The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Vote_lcapUFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 I_voting_barUFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Vote_lcapUFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 I_voting_barUFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS

Go down 
+2
WIlhelm
mantle1958
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:33 am

HAR!

"UFO MATRIX is out tomorrow and the attorney can stick the letter where the sun don't shine."

That letter resides in sunless places because Mr. Mantle's team of grasping barristers has more sense than anyone on the editorial staff: persons who let slide the fact they couldn't publish a magazine so _obviously_ trying to fly in on the coattails of a magazine already established for many years, eh?

That's candor for Mr. Mantle, Jeremy, who should just try a little CROW with _his_ waffle... or bollocks, where it's prefered.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com

Back to top Go down
mantle1958
CE 2

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:
HAR!

"UFO MATRIX is out tomorrow and the attorney can stick the letter where the sun don't shine."

That letter resides in sunless places because Mr. Mantle's team of grasping barristers has more sense than anyone on the editorial staff: persons who let slide the fact they couldn't publish a magazine so _obviously_ trying to fly in on the coattails of a magazine already established for many years, eh?

That's candor for Mr. Mantle, Jeremy, who should just try a little CROW with _his_ waffle... or bollocks, where it's prefered.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

It must be fun in Alfredland. We don't have a barrister and never did. As we were being published in the UK the attorney's letter and veiled threats meant nothing. They didn't even send it to the right person. We could have stuck with our original design and NOTHING could have been done about it. The fact was the mag, including the cover, was still a work in progress so all those involved in getting the attorney's letter sent in the first place were simply jumping the gun. Now who's got no sense ?

It's not easy to start a magazine from scratch like we have, did Bill & Nancy start UFO MAG from scratch ? I don't think so. As for for flying on the coattails of UFO MAG I laughed so much when I read that. Thanks for that Alfred old boy, that really did cheer me up.

UFO MATRIX is published on July 30th, please could you inform UFO MAGAZINE INC's attorney for me please Alfred.

Regards,

Philip (still laughing his bollocks off).
Back to top Go down
WIlhelm
CE 1
WIlhelm

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2010-05-26

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:26 pm

If only there were more things on here as active as the Mantle vs. Everyone Else threads...
Back to top Go down
http://outpostearth.blogspot.com/
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:47 pm

"It must be fun in Alfredland."

Let me end all speculation now. It's a sun-dried hoot!

"We could have stuck with our original design and NOTHING could have been done about it."

Uh-huh... but then try selling it in the States, eh?

"It's not easy to start a magazine from scratch like we have, did Bill & Nancy start UFO MAG from scratch ?"

Noooo... but they did resurrect one that had been driven into the ground, which may be harder... but that's really beside the point, isn't it?

No more time to play, Sir, I have to prepare for an upcoming radio program where I'm going to talk about more interesting stuff: parsimonious popinjays, malfeasant martinets, and bumptious blather-wads... present company excluded, of course.

TTFN!

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

Back to top Go down
WIlhelm
CE 1
WIlhelm

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:

No more time to play, Sir, I have to prepare for an upcoming radio program where I'm going to talk about more interesting stuff: parsimonious popinjays, malfeasant martinets, and bumptious blather-wads... present company excluded, of course.

POPINJAY, FTW!!

UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 01603_plate6

I say, there, Maccaroni.. Give that gentleman back his billfold, at once!
Back to top Go down
mantle1958
CE 2

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:44 pm

WIlhelm wrote:
If only there were more things on here as active as the Mantle vs. Everyone Else threads...

Should it not be everyone else against Mantle ? Or am I just being paranoid ? But seriously, this whole thread is getting rather boring and we've all much better things to do. Alfred has to prepare for the world talking bollocks championship (I'm sorry, I just couldn't help that).

Could I ask you honest opinion of UFO MATRIX please Wilhelm.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
WIlhelm
CE 1
WIlhelm

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:41 pm

mantle1958 wrote:

I think it's top-notch, not just in appearance, but also in content. It's stellar, and that's my honest opinion.

That opinion is inconsequential to enjoying the back and forth in this thread, though. I mean, Mr. Lehmberg's prose has me falling on the floor laughing.
Back to top Go down
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:08 am

"Mr. Lehmberg's prose has me falling on the floor laughing."

Perhaps you could expand on that, Sir, and facilitate an instruction for each of us. We could both have a laugh.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

Back to top Go down
mantle1958
CE 2

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:18 am

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:

Perhaps you could expand on that, Sir, and facilitate an instruction for each of us. We could both have a laugh.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

No need, my ribs are still aching. It's better than the parrot sketch or fawlty towers.

Regards,

Philip (editor of ufo matrix, out today despite attorney's lettes) Mantle.
Back to top Go down
mantle1958
CE 2

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:20 am

WIlhelm wrote:
mantle1958 wrote:

I think it's top-notch, not just in appearance, but also in content. It's stellar, and that's my honest opinion.

That opinion is inconsequential to enjoying the back and forth in this thread, though. I mean, Mr. Lehmberg's prose has me falling on the floor laughing.

Thanks for those kind comments Wilhelm, much appreciated. Everyone who has seen a copy of UFO MATRIX thus far thinks exactly the same.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
WIlhelm
CE 1
WIlhelm

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:27 am

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

You must have missed my comment on your "popinjays," but that's about what did it - at least most recently.
Back to top Go down
mantle1958
CE 2

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:56 pm

WIlhelm wrote:
Alfred Lehmberg wrote:

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

You must have missed my comment on your "popinjays," but that's about what did it - at least most recently.

Too busy laughing at you old boy.

Today UFO MATRIX hit the shops and although it's early days it seems like everyone so far thinks its great. Treat yourself Alfred, buy a copy and see what all the fuss is about.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:18 pm

The unsolicited PDF was an... _abundance_... Mr. Mantle.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

Back to top Go down
mantle1958
CE 2

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:
The unsolicited PDF was an... _abundance_... Mr. Mantle.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

At least it wasn't an unsolicited letter from an attorney.

I'll have to go now as it's been a very busy day. New magazine in the shops, media interviews, emails in grateful abundance. More articles in for issues 2,3 and 4 of UFO MATRIX. Book publishers wanting to advertise with us. My TV drama is coming along nicely too. A new book contract signed. It's all go I'm glad to say.

It's a busy life being a magazine editor. I forgot to mention an old friend wanting to talk abot a musical he's thinking about working on. Artwork coming in for the magazine.........................It just goes on.

Regards,

Philip (unsolicited in abundance) Mantle.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Vaeni
CE 2
Jeremy Vaeni

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:15 pm

mantle1958 wrote:
I didn't burn any bridges, the bridge was set alight while I was standing on it. I respect your opinion Jeremy but don't share it.

If you want to talk about bad form imagine this. You work for months planning a new mag, the editor of UFO MAG sends you best wishes, and then one morning you check your email and there's an attorney's letter from UFO MAGAZINE INC. How's that for bad soddin form Jeremy. UFO MATRIX is out tomorrow and the attorney can stick the letter where the sun don't shine.

I wish all connected to UFO MAG all the very best and yourself and even the old waffler Alfred.

Regards,

Philip.

Alright, I promise to make this my last post on this.... My point isn't negated by this. If someone purposely burned a bridge I was on, I wouldn't go to their forum, rant and rave in several threads where I swear I'm completely finished with this entity, and then come back to promote my work--which is actually the bone of contention. There are forums aplenty on the internet where I'd be well-received. I'd look for them. To do otherwise is... well... BAD FORM.

As for the letter in your mailbox... Yes, that would bother me if I didn't know the law. I believe it's been explained to you so why didn't your anger end there? There's friendship and then there's business. Should the Birnes (or the owner of UFO Magazine) lose the rights to the term UFO because they're friends with you? Because that is what would happen if they overlooked it.

When they wished you luck with the mag, did they know the name of it? Did their attorney? I think if I made a magazine that infringed on their rights they'd congratulate me and warn me to change the title. I find it hard to believe that they were purposely cruel to you. Wires got crossed sounds more realistic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paratopia.net
mantle1958
CE 2

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:50 am

Jeremy Vaeni wrote:
mantle1958 wrote:
I didn't burn any bridges, the bridge was set alight while I was standing on it. I respect your opinion Jeremy but don't share it.

If you want to talk about bad form imagine this. You work for months planning a new mag, the editor of UFO MAG sends you best wishes, and then one morning you check your email and there's an attorney's letter from UFO MAGAZINE INC. How's that for bad soddin form Jeremy. UFO MATRIX is out tomorrow and the attorney can stick the letter where the sun don't shine.

I wish all connected to UFO MAG all the very best and yourself and even the old waffler Alfred.

Regards,

Philip.

Alright, I promise to make this my last post on this.... My point isn't negated by this. If someone purposely burned a bridge I was on, I wouldn't go to their forum, rant and rave in several threads where I swear I'm completely finished with this entity, and then come back to promote my work--which is actually the bone of contention. There are forums aplenty on the internet where I'd be well-received. I'd look for them. To do otherwise is... well... BAD FORM.

As for the letter in your mailbox... Yes, that would bother me if I didn't know the law. I believe it's been explained to you so why didn't your anger end there? There's friendship and then there's business. Should the Birnes (or the owner of UFO Magazine) lose the rights to the term UFO because they're friends with you? Because that is what would happen if they overlooked it.

When they wished you luck with the mag, did they know the name of it? Did their attorney? I think if I made a magazine that infringed on their rights they'd congratulate me and warn me to change the title. I find it hard to believe that they were purposely cruel to you. Wires got crossed sounds more realistic.

Yes they knew the name and yes the attorney did too.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
mantle1958
CE 2

PostSubject: A HAPPY BUNNY   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:51 am

I just thought I'd give you an example of the reaction that UFO MATRIX is having:

Melanie: It was on sale in my town yesterday the 29th.It was a wonderful read and can't wait for the next issue. Congratulations on publishing an great magazine.

Need I say anymore.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:35 pm

It's a safe bet you will...

Say, will you have a forum like this one soon? I'm looking forward to the opportunity to write passionately about UFO Magazine on a "competing" magazine's board. What a novelty, eh? What a startling collegiality and open-armed friendship. What a show of intellectual confidence and welcoming fellowship. ... Can't wait!

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

Back to top Go down
mantle1958
CE 2

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:23 am

It's already up and running old boy, come on keep up. It's called UFO EVOLUTION and you're more than welcome to join in. Happy waffling.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:27 am

Sincerely, Mr. Mantle, I don't think you have a useful understanding of the word "waffling." See, as there is no clear identification or association with "MATRIX" on the board you suggested, how can it be the official board of your magazine?

Instead, the board offered appears to be only one more entirely unrelated board where you post your various and sundry celebrations in a manner similar to the celebrations posted on THIS board. By your definition, then, THIS board, the official forum of UFO Magazine, could be YOUR official board. That seems the height of equivocation and vacillation —definitions of "waffling" you might recall— where it is not a callous prevarication and an unclever disingenuousness, et al.

One wonders if this disingenuousness and prevarication might not be an indication of ones editorial policy, eh? That said, "bollocks" seems to best fit the supposition that the board you offered as an "official board" is the "official board," in fact. Perhaps you were in arrears, misspoke, or suffered a confusion with regard to your "official" board, so I will wait patiently for your explanation or a corrected URL identifying same.

Waiting.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

Back to top Go down
WIlhelm
CE 1
WIlhelm

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:07 am

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:
Sincerely, Mr. Mantle, I don't think you have a useful understanding of the word "waffling." See, as there is no clear identification or association with "MATRIX" on the board you suggested, how can it be the official board of your magazine?

Instead, the board offered appears to be only one more entirely unrelated board where you post your various and sundry celebrations in a manner similar to the celebrations posted on THIS board. By your definition, then, THIS board, the official forum of UFO Magazine, could be YOUR official board. That seems the height of equivocation and vacillation —definitions of "waffling" you might recall— where it is not a callous prevarication and an unclever disingenuousness, et al.

I thought the same thing at first, but there does appear to be an entire sub-forum dedicated to UFO Matrix.

If you look at the main page, you'll see the 5 sub-forums, one of which is specifically for the UFO Matrix mag. There are about 15 different threads in that forum at present time.

On an unrelated note, here's a UFO that has some waffle-like characteristics:

UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 0106fhj-ufo00
Back to top Go down
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Oh... a "sub" forum... ...still...

That seems a little like a stretch, nes't-ce pas? ...And I suspect I'm being fair. It could be abundantly argued, I submit, that Mr. Mantle inhabits, maintains, and prosecutes —with help from myself—a "sub-forum" at _this_ location.

...And a "stretch" could be called an "equivocation" or a "vacillation..."

...And continuing along in that "Vaeni" (...see what I did there?), how far must it be stretched to enter into the territory presumed by "disingenuousness" and "prevarication" forgetting hints with regard to a dodgy editorial policy? I suspect —even given a bias I may have— we don't get near a breaking point. We're only trying to "keep up" as admonished and advised.

Nice "waffle" by the way... even remembering that five facets of ufological evidence outlining vetted historical materials, quality anecdotal accounts of same, compelling works of visual art over the centuries, _sifted_ photos since the invention of photography (and before the invention of photo-shop)... and forgetting the personal evidence if one has such (I do), gives no small indication that perhaps the "waffle" was no "waffle" at all, eh?

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

Back to top Go down
WIlhelm
CE 1
WIlhelm

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:06 pm

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:
Oh... a "sub" forum... ...still...

That seems a little like a stretch, nes't-ce pas? ...And I suspect I'm being fair. It could be abundantly argued, I submit, that Mr. Mantle inhabits, maintains, and prosecutes —with help from myself—a "sub-forum" at _this_ location.
Fair enough...

How about this? Wink
Back to top Go down
mantle1958
CE 2

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:27 pm

WIlhelm wrote:
Alfred Lehmberg wrote:

I thought the same thing at first, but there does appear to be an entire sub-forum dedicated to UFO Matrix.

If you look at the main page, you'll see the 5 sub-forums, one of which is specifically for the UFO Matrix mag. There are about 15 different threads in that forum at present time.

On an unrelated note, here's a UFO that has some waffle-like characteristics:

UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 0106fhj-ufo00

Just ask the forum moderator and he'll tell you. UFO EVOLUTION was up and running before UFO MATRIX began. We have joined forces and UFO EVOLUTION is our forum. We advertise it (see our website and banner in the magazine) and in return we have our own section on the forum. It's an open forum and you are welcome to join it. If you wish to promote UFO MAGAZINE please feel free to do so. It's an excellent publication and I'd recommend it myself.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Well played, Sir... only, you don't have a forum. You park on another one. All thinks equal, and at dinner, I can only look down at my plate in embarrassment at your continued squirmage, howsoever masked it is in collegiality. Remains insult to character, Mr. Mantle, and I'm not talking about mine.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS   UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UFO MATRIX - FIRST REACTIONS
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next