last night and left "other stuff". Shades of "Shag". There "was" significant activity at CFB Trenton "late last night" - at least 2 C-130's (friends on the end of the new runway "outside the wire"). Very Happy

Some eye-witness accounts speak of noise, some do not. Some bizzare stuff being chatted up on the French side of the river. No aircraft down. Stuff recovered.

More in a bit.

Fix'

Edit to add: At this time the point person seems to be Boucher of the local police service. Only other "bits" I found so far was a truck-jacking at about midnight and the local police/fire and EMS were at the river at the time. As far as the local police are concerned the Ottawa River case is open but inactive unless further witnesses come forward.

"If" I were of a mind to suppress this Ottawa River Incident for whatever reason... this might be "one" possible "story" arc. Very Happy No statement from any military at this point and not much has been mentioned of the "SAR" fixed-wing flights last night - lots about the helo-flights today (pics and everything). When pressured I'd produce some junk from the river "found today" by the police dive team at a later "last-nail-in-the-coffin" newser. "Problem" solved. Wink. Very Happy

On the Gatineau side some say "nothing" hit the water but rather "went into the trees". Sound like anything vaguely-familiar? Very Happy

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:43 pm

A CBC Radio Ottawa Report from 5:30PM Eastern featuring a brief police statement. Eye-witnesses (Fung, Keenan) anecdotally don't exactly support the "flare theory" officer Boucher offers as one being considered. Likely the last to be heard MSM today... maybe ever. Very Happy

Smile,

Fix'

Edit to add Ottawa Police Services links from 3:50AM and 4:00PM today:

Ottawa Police investigate suspicious Incident - Ottawa River

Update: Suspicious Incident - Ottawa River

Odd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:01 pm

Hmph. This seems to have been "reasonably-disappeared" in about or under 24 hours. "Ottawa" is back to "other things political" today.

I've now read 100's of various forum posts regarding "The Ottawa River Incident". It's only a guess but of those posting the majority seem to feel this incident is "unfinished". Some feel similarly to kidflash2008 about the "outcome". Very Happy

"The large object found" at the supposed impact zone should be available on video or stills at some point, sonar data should be available too. If debris items were recovered those will be shown or "could be" too. Very Happy Mmmm, herring on toast.

At least one individual (likely more) will be "out there" on the river soon with some intent to "have a look". I admire the efforts - even if only to exclude "other stuff". No one has yet come forward about "flares" - this is always a possibility - however, this doesn't mean that is the case at all. Very Happy Who knows what will happen on the PQ side of the river? Very Happy It's different in Quebec eh. The descriptions do vary - significantly, in French and English AND on both sides of the creek.

Hmph. I suspect without the clout of an accredited Canadian journalist to pursue some of the "loose-edges" (tonnes) through the data with the threat of execution of The Access To Information Act then? Nothing.

Or at least until "things" turn up "elsewhere". Very Happy Could get "lucky" I suppose. Very Happy

More later.

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:13 am

Some encouraging news, Chris Rutkowski, Media Relations Co-ordinator at the University of Manitoba, life-long friend of Stan Michalek's son, well-known UFO researcher and data compiler par excellence has apparently taken an interest in "The Ottawa River Incident" of July 27th this year.Very Happy I waited a couple of days for confrmation just to make sure I didn't report this in error. I hope he has good fortune.

There were people on the river today but I don't know how they are doing or anything. I have reservations about what they may find - but I'm hopeful that some are taking the time to have a look. It's really crappy diving with arm-length visibilty and the current is a problem. I do beleve there is more to this sighting than is currently thought. It may turn out to be "nothing" too. Very Happy

Might take a while to get what I think might be "around" in data concerning certain times and activities in the earliest parts of "The Ottawa River Incident". Very Happy Maybe not.

I'm with kidflash2008 on the idea that "they" got there right away - around 10:30PM - 3:30AM seems "doable" relatively covert. If there were anything of interest - it's gone and perhaps replaced with "other" innocuous stuff. Items were reportedly recovered by Ottawa Police Service divers, just what those items are is not clear at all.

Ever seen an amphibious deployment from the tail of a Hercules? I don't think that's been done since the ealy 1970's though. It's a bit dangerous. Very Happy 100 or 110 knot stall speed (less with the "right" wind) - jump out into the water off the load-gate. Unlikely.

How about a Chinook for deployment and retrieval? Wink. Just a little up-stream. Drift back down to the alleged "crash" site. Wink. That's one possible "how" - maybe. Or just use a Jet Ranger or a Griffin - plop, plop - problem solved, even a Murphy 44 in a pinch.

Cheers, happy August,

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Thank you for keeping us informed as to what is happening in this case. I am one to think that many of these crashes are unmanned or unaliened probes sent to look for planets. The same thing could happen when one of our probes crashes on a planet that is not ready for disclosure. The future home of Pioneer 10 is an alien version of Area 51!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:40 pm

I really hope we ARE looking for planets and that "we" are not as far "behind the curve" as is thought by some. 'Never hurts to have a spare. Very Happy Our ability to detect "incoming" is soooooo limited as to offer very little warning of threat in the cosmic shooting gallery. Peta-ton pinball.

My French is only "apparatchik" level but there's two dudes in Hull that swear "it" went into the woods. I thought of Bentwaters. I can't understand them well enough to really evaluate their claims (which differ slightly) nor can I understand what they'd be doing out in the sticks at that time of night.

They've turned off the webcam at the yacht club so I can't get a view of the area on the river anymore (not much to see). My "little-bird" I mentioned earlier says to let it chill-lax a week or four and we'll see what "certain logs" may offer. Keep your ears tuned for stuff from the sites you visit kidflash2008 Very Happy. "Good-stuff" can come from anywhere as easily as not.

Cheers kidflash2008 Very Happy, and thanx,

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:14 pm

kidflas2008 you'll like this; Kepler actually works. Check Ames or Spaceref. Exciting. New Earth-like planets coming I hope!I! Very Happy

Just got off the horn with a mate who's into subs. I've confirmed nothing at this point but It appears there may have been an ambient pressure 2-person submersible at or very near to the site of "The Ottawa River Incident" on the low side of the rapids that "could" have been used in the river - it has before according to him. Very Happy

It's very much like the one's used at the Bacelona Olympics for security - 'cept way more advanced - manufactured in Canada. It's listed in the Industry Canada site under Aerospace and Defence (which practically means it's development was subsidized) and at least "partly government". It meets all requirements for such a potential inland body or river water operation. Certified for night-ops too.

It was not used during the day of the search at least in the day time or at least there is no public report of it's use that I can find yet.

I can't "just" phone them up as much as I'd like to. It may not have been involved at all. But it is another aspect I'd not even considered. Very Happy He's gonna have a gander for me and make some discreet inquiries. Very Happy

Cheers,

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks for the update on what is going on in the Ottawa River. I may be right that it is some kind of alien probe!

Thanks for also updating me on Kepler. I look forward to its finds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:55 pm

It "could" be true kidflash2008. Very Happy Keep being "you" kidflash2008.

Good-bye Lloyd,

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River   Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odd "crash" Into Ottawa River
Page 1 of 1