The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Vote_lcapTerry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 I_voting_barTerry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Vote_lcapTerry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 I_voting_barTerry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Ref: Gary Mckinnon.   Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:46 am

The U.S. Government should give him a job. Put him in a department dealing with I.T. security! Part of the U.S. Government claim is that he caused criminal damage incuring costs.

I think (not sure) that they mentioned 500$ per computer!
What criminal damage can be caused just by looking? I agree he should not have been looking; but he didn't break through any passwords! There wasn't any passwords!

Let him live his life in peace, extradite him quickly or give him a job! Don't make him wait years on end in a state of mental torture not knowing either way! There are medical grounds that should be concidered.

Why is it that the U.S. can demand extradition of U.K. citizens without first going to court in the U.K. We can't do that to U.S. citizans? As N.A.T.O. partners it does not seem fair!

Edited to add text.
Back to top Go down

Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Daily Mail Newspaper - 22nd May 2010   Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:04 am

It's time for Clegg to REALLY help Gary: Mckinnon's mother's plea to Deputy PM

By Michael Seamark
Last updated at 10:29 PM on 21st May 2010

Standing shoulder to shoulder with Gary McKinnon's mother, Nick Clegg saluted her campaign to stop the computer hacker being extradited to the U.S. and publicly pledged his support.
When he joined Janis Sharp at the demonstration outside the Home Office last December, the Liberal Democrat leader could not have anticipated being at the heart of the next government.
But as Deputy Prime Minister, Mr Clegg now finds himself with huge influence - and given his outspoken support before the General Election, Gary's family are looking to him to bring their torment to an end.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1280348/Gary-Mckinnons-mother-pleas-Deputy-PM-help-son.html#ixzz0oeBE7ut5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon   Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:26 pm

If indeed mckinnon had open access to the so called secure system of information of the untied states defense and nasa, one has to wonder why. I would venture to guess they don't care because its all a front to phish little people who have the guts to have a look and since they pretended to have their redundant security measures breached by a hacker, they must let the show go on by making a martyr and destroying it. Its a game played on the neural network.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon   Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:32 am

Gary McKinnon: Nick Clegg raises doubts over powers to halt hacker’s extradition
Plans to extradite Gary McKinnon, the Pentagon computer hacker, might not be stopped by the Government after all, Nick Clegg has suggested.

By John Bingham - The Telegraph
Published: 9:32AM BST 26 May 2010

Gary McKinnon faces extradition to the U.S. The Deputy Prime Minister said during a radio interview that he, the Home Secretary Theresa May nor even David Cameron might not have the power to halt an earlier court decision allowing him to be extradited.

His remarks appear to contrast with comments while in opposition that it was “completely within” the then Home Secretary Alan Johnson’s power to make changes to the law to allow him to be tried in Britain.

Mr McKinnon, 44, is accused of breaking into military computer networks from his bedroom in north London eight and a half years ago.

What was described as the "biggest military computer hack of all time'' disrupted important US defence IT systems in the days after the September 11 terrorist attacks of 2001.

He admitted that he broke into the systems but insisted that he was merely looking for evidence of UFOs and believes he should be allowed to stand trial in Britain.

Although the extradition has been approved by the courts, lawyers for Mr McKinnon, who suffers from Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism, have waged a long-standing legal campaign against it insisting that the move would breach his human rights.

They have produced expert medical opinions that sending him to the U.S. was highly likely to lead to him committing suicide because of his vulnerable mental state.

Mr Clegg has been a high profile supporter of their efforts and dismissed claims by the previous government that it had no power to intervene.

In an article last year he wrote: “It's simply not good enough for Alan Johnson to shrug his shoulders and claim that nothing can be done.

“It's completely within his power to enact amendments from the Police and Justice Act, which would allow Gary McKinnon to be tried over here.

“Or he could urge the Director of Public Prosecutions to begin proceedings.”

Asked about the matter in an interview on BBC Radio 5 Live yesterday he said that he had not changed his view “in any way”.

But he added: “What I haven't got the power to do, neither has the home secretary, neither even has the Prime Minister, is to completely reverse and undo certain legal aspects of this.

“But that, of course, you wouldn't want politicians to do.

“It's legally very complex but on the morality and principle of it, I haven’t changed my view one little bit, which is that it would be right for Gary McKinnon to be tried in this country.”

Last week the Home Office said that Mrs May had decided to halt the legal process so she could re-examine impact of extradition on Mr McKinnon’s health.

The coalition Government also confirmed in its formal agreement it would conduct a comprehensive review of the controversial extradition treaty under which Mr McKinnon was set to be extradited
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon   Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:11 am

Lesley wrote:
Maybe I am crazy, but it seems to me that it would be the best for both parties concerned if these charges were dropped. To call McKinnon a hacker is ridiculous because that would mean that he broken into systems that were protected (with say a password or something) and they were NOT protected. Perhaps the government would like to explain why in the so-called age of terrorism they don't even protect their files with passwords?

Actualy Lesley,
that would give the cryptos in arlington fits n heart attacks. That stuff is only supposed to be broken by the cray super computers
that made the cryptos in the first place. Have you ever heard of "blow fish"
Those are the same machines they use today for all of the worlds codes, rumor has it they can break any code with in 15 days.
Just a bunch of computer wanks.
I'm surprised they didn't offer him a job.
cryptos=codes.
They are only supposed to be read by the guy on the other end with the same code.
All files are incrypted on the machine and stored on the hard drive.
All data that is sensitive is stored on machines with no access to the out side.
If he got it he had help.
That would not be the first time that it happened.
Remember deep throat took down nixon.
That also means they are looking internaly, they may have found him already, but we will never know.

I remain
Davefair

Last edited by davefair on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon   Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:55 am

dayanx wrote:
interesting story- but gloryhound detected

yoo, if he was smart he'd keep quiet and take the job with them.
A good hacker is hard to find.

I like the quote.

davefair
Back to top Go down
davefair
CE 4
davefair

PostSubject: Re: Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon   Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:44 am

Guest wrote:
That is an interesting photograph, fixer. It could be just some little bits of special effects to make the briefing interesting, or it could be more. I do not think the military would let anything big slip through, but you never know. (Even generals still put their pants on one leg at a time.)

Thank you for finding the photo.

photo gone? did any one save it?
Yes generals do put thier pants on one leg at a time. but some times in the same hole.
It's intresting to see them try to walk.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon   Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terry Waite asks U.S. to drop case against UFO seeker and UK computer hacker McKinnon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2