The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
R.I.P. John Keel Vote_lcapR.I.P. John Keel I_voting_barR.I.P. John Keel Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
R.I.P. John Keel Vote_lcapR.I.P. John Keel I_voting_barR.I.P. John Keel Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

R.I.P. John Keel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeremy Vaeni
CE 2
Jeremy Vaeni

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-03-11

R.I.P. John Keel Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. John Keel   R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Most famous for his book (and subsequent movie) "The Mothman Prophesies," Keel was one of the few voices sane enough to admit that the high strangeness and cross-paranormal phenomena involved in alien abductions/UFO sightings means that aliens are not at the top of the list of possibilities for cause.

He is missed already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paratopia.net
LakehurstNJwitness
CE 2
LakehurstNJwitness

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-26

R.I.P. John Keel Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. John Keel   R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Jeremy Vaeni wrote:
Most famous for his book (and subsequent movie) "The Mothman Prophesies," Keel was one of the few voices sane enough to admit that the high strangeness and cross-paranormal phenomena involved in alien abductions/UFO sightings means that aliens are not at the top of the list of possibilities for cause.

He is missed already.

What was his theory on that subject?

I'll have to read his book when I get a chance, sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-03-08

R.I.P. John Keel Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. John Keel   R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:36 pm

This is a great loss. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com

R.I.P. John Keel Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. John Keel   R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:58 pm

I read his book "Mothman Prophecies" when I was younger. I made the mistake of doing so at night, and every little noise made me jump.

The man wrote a great book about a subject that was ridiculed by many. He was courageous to do so, and has a legion of fans who were turned on to UFOs and the paranormal. He will be missed by us and mainly that young man reading his book at night!

Rest in peace and may the Goddess bless you, John Keel.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Vaeni
CE 2
Jeremy Vaeni

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-03-11

R.I.P. John Keel Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. John Keel   R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:20 pm

LakehurstNJwitness wrote:
Jeremy Vaeni wrote:

He is missed already.

What was his theory on that subject?

I'll have to read his book when I get a chance, sounds interesting.

I think it still remained a question mark for him. Much like Jacques Vallee, he came to believe that it had something to do with human consciousness possibly interacting with an amorphous trickster intelligence native to earth that would never give up its answers just cause problems for the interested questioner.

I think that's a fair assessment but if I'm wrong someone correct me.

Here's his hypothesis as quoted on UFO Mystic....

“Once you have established a belief, the phenomenon adjusts its manifestations to support that belief and thereby escalate it.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.paratopia.net
Sponsored content

R.I.P. John Keel Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. John Keel   R.I.P. John Keel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. John Keel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: Aliens & UFOs :: In the news-
Jump to: