HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Top posters
onlychild
 
Ufofiend
 
davefair
 
glider
 
Lesley
 
free wheel
 
Jeremy Vaeni
 
mantle1958
 
jackgbowman
 
LakehurstNJwitness
 
October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Share | 
 

 Nonbeliever??? Maybe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
New Member


Number of posts : 1
Age : 50
Location : Indiana
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi! I am a new member, name is Mark. I do have things I believe in,,, 3 to be exact!!!!! I am! Every thing goes away! Find a few good friends and protect each other! As far as extraterrestrial life, Nibiru, Roswell, abductions and so on,,,,,Nonbeliever??? Maybe?
A belief to me is a certainty!! Like I said, I only have 3 but for some reason these subjects ( along with others) I am interested in a real answer too, and interested in what others believe or don't believe about something so important, if found to be true! Hope to make some friends and it's fun to be apart of such a forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Good
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 155
Location : Left Field, California
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:55 am

Mark wrote:
Hi! I am a new member, name is Mark. I do have things I believe in,,, 3 to be exact!!!!! I am! Every thing goes away! Find a few good friends and protect each other! As far as extraterrestrial life, Nibiru, Roswell, abductions and so on,,,,,Nonbeliever??? Maybe?
A belief to me is a certainty!! Like I said, I only have 3 but for some reason these subjects ( along with others) I am interested in a real answer too, and interested in what others believe or don't believe about something so important, if found to be true! Hope to make some friends and it's fun to be apart of such a forum!

Welcome Mark! sunny

I am digging your 3 beliefs. The first one is a given. The second one, in physics, would be known as the 'law of entropy'. It is not entirely true, but works (in most cases) on a practical level. The same goes for the third. It is the practical aspect of that one that bothers me, though. If we have to "protect each other" what does that say about the world we live in?

Ugh. Suspect

Certainty is not certain. How come that keeps coming up this week?

But all of the Roswell and Nibiru and abductions and stuff you say you are interested in, you want a "real answer". Join the crowd pal!

Most of us here have many more questions than answers. Those who have lots of answers are full of BS. I meant Belief Systems, but the other interpretation works just as well. Wink

Okay, Nibiru seems like a crock. That is not an answer, but just my somewhat ambivalent opinion based on the observation that there is no evidence for Nibiru, other than some cool stories told by Zecariah Sitchin.

But that other stuff? There is lots of evidence pointing to it. But answers? They only have those in school tests. Maybe that explains the dumbing down of America. Answers are for wimps.

Better questions are the real "E" ticket. Enjoy the ride! affraid

Cheers!! jocolor

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
davefair
CE 4
avatar

Number of posts : 455
Age : 71
Location : Tampa, Flordia
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:35 am

Mark wrote:
Hi! I am a new member, name is Mark. I do have things I believe in,,, 3 to be exact!!!!! I am! Every thing goes away! Find a few good friends and protect each other! As far as extraterrestrial life, Nibiru, Roswell, abductions and so on,,,,,Nonbeliever??? Maybe?
A belief to me is a certainty!! Like I said, I only have 3 but for some reason these subjects ( along with others) I am interested in a real answer too, and interested in what others believe or don't believe about something so important, if found to be true! Hope to make some friends and it's fun to be apart of such a forum!

You become a believer when you see the first one.
All you really need to do is look up. People as a general rule seem to spend more time looking down.
One night in the desert, not to long after dark. Laying on my back at the edge of a three man hole.
My runner, my assistant and I Looked up at the sky.
My runner was a kid from brooklyn, young and green. He said to us, "Man they even have polution in the desert!"
I explained to him that what he was calling plolution was actually the Milkeway. He just hadn't seen it before.
As we gazed up and enjoyed the view, a bright object appeared. It traveled from the west to the east at a fair speed. It didn't have any flashing lights.I figured it wasn't a plane.
Later we found out that the shuttle was doing a mission.
What we had seen was the sun reflecting off of it.
Something that I'll never forget, though this one was no longer unidentified.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
free wheel
CE 3
avatar

Number of posts : 338
Location : UK
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:43 am

Hi mark and welcome to the forum .

How can a belief be a certainty ? I know this is a touchy subject around here
but to be certain about something , doesnt one need to "know ".

Cheers .
FW .

Back to top Go down
View user profile
davefair
CE 4
avatar

Number of posts : 455
Age : 71
Location : Tampa, Flordia
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:24 am

free wheel wrote:
Hi mark and welcome to the forum .

How can a belief be a certainty ? I know this is a touchy subject around here
but to be certain about something , doesnt one need to "know ".

Cheers .
FW .


One doesnt need to "know" to believe
One only needs to see one to know!

Cheer! and Yikes and away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SavageSun
New Member


Number of posts : 8
Age : 71
Location : Scottsdale, AZ
Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:45 pm

The question you need to ask yourself is just what do YOU need in order to make yourself a believer. In addition you have to identify what level of quality will your rank your (current) beliefs?

Lets just throw out a 'quality of belief' metric:

'My Belief in UFO's is:'

Yea, sure and Cindy Crawford is my maid = 1
2
3
4
Maybe, maybe not, yay or nay I could go either way =5
6
7
8
9
Hell yea, I will put money on it, take it to the bank = 10

I saw one, less than 15 yards from me around 10 am on a clear sunny day and I sat there and watched it. I don't have any proof other than my word. I was just on the way down to the auto parts store to buy a spark plug. I do have a video of the area and in spite of it being in a wooded area there is a clear defined space where the UFO sat, OVER 40 years later.

Do you believe now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.savagesun4x4.com
free wheel
CE 3
avatar

Number of posts : 338
Location : UK
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Quote :
The question you need to ask yourself is just what do YOU need in order to make yourself a believer. In addition you have to identify what level of quality will your rank your (current) beliefs?

I really am finding it hard to get my head around this belief thing .

Can we perhaps try and determine exactly what belief is ?

Not trying to be awkward here guys , but it is my understanding , in order to believe in anything , all you need to do is take for granted , AS TRUTH , anything you choose ?

Is this the real truth ?

Maybe we really do create our own reality ?

Then we can ask ourselves whether we believe in the truth or not !

Welcome to the forum Savagesun .


FW .

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SavageSun
New Member


Number of posts : 8
Age : 71
Location : Scottsdale, AZ
Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Thank you and welcome here as well.

Yes we do create our own reality. I spent many years in the consulting biz and we had a saying: "Perception IS reality".

If you want to see this displayed on a daily basis to the point its often laughable but sad then listen to almost any politician talking about how GOOD our current economy is or almost any subject as far as that goes.

Some require FAITH such as a belief in GOD or heaven etc.

Most needs to be examined and then somewhere along a line ranging from utter disbelief to 'I Believe' we make the call.

In the case of UFO's and putting my sighting aside, in all my years of following this subject I cannot find a single shred of evidence nor any arguement that say they are NOT real. I there is not shortage of esteemed scientists that do not believe. By the same token there is very little legit evidence other than first person sightings from honorable sources that says there are UFO's. In the middle ground I guess I can prove without a doubt that hub caps fly and silver painted plates along with a raft of other objects. Those we have lots of proof.

Barring you seeing a legit UFO only you can make the call as to the level of evidence you need to believe at some level. This is a subject where you really have to "you make the call". I will assume being on here and other research you are doing or will do will lead you further down the path...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.savagesun4x4.com
free wheel
CE 3
avatar

Number of posts : 338
Location : UK
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:29 am

But if you witness something that is to you undeniable , don't you say "i know what i saw " ?

FW .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SavageSun
New Member


Number of posts : 8
Age : 71
Location : Scottsdale, AZ
Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Its not a question of knowing what you saw but rather a question of your interpretation of what you think you saw. Biggest offender that leads to differing conclusions more often wrong than anything else is the 'lights in the sky' at night or something so distant in the daytime sky that you cannot tell what it is and the distortion of the camera only makes it worse.

NOTE: A key reason why few of the video's and camera shots ever carry any weight is because few of them use a '1:1 aspect ratio' and then to compound the issues is not displaying the vid/pix on a screen that provides a 1:1 aspect ratio.

Bottom line is that what you see is not what you get when recording and displaying.

Over the years I have seen lots of lights in the sky and I dare say that some might well have been 'who knows what'. I have always dismissed this as the light in the night sky has a list of things it could and most likely is before you get the the UFO possibility.

I go back to my sighting. This was no weather balloon, no hubcap, no illusion in a desert. The list of things it COULD be other than a UFO is a VERY VERY short list if at all. I cannot even attempt to write this off as _________ fill in the blank.

Over the years in pursuing this UFO thing I have found far more logical support for the fact that there are UFO's than I can find arguments against...in my logical mind. Nearly all the cons are only arguments against a unique incident. And in most cases they are holding the aces.

In my case the only argument is one against me as an individual and it boils down to I am either lying, under the influence or its real.

If you want to believe in UFO's that is easy and I think anyone who denies the existence of such is off the mark. They can no more prove No than we can prove yes. But if you add up the realities then to think we are the ONLY people in this universe is a bit far fetched. Our earth is about 4.1 Billion years old in a 13+ Billion year old universe. In the past 100 years we have gone from the horse and wagon as the prime mode of transportation to putting folks on the moon. Man's growth and presence on earth has been but a blink of the eye in terms of time. So to say we are 'leading the pack' in this universe is just plain dumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.savagesun4x4.com
free wheel
CE 3
avatar

Number of posts : 338
Location : UK
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Thanks Savagesun , a very coherent reply in my veiw .
The problem that i have with my own experiences in relation to some of what you are saying , is that i have no doubt at all about what i have experienced .
I don't believe that i have had contact with beings from elsewhere . I know !
This is why this is such a crazy issue . Many "want" to believe , but very few want to "know "

All the best .

FW .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesley
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 343
Location : Land of Enchantment
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:13 am

free wheel wrote:
Thanks Savagesun , a very coherent reply in my veiw .
The problem that i have with my own experiences in relation to some of what you are saying , is that i have no doubt at all about what i have experienced .
I don't believe that i have had contact with beings from elsewhere . I know !
This is why this is such a crazy issue . Many "want" to believe , but very few want to "know "

All the best .

FW .

Actually having had many "strange" experiences myself, I am also one that doesn't want to know. For example, I would never ever have regression therapy of any kind. I don't see how that would make anything better. I would rather not know if I was abducted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
SavageSun
New Member


Number of posts : 8
Age : 71
Location : Scottsdale, AZ
Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Lesley wrote:
free wheel wrote:
Thanks Savagesun , a very coherent reply in my veiw .
The problem that i have with my own experiences in relation to some of what you are saying , is that i have no doubt at all about what i have experienced .
I don't believe that i have had contact with beings from elsewhere . I know !
This is why this is such a crazy issue . Many "want" to believe , but very few want to "know "

All the best .

FW .

Actually having had many "strange" experiences myself, I am also one that doesn't want to know. For example, I would never ever have regression therapy of any kind. I don't see how that would make anything better. I would rather not know if I was abducted.

I am both a believer and a knower and I am glad for it. That said as far as 'abducted' goes I have read few cases (if any) that I have even a '5' on the 1-10 scale of believing.

This is not to say an abduction has never happened, but rather I just have not been exposed to any that can pass the 'makes sense' test.

Between the UFO hubcaps and the failure to show in any logic one can leave at least 90% of all UFO-related incidents on the cutting room floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.savagesun4x4.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nonbeliever??? Maybe?   

Back to top Go down
 
Nonbeliever??? Maybe?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: Forum related :: New Members-
Jump to: