Jeremy Vaeni

mantle1958

jackgbowman

LakehurstNJwitness

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Share | 

MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lesley
Admin

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:45 pm

LakehurstNJwitness wrote:
All excellent points by everyone here ....

Here's one of the biggest questions that I'd like to get a few theories on ....

Supposedly the military has responded to crashed saucer sites and recovered the saucers and possibly the aliens too, not only Roswell but many others according to the stories out there.

So how do they keep all these soldiers from talking?

Now I've seen an ex-military man recently on tv talking about that case in Germany I believe it was, in the woods near the base ... where they carried a voice recorder.

But i'm talking about those young soldiers who supposedly loaded saucers onto flatbed trucks and hauled them away ... whats the theory behind that? How is it that none of them have ever spilled the beans... do they kill them or threaten to kill them? Mind control? OR just patriotic duty just good soldiers keeping their mouths shut.

any theories?

I think the case you are talking about was Bentwaters in England.

As to why more don't come forward, I am sure everything you mention is involved to some degree. However, I think in most cases probably people just don't want to put up with the ridicule they would suffer. They would always be known as the guy that claims to have loaded a UFO onto a truck. I have had many people tell me stories that their grandfather that was in the military told them about something he saw and when I ask why he only told his family the answer is normally that he didn't want people to think he was lying or crazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
Mike Good
CE 1

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:21 am

Lesley wrote:

As to why more don't come forward, I am sure everything you mention is involved to some degree. However, I think in most cases probably people just don't want to put up with the ridicule they would suffer. They would always be known as the guy that claims to have loaded a UFO onto a truck. I have had many people tell me stories that their grandfather that was in the military told them about something he saw and when I ask why he only told his family the answer is normally that he didn't want people to think he was lying or crazy.

Thanks Lesley for reiterating my point made above:

"The trouble here is the prevailing cultural mindset, reinforced by a complicit media and an inherent fear in the general population that people will think them "weird" if they profess a belief in such things. Polls have shown that far more people actually "believe" than are willing to admit their belief openly. What this means is that the culture has, not only a bias against such ideas, but that the bias is emotionally reinforced by a kind of popular mass paranoia."

This has become an entrenched cultural imperative. People who know better deny what they know in order to avoid ostracism. This is cognitive dissonance. It is culturally imposed dishonesty. It is a travesty and an injustice.

This is what we are up against if we want to change people's minds about the UFO phenomenon. Personally, I do not see it happening. Disclosure is the one thing that will change the prevailing paradigm. I am pretty sure we cannot rely on our governments for this.

That leaves it up to the UFOs themselves. They have also showed themselves unready or unwilling to "prove" themselves to us. But in this game of chicken, I predict that the UFOs win. Our governments will never admit to their lying and obfuscation voluntarily.

So, bring it on UFO dudes! I am waiting...... bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dayanx
Seeker

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:45 am

Just beware of cut rate proctology exams- twould be a rough way to make first contact clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:08 pm

Here is a list of what debunkers use from Frank Warren:

How to debunk UFOs and Discredit UFO Proponents:
1. Point out that very large percentages of things reported as UFOs turn out to have conventional explanations (but don't talk about individual observers' varying abilities or how believers screen and investigate cases).

2. Always refer to them as UFO believers or ETH believers, implying that their position is faith-based.

3. Argue that any given case could have been something conventional and we will never know because we never have all the facts (but don't acknowledge that well-qualified observers have reported unexplained craft-like objects displaying extraordinary performance totaling in the hundreds or thousands).

4. (Corollary to 3): Avoid any mention of the patterns of appearance and behavior in unexplained cases worldwide for many decades.

5. Focus on the well-known problems and limitations of human perception (but never mention that people are incarcerated on the basis of eye-witness testimony, that our court systems could not function without it, and that if human perception were as inadequate as claimed, nobody would dare to cross a busy street or fly an airplane).

6. Comment regularly on human credulity and wishful thinking, in a desire for saviors from space (just don't mention that it applies only to cultists on the fringes of ufology, nor that close encounter cases typically scare the pants off of the witnesses rather than inspire them).

7. Always act as if no one before you has really conducted a thorough investigation in classic UFO cases so that it's only a matter of time and diligence before the answers will be found (but avoid mentioning that the suggested answers you propose either have already been found wanting or fail to account for the salient features of the case).

8. Demand that UFO believers produce just one spaceship or physical evidence that one has been here. (Never mind that other scientific topics don't require that degree of concrete proof in order to consider something worth studying, such as Agent Orange, SETI signals, or Black Holes.)

What I am hoping is for something to be left by a person who worked with flying saucers after they pass on. I know it sounds morbid, but they would not get into trouble by then and some documents or even parts of a craft may be available for study. It would still be debunked, but it would be out there for others to make up their minds.
Back to top Go down
Gort
CE 1

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:18 am

As I go through the posts on here I am intrigued by all of the views posted.
It is refreshing to see intelligent conversations supporting both sides of the coin. I am sitting on the fence in this one though and have to give this some serious thought. I will return and post after some more research.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
free wheel
CE 3

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:07 am

Quote :
What it was is that the part in your list about photos struck me. It seems to me that photos and even video never really prove anything. Take the gulf breeze photos, Dr. Maccabee seemed to think they are real, but other experts will say they are fake. So often times it depends on which expert you believe. As for debunkers, there is never going to be a photo that they will agree is real and shows a UFO.

This is absolutely correct and is the reason that many who experience contact keep there photos and video to themselves .Many people who experience regular visits or sightings don't even bother to carry cameras either because they are aware that carrying a camera can quite often ruin your chances of seeing anything !

De-bunking peoples accounts or photographs only really serves to prevent people from spreading their information and experience to a wider audience , people who are genuinely searching . It makes absolutely no difference to the person who has actually had the contact because in most cases , certainly contact with benevolent beings , the contactee knows exactly what happened to them .

There really are no experts in this field and no reason why you should trust one researchers opinion over another s . But i would suggest that the words of sombody who claims to have experienced the real thing are ultimately more useful than the opinion of a researcher who claims a piece of evidence to be genuine .

FW .

Back to top Go down
View user profile
davefair
CE 4

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:19 am

Lesley wrote:
I can't take credit for the list. I am not sure who wrote it, someone emailed it to me a while back, but they didn't write it either. Very Happy

Yep! lesley,
that sounds about like the usual ufo case. Total disclamer of where it came from and even more so about where it went!
It was a good thread but where is the follow up. By now we should know more.
Other then mufon thinks we are all idiots! For not bieng mufonins.

Happy New Year kid.

confused
Davefair (the dazed)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
davefair
CE 4

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:32 am

freewheel wrote,
There really are no experts in this field and no reason why you should trust one researchers opinion over another s . But i would suggest that the words of sombody who claims to have experienced the real thing are ultimately more useful than the opinion of a researcher who claims a piece of evidence to be genuine .
So there fore if I had any "proof" I would have a tendency to a: not tell a soul b; make dang sure to keep the doors and windows barred c: carry small concealed weapons loaded with dumdums.
If the president of the united states lies and nobody gets up set "I didn't have sex with that woman" Ooops wrong quote. The one I wanted was weapons of mass destruction. What would make you think that any one else in the government would tell you the truth?
That's like dick chanies old company getting paid a million dollars a day for food for the troops that they never delivered!
Or was that the oil platform they ran for BP?
Why in the world would any one trust a soul that they didn't know?
I would wager that there are experts in the field, they are just the ones you never get to meet. They are in the employ of the federal government. When those folks are arround you don't wanna be.
Trust me, I speak the truth.
Can you see that

Davefair (an I do know the feds)

Last edited by davefair on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
davefair
CE 4

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:52 am

lesley wrote
But you see more and more of us come forward when we reach an age/stage where in the ridicule does not matter.
Life as we know it changes/all life is basesd on change. So what we saw/experienced can be brought forth.
Yep no proof other then our word. When I was young that meant some thing. Today it does not.
I would not change the meaning of honor as I understand it. In Viet Nam officers wrote each other up for medals they had not earned.
That was an eye opener for me.
It has only gotten worse.
Yet voracity and honor still hold true for me. Yep that makes me an idiot, for not joining in with the pigs at the troth.
Have you seen what has become of the word justice?
A mans life is worth seven years hard time? Half off for good behavior.
What ever happened to the hanging on the gallows of the court house? Justice be served.
The rapist of children is out on the streets in six months. Ever heard of John Coey?
She was only seven and he burried her alive after rapping her repeatdly. Oh yes the punishment fits the crime.
Be sure we don't violate the murders rights. The death penalty=fifteen years in a cell.

Sorry didn't mean to digress.

Dave

Last edited by davefair on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : one of these days I gotta proof read it first)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glider
CE 4

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2010-10-19

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Hello All,

In March, 2011 this thread will be 2 yrs. old. Anyway though, I emailed Mr. Bigelow last week.

Because of:
1)http://www.thestealthblimp.com/documents/illinois_trianglehypothesis.pdf

Followed by:
2)http://www.cohenufo.org/Nids-Investigates-The-Flying-Triangle-Enigma.htm

And:
3) http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2010/01/deja-vu-all-over-again-for-ufos-and-bigelow/

Then:
4) http://www.bigelowaerospace.com/

I told him I was pursuing BT's and could use a little encouragement. Wink Wished him a successful New Year and all. Thought it couldn't hurt. We'll see. BTW the NIDS website's logo just sits and stares (laughs?) at me:

http://www.nidsci.org/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
davefair
CE 4

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:09 am

Hmmm!
a little encouragement? Is tha like a little pregnant?
(humor) or an atempt. I feel you should be encouraged
by the simple fact that you are curios.
Delve into your phyc. and see whay you are curios about triangle of light.
See if you can find the earliest reported sighting and the latest. Then compare the
two. What are the diffrences and what are the simularitys. Pardon my spelling I'm just a little worn tonite.
Tell us what you find?

davefair
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer   

Back to top Go down

MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2