The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
What happened to Ted? Vote_lcapWhat happened to Ted? I_voting_barWhat happened to Ted? Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
What happened to Ted? Vote_lcapWhat happened to Ted? I_voting_barWhat happened to Ted? Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

What happened to Ted?

Go down 
+3
Jocariah
Lesley
d0od
7 posters
AuthorMessage
d0od
d0od

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-30

What happened to Ted? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to Ted?   What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi, i'm sorry to make my first post such an annoying one! Folks are going crazy over on the history.com ufo hunters forum with theories regarding Ted Acworth and his absence in the new series/season.

I must say that i'm not entirely warming to the Kevin dude - he's sorta like a kid with his fingers in his ears going "nanana i'm not listening. i'm right. UFO's don't exist." It was always thought provoking when Ted was unable, from his perspectives and analysis, to explain away certain aspects of cases; i fear we won't get any such insight or impartiality from Kevin Cook.

I look forward to engaging in some healthy discussion on here. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://d0od.co.uk
Lesley
Admin
Lesley

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Ted?   What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:03 am

You will find Bill's answer to that question in the comment section of this post -- http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com/ufo-magazine/2009/3/21/woo-tv-ufo-hunters-and-the-new-guy.html
Back to top Go down
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Ted?   What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:02 am

quote="d0od"...I must say that i'm not entirely warming to the Kevin dude - he's sorta like a kid with his fingers in his ears going "nanana i'm not listening. i'm right. UFO's don't exist."

The consensus seems to be, good television needs conflict. If you don’t have it, then you need to create it. I saw my first episode of UFO Hunters last week, and Kevin seems to fit the bill. And I think the show was indeed good television.

At any rate, it could have been worse, I imagine. They might have chosen that children’s magician, James “The Amazing” Randi, instead.

One thing to remember about debunkers, whoever they might be, is that most people ‘want’ to buy into what they are selling, rather than having to deal with integrating anything new (i.e., UFO’s, aliens and like) and having to change their long-establish well-defended belief system. It’s simply human nature.

Back to top Go down
Jdurand
Jdurand

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Ted?   What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:45 pm

I think having a skeptic on the team is a great idea. However, I think there is a boundry that should be adhered to. That boundry, IMHO, is created by the followers of the show. They, we, dont want to hear an ass spouting off every single scene. My word!!! Kevin, give us a break!!!
Back to top Go down
http://teamcaddo.org
*Mark*
Seeker
*Mark*

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Ted?   What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:26 am

I think its good to have Kevin on. I think 80% or so that watch the show do not believe ailens exist. Since most people believe that life does not exists beyond planet Earth. Bill is far out there on his therioes and Pat is dead on what I think. I have read different forums and they seem to think the same as me. Its all about your experience w/ differnet lifes situations and what you can expand your mind to I think.
Back to top Go down
Jocariah
CE 2
Jocariah

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Ted?   What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:15 pm

From my perspective, what is go great about Bill’s show is that it
forces people to expand their world-view.

If not to the existence of, then perhaps, merely to the possibility of.

The more these kind of things enter the mainstream collective psyche, the more,
in my opinion at least, the general public becomes receptive to at least its possibility.

But then again, for some people, it doesn't matter how good the evidence is, it won't
make any difference.

Back to top Go down
Chef Tony

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Ted?   What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:45 pm

What happened to the narrator? ;_;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Kevin Cook   What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:29 pm

I like it that there is a skeptic on the show. It keeps everyone on their toes, and allows questions to be asked. There are many skeptics who watch the show (if only to yell at their TVs) and Kevin is on the air for them. Ted was a skeptic at the beginning, but I think found the evidence to be quite overwhelming something strange is going on.

Remember, Dr J Allen Hynek started off a skeptic, and is now considered a founding father of modern ufology.
Back to top Go down
millipede
Seeker
millipede

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Ted?   What happened to Ted? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Lesley wrote:
You will find Bill's answer to that question in the comment section of this post -- http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com/ufo-magazine/2009/3/21/woo-tv-ufo-hunters-and-the-new-guy.html

wishes she could get a feed of just bill's and nancy's replies.
some of them are too hard to sift thru.
study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Ted?   What happened to Ted? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to Ted?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: UFO Hunters :: Season 3-
Jump to: