The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Howdy from the Twin Cities Vote_lcapHowdy from the Twin Cities I_voting_barHowdy from the Twin Cities Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Howdy from the Twin Cities Vote_lcapHowdy from the Twin Cities I_voting_barHowdy from the Twin Cities Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Howdy from the Twin Cities

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
natedog54
Seeker
natedog54

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-10-22

Howdy from the Twin Cities Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:03 am

Hi everyone, glad I found this forum. The subject of UFO's and extraterrestrials has fascinated me since 1996. I was 18 years old then and working as a police reserve officer for the neighboring city to where I grew up, and where my dad was a police officer. The two cities police departments worked very closely together. They're smaller towns, one only 5 square miles, the other 36 square miles but half residential and half farmland. Both departments, like most police departments around them, typically only had 1 or 2 cops on duty at any given time, so they constantly provide "back-up" to each other.

In 1996, my dad had been retired for a few years. New to the department, I asked the cop that was training me one night what the craziest thing he had dealt with since joining the department. I figured he'd tell me about a car or foot persuit, a bad fight with a suspect, a bank robbery, etc... Nope. He drives us back to the station and takes me to the report archive room, without explaining why.

Once in the archive room, he opens a drawer and pulls out a report he had completed in 1993 (if I remember correctly) and just says "Read it."

The report details a call for "Suspicious Activity" at an address in the northern part of the city. The reporting person (RP) lived in a home on quite a few acres that was about 2 miles in on a dirt road, on the northern shore of a medium sized lake. Fairly secluded.

The RP called the Sheriff's communications center at about 2am to request that an officer respond to her home because there "was something very strange going on." She refused to elaborate (although the dispatcher tried many times to get more info from her), telling the dispatcher that if she explained what was going on, she feared that they would not send on officer. This exchange went back and forth for a couple minutes.

Finally, the dispatcher radioed the officer for the call. As would be expected, the officer was apprehensive, but responded along with 5 other officer representing 4 other law enforcement agencies. Upon arrival to the RP's house, she met them in the driveway. The officer tried to get info out of her as to what the strange activity was. She would only say "If I tell you, you will leave. I just need you to follow me and see for yourself."

They went back and forth, but she stood her ground, and they reluctantly decided to follow her. They walked around to the back of the house where they came upon a path at the edge of the back yard leading into the woods. This path led to the lake shore.

When they reached the lake, they observed what appeared to be a classic disk shped object, so dark in color, that it contrasted the night sky. He described it as being about 30 yards across, 20 feet above the surface of the water. It made no sound, and did not disrupt the water below it. It was just there.

After a few minutes, he regained his composure, and decided to have dispatch call MSP Airport to see if they had anything on radar in the area. But as he pushed the button on his radio, the object shot straight up into the sky without making a sound or disrupting the water. It was just gone.

Later that day after my shift ended, I went home and said to my dad, "Holy sh*t dad, (the officer) is nuts, you gotta hear this. So I tell him about the report. And he say's "Oh, yeah." Dumbfounded, I asked him what he meant by "Oh, yeah." He went on to tell me that "in the early to mid seventies, damn near anyone in (the county) that said they had never seen a UFO in the area, was either blind or full of sh*t."

My dad never spoke much about his experiences as a police officer. The only time he evr really did was if I brought up a situation that I experienced, he would sometimes talk about a similar one that he had experienced in his 30 years as a cop. I've been hooked ever since. He passed a couple years ago now. When my mom cleaned out his closet, she found an article from the local news paper that reported about my dad and his partner, and a UFO sighting that they had while on duty, dated in the early 1970's.
Back to top Go down
free wheel
CE 3
free wheel

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Hello and welcome Natedog54 .
Great stuff !
I am a dad and fully understand what it means to be straight with your children .
No parent that loves their children , will tell them anything that they do not believe to be true .
Cheers FW . Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:37 pm

That is a great UFO encounter. Classic disk hovering over the water, then shooting up in the sky.

Thank you for sharing that one, natedog54.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Thank you for your story natedog54. WOW!
Back to top Go down
ALBERT
Seeker
ALBERT

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:55 pm

WOW, what a story !!

Why is it that no one has come froward with this in the past ?

I don't believe any of the UFO shows on History channel or Discovery or National Geo channel ever did a report on this one. I don't ever remember ever reading about it on any of the UFO web sites, untill now.

How is it that this never made it to the public domaine ?

Just curious.
Back to top Go down
natedog54
Seeker
natedog54

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:52 am

Well, it's not Shiloh Illinois, but it was enough to get my interest.

It wasn't talked about very much, cops that weren't there ridiculed the ones that were. I don't think that it was a "cover up" so much as it was just the people involved were afraid of the ridicule. The RP never was able to explain how she came to know that the object was there in the first place.

When my dad told me about the "ufo flap" that occurred in the 70's in our area, he said that most people wouldn't talk about it. He also said "Only 2 people were dumb enough to talk about it publicly, and (his partner) and I almost lost our jobs because of it."

Now, I have seen the actual news article from back then, when my dad and his partner were interviewed. Both of their pictures accompanied the article.

Last edited by natedog54 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
natedog54
Seeker
natedog54

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:26 am

I have actually seen this story in a book that I found at the local county library years ago. It's called "Minnesota - Land of 10,000 Mysteries" (if I remember correctly). I just did a search for the book on the library's website and could not find it.

The book talks about stories and folklore from Minnesota. There is a section on documented UFO sightings. They list sightings by date, type, along with a short narrative. My dad's sighting was listed. His partner was listed by name, my dad was not. However, as I said, my mom has the original newspaper article where they were both interviewed as witnesses. It was described as "Nocturnal Lights." My dad said although he "did not know what it was, he knew what the hell it wasn't."
Back to top Go down
natedog54
Seeker
natedog54

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:36 am

Found the book on amazon.com. It's called "The M-Files - True Reports of Minnesota's Unexplained Phenomena." I'm gonna order a copy so I can show it to my son some day... study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Considering many people do not want to go through life being considered nuts, the cases of unreported UFOs are said to be a lot more than the reported cases out there.

I will look up this book at amazon and order myself a copy.
Back to top Go down
natedog54
Seeker
natedog54

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 4:42 pm

There is also a "W - Files" (Wisconsin) and an "I - Files" (Iowa). There may be more, but those are the books I found last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:56 pm

I did find the I Files and will look out for a W files.

It is good to see localized books on this subject.
Back to top Go down
natedog54
Seeker
natedog54

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 6:47 pm

The books are more then just UFO reports. They're a lot of folk lore and legends from the states.
Back to top Go down
natedog54
Seeker
natedog54

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:31 pm

My book came in the mail today. My dad and his partner's sighting was Oct. 18th, 1973, described as nocturnal lights.
Back to top Go down
hunter

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:15 am

Good story. I am a police officer in Arizona so I appreciate what you do for a living. When I was in High School My father took me on a fishing trip to Mexico. People on the trip were mainly cops with the exception of my uncle who was retired CIA. He served in Germany during the height of the Cold War.

After a few long days of fishing I worked up the courage to ask my uncle if he believed in UFO’s. He turned and gave me this blank look which made me feel as though I was asking a dumb question. I returned home sure UFO’s were nothing more than works of fiction by people with an overworked imagination. That all changed two years later.

In the summer of 1993 I was shooting hoops with four friends when we noticed a super bright star to the southeast of our city. The “star” stood out because we had never seen it before and it appeared low, within our atmosphere. We decided to drive up a mountain, situated several miles out of town, to get a better look at the “star”.

We drove to a nice dark lookout where we had a clear view of the object. We exited my truck and were shocked to find the star was not a star but a round object with red, yellow and green lights. The lights appeared to spin around the craft’s midsection. We observed the craft as it traveled up into the night sky then float back down. It did this two or three times then shot up to the northeast at an amazing speed. We lost sight of the craft as it gained altitude. The odd thing is an army communications base (Fort Huachuca) was in the crafts flight path.

This craft made no sound and swayed left to right as it hovered. It was able to accelerate and gain altitude quickly from its hovering position without making a sound. Over the years my friends and I have remained quiet about the sighting. People simply do not understand that which they have not experienced.
Back to top Go down
natedog54
Seeker
natedog54

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:39 pm

Sounds like an amazing sighting. I've seen lights in the sky a few times over the years, but nothing like the classic reports that you usually hear. Blinking lights with no steady flash pattern that you see on normal aircraft. White strobing that is erratic as it crosses the sky, almost like sparkling, but the flight path is steady. I'm not sure what it was, and I've seen a few times at night, originating from the same position in the sky (referenced by where it starts to appear in relation to certain constilations). It headed from the north, moving south/southeast. I've seen it 4 times, one of the times though it appeared to the northwest and headed south.

I always say I'm a 99% believer, because I'm waiting for that one sighting that leaves absolutely no doubt in my mind. Something classic, something I can look at and say "That was a classic disk, or a silent hovering triangle." I would have paid money to be in Illinios with all of those cops in 2001. Or with the cop I was training with during his sighting in 1993, or with my dad and his partner in 1973 (unfortunatelt that was 5 years before I was even born).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:01 pm

It is an amazing sighting, hunter. I would love for a group of intelligence officers to come out and tell what they do know or have found out about UFOs. I guess that is fantasy on my part, but it would be nice.

Thank you for sharing that experience.
Back to top Go down
free wheel
CE 3
free wheel

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:26 pm

[quote]I always say I'm a 99% believer, because I'm waiting for that one sighting that leaves absolutely no doubt in my mind. [quote]

Well Natedog , that's as big a believer that you can be . The next 1 % will make you a knower . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
natedog54
Seeker
natedog54

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 10:31 pm

[quote="free wheel"][quote]I always say I'm a 99% believer, because I'm waiting for that one sighting that leaves absolutely no doubt in my mind.
Quote :

Well Natedog , that's as big a believer that you can be . The next 1 % will make you a knower . Very Happy

Sound reasoning.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
natedog54
Seeker
natedog54

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:31 am

Wow, so, looking through that book, it turns out that somebody in the county that borders the town where my dad and his partner had their sighting in 1973, also sighted a "nocturnal light" on Oct. 18th, 1973.

I wish the author had obtained more information on these sightings. It doesn't give a name of who was in the other county. But it also doesn't give my dad's name either. I showed the book to my mom the other day when she came up to visit, and I showed her that my dad's name wasn't listed. She said it was because he refused the authors offer to be listed. I also found out that when my dad was interviewed for the local article, he and his partner were also intervied by Dr. J. Allen Hynek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from the Twin Cities   Howdy from the Twin Cities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy from the Twin Cities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: Forum related :: New Members-
Jump to: