The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Thanx to the Paracast fellows Vote_lcapThanx to the Paracast fellows I_voting_barThanx to the Paracast fellows Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Thanx to the Paracast fellows Vote_lcapThanx to the Paracast fellows I_voting_barThanx to the Paracast fellows Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Thanx to the Paracast fellows

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
danreid
danreid

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Thanx to the Paracast fellows Empty
PostSubject: Thanx to the Paracast fellows   Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:06 pm

I'm actually starting to enjoy the antics of David & Gene..they call it like it is!
I guess the "Truth" isn't the only thing we all seek.
Info-tainment is all good too!
Back to top Go down
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Thanx to the Paracast fellows   Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm not sure they "call it like it is" as much as they call it like they can delude themselves they are out in front of "it"! They don't appreciate the "destination" sought is beyond their capacity, certainly, to understand in a manner they would require, that it is rather the successive moments on the journey to that destination that matters as regards an individual progression. They don't allow for alternatives.

Ego is gargantuan and not perceived as such, in my opinion. They make a lot of facile reductionist presumptions really only valid in a pretty limited tent. Indeed, to a degree they are crippled by an authoritarian hubris, I submit, used as a substitute for their inability to master UFOs, so they rant, gnash teeth, and rage at persons unwilling to validate their limited view and others they have identified as frauds... rightly or wrongly.

Little imagination, smaller humility, and no art. Among others similarly motivated, more detriment than efficacy. Paranormal philistines, in my opinion. They don't amuse me, at any rate. They don't instruct. They don't elevate. They don't inspire. The occasional guest might. But them, not so much.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com
Back to top Go down
danreid
danreid

PostSubject: Re: Thanx to the Paracast fellows   Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:39 am

I actually used to feel the same way as you brother!
I was banned from their forum for voicing my opinions!
I was listening to the Bill Knell interview & was a bit perturbed by all.

It is always thought very "Un-professional" to bad-mouth others in your field.
Actually..how can anyone profess to be a "PRO" in a field like this Ufology?

Anyway, let's keep our eyes to the skies & ever hopeful for a truthful resolve to this great enigma/mystery.
Back to top Go down
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Thanx to the Paracast fellows   Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:04 am

I notice a similarity between PRO and EGO. I suspect a true PRO is acknowledged as a result of inspired external validations and not as a result of the ego driving inner one. My appreciation for the professionalism of a "Paracratic" approach is presently the same appreciation held for Pat Robertson and Bill O'Reilly in that I am compelled to want to whack them with a sturdy board for their sneering intransigence, overweening arrogance, and entirely unjustified hubris. In my opinion they are the fish in the koi pond that Michio Kaku is always on about, 2D shallowits who vent facile and entirely predictable commentary while their guests try to inform with regard to why you downloaded the podcast at all, eh? Oh — and then there's "Decker"...

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com
Back to top Go down
danreid
danreid

PostSubject: Re: Thanx to the Paracast fellows   Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:31 am

It sure is a mixed bag.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Thanx to the Paracast fellows   Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:35 pm

danreid wrote:
I actually used to feel the same way as you brother!
I was banned from their forum for voicing my opinions!
I was listening to the Bill Knell interview & was a bit perturbed by all.

It is always thought very "Un-professional" to bad-mouth others in your field.
Actually..how can anyone profess to be a "PRO" in a field like this Ufology?

Anyway, let's keep our eyes to the skies & ever hopeful for a truthful resolve to this great enigma/mystery.

I have been doing this crazy internet stuff for years now and I have never banned anyone from a blog or forum. Maybe that day will eventually come, but it won't be because someone merely voiced their opinion.

It seems to me, that is how you learn, by listening to a variety of opinions, even if you don't agree with them. If you have no difference of opinion you also have no need to think about what may be flaws in your opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Thanx to the Paracast fellows   Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:14 pm

The only ones who have been banned in the forums I have been to are people who are constantly nasty (and have been warned) or those who purposely lie on a thread (the hoaxer).

I do agree that no one should be banned for an opinion or an idea. (There are some sites that ban skeptics from posting.) While forums are the property of the person who owns them and are not guaranteed free speech protections, I would hope the owners do exercise restraint when dealing with opposing view points.

BTW, I have started to listen to some of the interviews made by the podcast (or whatever they are called) and find them interesting. Thank you to those who post interviews to some of the people who are mentioned in these threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanx to the Paracast fellows   Thanx to the Paracast fellows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanx to the Paracast fellows
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: Aliens & UFOs :: Ufology Personalities-
Jump to: