The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    UFO Magazine Blog
    UFO Magazine Blog
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
    Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
    Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
    Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
    Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
    Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
    Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
    Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
    Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
    Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
    onlychild
    Our Lesley! Vote_lcapOur Lesley! I_voting_barOur Lesley! Vote_rcap 
    Ufofiend
    davefair
    glider
    Lesley
    free wheel
    Jeremy Vaeni
    mantle1958
    jackgbowman
    LakehurstNJwitness
    March 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar
    Social bookmarking
    Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
    Forum

Our Lesley!

Go down 
    5 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Alfred Lehmberg
    CE 1
    Alfred Lehmberg

Number of posts : 192
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:28 pm

[img]Our Lesley! Lesley10[/img]

Our Lesley, by D. Rano! A singular honor!

alienview@roadrunner.com
    > www.AlienView.net
    >> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
    >>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com
    Back to top Go down
    Gort
    CE 1
    Gort

Number of posts : 178
    Registration date : 2009-10-05

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 pm

I don't know... That owl has that look on his face.

Last edited by Gort on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Alfred Lehmberg
    CE 1
    Alfred Lehmberg

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Naww... not after you know what she said about the owl, eh? It is the swamp gas of the paranormal creature realm, and blamed for all manner of Fortean stuff, eh? That owl has a look of "OK, you got me..." with just a taste of "...but I can still push you off this limb," ...though I'm betting he won't. It's Lesley after all...
    Back to top Go down
    Lesley
    Admin
    Lesley

Number of posts : 343
    Registration date : 2009-03-08

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:03 am

The owl is just please and amazed that I haven't fallen off the branch yet. Smile

Yes, I was very honored. Thanks for posting it Alfred!

You can find all Dennis' cool drawings (including many ufo mag people) at http://www.theufologists.com/
    Back to top Go down
    http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Thank you for posting that picture of Lesley.

I do know that the owl has been blamed for Mothman, Flatwoods Monster (a ten foot owl, no less on that one), the Jersey Devil and various Sasquatch sightings.
    Back to top Go down
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

Number of posts : 455
    Registration date : 2010-04-09

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Guest wrote:
    Thank you for posting that picture of Lesley.

I do know that the owl has been blamed for Mothman, Flatwoods Monster (a ten foot owl, no less on that one), the Jersey Devil and various Sasquatch sightings.

I kinda favor the mothman one.
    As for the sasquatch one, thats just my grand son. The 17 yr old one , 6'7" 276 pds. and really bad gas.
    We don't let him out after dark so he won't scare the neighbors.

It is definatley a nice picture.
    which one is Lesily?
    Back to top Go down

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Gray owl and me   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Hey, I got an owl story to tell. When I was driving truck back around 1989 I was up in washington state on a two lane back road. I can't remember exactly where this was but somewhere in the area of coming up to spokane from down south.

Anyway, I was coming down this long grade popping the jake on and off to keep my speed down when I saw something grey and big on the center line of the road at the bottom of the grade. I went WTH is that as I strained my eyeballs to their max on that thing in the road. I am coming up on it and I can't stop since I was loaded to the 80,000 limit so I was going to drive into the on coming lane but saw another car coming down the otherside of the upgrade.

I go oooooh crap as I came up on that grey thing in the road. It walked into my lane and stopped as it turned its head to look at me comin on. I shockingly realized that grey thing was an owl over two, maybe three feet tall standing in the road looking at me. I couldn't stop in time and could not swerve to the opposite lane because a car was coming. So, sorry to say, I hit that owl standing there and just before I did, I saw it close its eyes. Feathers exploded everywhere as I looked back in my mirror.

I never knew an owl to get that big and I was upset it happened.
    Back to top Go down
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

Number of posts : 455
    Registration date : 2010-04-09

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:40 am

Gigas wrote:
    Hey, I got an owl story to tell. When I was driving truck back around 1989 I was up in washington state on a two lane back road. I can't remember exactly where this was but somewhere in the area of coming up to spokane from down south.

Anyway, I was coming down this long grade popping the jake on and off to keep my speed down when I saw something grey and big on the center line of the road at the bottom of the grade. I went WTH is that as I strained my eyeballs to their max on that thing in the road. I am coming up on it and I can't stop since I was loaded to the 80,000 limit so I was going to drive into the on coming lane but saw another car coming down the otherside of the upgrade.

I go oooooh crap as I came up on that grey thing in the road. It walked into my lane and stopped as it turned its head to look at me comin on. I shockingly realized that grey thing was an owl over two, maybe three feet tall standing in the road looking at me. I couldn't stop in time and could not swerve to the opposite lane because a car was coming. So, sorry to say, I hit that owl standing there and just before I did, I saw it close its eyes. Feathers exploded everywhere as I looked back in my mirror.

I never knew an owl to get that big and I was upset it happened.

Yea, we used to have the great horned owls here to.
    Bieng in Florida back in the fifties, you know, when there wasn't any air conditioning.
    We lived in a big farm house. It had a huge screened in front porch. On hot nights my dad would take the t.v. out there.
    My mother was one of those animal people, they just liked her, she would call a mated pair (they mate for life) down in the oak trees
    I swear she had um watching T.V. They made owl noises at her and she talked back to them.
    They have huge wing spans, equal to an eagle. Mostly gone now, to many people with guns.

I remain sad for the loss

Davefair
    Back to top Go down

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Last night around 2 pm I was listening to coast 2 coast and had all my lights out and in the dark sitting in my chair facing my front windows and patio door. I see a small light out on the road almost like that star trek shimmer when someone is beamed out or in. I get up to have a closer look and see something out there.

I look closer and at first thought it was maybe a cat because the shape was shifting as it stood there. I than think, hey, thats an owl. I get my binoculars and sure as can be it was an owl standing on the side of the road. I run to get my Sony nightshot camera to get this on video. I turn on the camera and its dead. I had just charged this thing a week or so ago. Ok, I have another high def Sony with nightshot and I get that one. It turns on and I have it pointed at the owl but the nightshot would not work. I guess the matrix wanted to play but play its way.

I was excited to see the owl standing out there though. One more thing, when growing up here I would always hear owls hooting at night and sometimes they would be outside my windows on cool summer nights. 2 and a half years ago I was sitting on my front deck with my dog and an owl come flying across the road from the woods to have a look at me and my dog. The owl flew between the power lines and was about 20 feet above us as he glided by to look down at us. I could see the owls eyes looking down at us and my dog actually looked up and ran across the deck after the owl in the sky.

I got so much strange stuff happenin around here, must be an occult supernatural force playin game.
    Back to top Go down
    WIlhelm
    CE 1
    WIlhelm

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2010-05-26

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:
    Naww... not after you know what she said about the owl, eh? It is the swamp gas of the paranormal creature realm, and blamed for all manner of Fortean stuff, eh? That owl has a look of "OK, you got me..." with just a taste of "...but I can still push you off this limb," ...though I'm betting he won't. It's Lesley after all...

During the UFO flap of 1897, a Boston newspaper blamed the whole business on owls carrying lanterns.
    Back to top Go down
    http://outpostearth.blogspot.com/
    Alfred Lehmberg
    CE 1
    Alfred Lehmberg

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:15 am

Of course! That's it!

I'm turning in my Tin Foil hat, closing my sites, and going home! Someone tell Nancy I've turned in my last article for UFO magazine! Owls with lanterns! So simple, and yet it fits all the facts!

Alrighty then... how about those Mets!

alienview@roadrunner.com
    > www.AlienView.net
    >> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
    >>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com

Back to top Go down
    WIlhelm
    CE 1
    WIlhelm

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2010-05-26

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:20 pm

To think, we've all been wasting our time - for 113 years, no less.

I actually read that in an old John Keel article in some random 60's or 70's magazine. While I have no reason to doubt him, I'd really love to see that newspaper for myself. So far, I've had no luck finding any mention on the global intertubes.

My real motivation in finding the article in question is to determine if the author was Joe Nickell's great-great-grandfather, Jebediah Nickell.
    Back to top Go down
    http://outpostearth.blogspot.com/
    Sponsored content

Our Lesley! Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Our Lesley!   Our Lesley! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Lesley!
    Page 1 of 1