The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
The Abduction Experience Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
The Abduction Experience Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
The Abduction Experience Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
The Abduction Experience Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
The Abduction Experience Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
The Abduction Experience Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
The Abduction Experience Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
The Abduction Experience Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
The Abduction Experience Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
The Abduction Experience Vote_lcapThe Abduction Experience I_voting_barThe Abduction Experience Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
The Abduction Experience Vote_lcapThe Abduction Experience I_voting_barThe Abduction Experience Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

The Abduction Experience

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-16

The Abduction Experience Empty
PostSubject: The Abduction Experience   The Abduction Experience Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:03 am

If the abduction phenomena were a part of our spiritual and societal paradigm, being abducted might be sought out by some, and the abduction process might be one of anticipation and joy, rather than dread.

Societal norms, those things deemed valid or invalid, real or not real by our society, are something that we all, whether consciously or not, adhere to, with regard to our thought process. The emotional pain and turmoil created from our abduction experience, is a result of the fact that our society has no place for our experiences whatsoever. If that were not the case, that is to say, if our society saw our experiences as valid, normal, and/or commonplace, the trauma that most experience as a result of their abductions, would not exist.

Simply put, this emotional pain that we as Contactees feel, is as a result of our trying to categorize and explain something what our society views as not being valid or real, and in the process attempting to make it somehow fit within our individual belief system.

Ultimately, each of us is forced to stand up and say; “wait a minute, I’m not crazy, this was a real and valid experience that I have had, whether or not it fits into what society says is acceptable, and, whether or not it fits into my current belief system”.

From there, we all need, or are required, really, to integrate our experiences into our belief system.

Naturally, the world doesn’t provide a template for us to do this, but then again, maybe forums such as this one are our templates.

Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2009-10-15

The Abduction Experience Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Abduction Experience   The Abduction Experience Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:56 am

Jocariah wrote:
Naturally, the world doesn’t provide a template for us to do this, but then again, maybe forums such as this one are our templates.
And, as you can see, no one has touched this post in over 2 1/2 years. Why is that I wonder scratch

Society has deemed this subject laughable because WE have made a running joke out of it. Before you could even BEGIN to touch this subject, you would need to separate the real events from the delusional dream events people believe are real. Have we done that? Do we really have a pile of hard data cases? How many of these alleged events were simply made up - lies - just like the CG videos that people claim are real? And then we wonder why "society" laughs at us.

You can't do research with a preconceived idea you WANT to be real. You have to prove the topic exists, figure out the parameters of said topic if indeed it is real, and then rip it apart. This is no different than "religious research". Every religious person believes THEY are right, and everyone ELSE is wrong - without taking into account that EVERY religion on the face of the planet is wrong, and based on earlier mythopoeic thinking - which we are JUST BEGINNING to come out of today.

Back to top Go down

The Abduction Experience
Page 1 of 1