Jeremy Vaeni

mantle1958

jackgbowman

LakehurstNJwitness

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Share | 

Frequent UFO sightings> Need Help..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lucius465

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Frequent UFO sightings> Need Help..   Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Hey Guys,

I have been witnessing numerous sightings of what appear to be satelites but stop, change direction at high speed , chase each other etc. I have attempted to record these events with my JVC Everio GZ-HM200AUS. I have the telephoto lens as well but still just pickup darkness. I have set it up with all the night functions and still can only pick up the brightest star if I leave it stationary. I see on youtube lots of people recording the night sky but assumed they had high end expensive cameras. Does anyone know what I can do to make my camcorder pickup the night sky? I would really like to share these frequent sightings. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Frequent UFO sightings> Need Help..   Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:07 pm

I did a search on night vision cameras and it gave me a lot of sites:

This is a site for boats and night fishing (It should work in the sky and they do have a lot of products):

http://www.nauticexpo.com/boat-manufacturer/night-vision-video-camera-19976.html

Here is a Wiki article on night vision devices:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_vision_device

I wish I could help you some more, perhaps a techie here can help you out. I look forward to your videos when you get the problems fixed.
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Admin

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Frequent UFO sightings> Need Help..   Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:13 pm

This is what I use during the day, to pick up objects that can't be seen with the naked eye - I don't know if it would work at night:

I use a IR lens and then set my camera to night mode. Amazon has IR lens in most sizes. My camera isn't actually made so you can change the lens, so I have to tape the IR lens over the regular one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
LakehurstNJwitness
CE 2

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Frequent UFO sightings> Need Help..   Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:44 pm

Also consider taping that area of the sky during daytime hours at different intervals , you may be surprised by what your camcorder picks up that the naked eye doesn't see there .

Try filming the sky near dusk, when the sun is down below the horizon, but the sky is still blue ... that technique worked best for me , it picks up lots of activity with the sun below the horizon shining upwards on objects indirectly ... try it.

And also pay close attention to cloud formations, the objects seem to like using clouds to hide behind ... don't worry that you don't see anything while filming , the real prize is when you go home and review the footage , look for strobe lights while advancing the footage in slow motion ... look for rectangular objects with a bright white light in the middle of them , they seem to be very active in daytime skies.

Just use your camera to scan the skies very slowly and with a steady hand. Everybody should be doing this as a side hobbie , we would get some nice footage if we had people everywhere scanning the skies.
Don't worry that you don't see anything during daytime hours, they are up there and the camera picks it up, what the eye can't see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frequent UFO sightings> Need Help..   

Back to top Go down

Frequent UFO sightings> Need Help..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1