The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Vote_lcapJuly 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun I_voting_barJuly 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Vote_lcapJuly 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun I_voting_barJuly 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SpaceDreams

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-06-13

July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Empty
PostSubject: July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun   July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:02 pm

Thats what they say but what has crop circles been warning us about this for months, if so, how come there was no news coverage. Nasa says that the storm may shut down satellites and communication devices in January 2009, now we are approaching the date with new Sun spots and we just formed 2 new coronal holes in the sun. With all this activity and their predictions not to mention that Nostradamus predicted a catostrophic event 3 days after a nationally celebrated holdiay, what should we prepare for... Is it as simple as tv and cel phones will be down for a while, or will it be worse. Would like more answers

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1578&category=Environment

http://spaceweather.com/

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/10mar_stormwarning.htm
Back to top Go down
MartianBob

Number of posts : 22

July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Empty
PostSubject: Thats crazy   July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:32 pm

I hope nothing serious happens and that it's only minor. I haven't seen any news coverage I wonder why
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun   July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:45 pm

These "holes" are pretty high latitude (as are most) early in the cycle of solar events. They progress "down" as time passes and some appear as "new" more near the equatorial regions. Anything between about 40 and 90o North or South is "more bad" potential fot the third rock.

Not to worry too much about "that" - it's the solar events that don't have such signatures as sunspots - you see from time to time (even during the last cycle's "quiet" time) there appears that there are other influences that can create some similar havoc that we "can't see coming" and may be extra-solar in wave or point of origin. Again, not to worry too much about the satellites as other than "safe mode-ing" and altering the orientation of some there's not much to do but wait.

SOHO will show you "real-time" pics... the dark spots spout the most "wind" and almost always "loop-back". Quite beautiful and natural and potentially lethal. SOHO pic page. As long as it doesn't "spray" in our direction in our orbital plane... this planet has enough trouble on-the-go already. NSSDC has some great links - but have fun wandering the maze - linkage.

July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun SOHOEIT1710907081300UTC

Happy Sun-bathing,

Fix;

Last edited by Fixer on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replaced non-current EIT 171 SOHO pic with a static but more recent version.)
Back to top Go down
SpaceDreams

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Great post Fix   July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Great post nice info, I definately signed up for the spaceweather email alerts... Do you know the time of the event and if it can be recorded for pics or SOHO video
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun   July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:30 am

Space dreams wrote: "Do you know the time of the event and if it can be recorded for pics or SOHO video"

I'm not sure I understand the question Space'... sorry. SOHO runs 24/7/365 to my best knowledge. The SOHO site has tons of videos and NSSDC has all the sims one could ask for as for the "time" of the event? I have no idea, again my apologies. SOHO-science allows for minutes of warning AND this cycle is predicted to be a "weak" one - "weak"' does not mean "zero risk" however. The "great" geo-mag "Carrington" storm of 1859 ocurred during such a similar "weak" cycle... according to the US National Academy of sciences should a similar "storm" occur today? We're talking about something with a financial cost attached to it of 1 to 2 trillions of US dollars.

The "weather" today (the 7th of July) is mild-ish. A pic.
http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/synoptic/sunspots_earth/mdi_sunspots_1024.jpg

NOAA updates it's public charts about once a month and the new cycle progression display for June "should" be out for June soon-ish. Here's the May predictions... and they "seem" to indicate cycle 24 is behaving nominally - so far.

July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Sunspot

Here's a link to the prediction of cycle 1024 over at NOAA.

All the dozen regional warnings centres say "quiet" - polar, auroral and sub-auroral - today - so far. Wink. Stuff happens. A link to the regional office nearest me, here.

Cheers,

Fix'
Back to top Go down
AlienLady09

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: hey SpaceDreams   July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:13 pm

That would be cool if SOHO captures a video of the solar storm! I have also signed up for the Space weather alerts... Have you heard of the SUN appearing blue in Iran http://spaceweather.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun   July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:57 pm

July 12 seems to be a day that "could" have some elevated activity. It depends on how big a "burp" happened today. One did happen today - that is not unusual. "It" is on the way, hopefully "we" won't be in the way - the trajectory has not been announced as yet. I'd expect more public news shortly. In theory, STS-127 (if launched on time) and ISS and the trailing Progress 33 could be at some unspecified level of elevated risk.

Fix'

Oh, sorry. AL9'. Very Happy I'd seen the Sun tinted green-ish in Chile (copper-oxide dust), the blue mentioned doesn't seem unreasonable. LA sunrises... Nevada sunsets... big cities - all seem to have their own environmental differences that cause our eyes to perceive what we do about Sol.

Cheers,

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun   July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:13 pm

There is some increased levels of activity at out planet's poles today. The North "should" start getting a "sky-show" just before sunset and the South a bit less owing to the season. Weather may interfere... or just as easily accentuate what might be seen adding noctilucent effects.

The Sun's "right shoulder" has some unusual activity today... extra-turbulent "mag-fuzz". Two distinct coronal holes and a sunspot are evident - thankfully they are in different hemispheres. The holes "could" be ready-ish to "shoot some hoops" - I hope they miss our basket. Very Happy

When the holes do disgorge their "fountains" the results can be quite spectacular - and powerful - beyond powerful - powerful does not capture the nature nor scale of such an event. Very Happy What "can" happen on/in the Sun is a 'loop" of magnetically-defined sub-particulates, particulates, plasmas and various nasty rays "jumps" out of the more Northern hole (when located in/on the Sun's Northern hemisphere) out into space sometimes to distances measured in AU and "loop" back to the more Southern "hole" - amazing enough right?

It gats better... it seems that at least some of these "sprays" can spin and twist while forming the "mag-loop" forming what is coming to be accepted in general science vernacular and nomenclature as a "space tornado". I don't like the term particularly but to describe it in that way serves the purpose but isn't really "true" to what it is thought to be. The notion is still a bit new - but evidence does exist to support the idea - and if such a thing really is happening then it would help explain a number of phenomenon many think of as "alternative subject matter". Very Happy

I'm glad these sorts of events are mostly felt toward the poles on the third rock. A big burst out of that sunspot? That might not be a "good thing" depending on a bunch of variables.

I'll keep an eye open for the "weather" the next little while...

Cheers,

Fix'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun   July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

July 7 2009 Nasa says Solar Storms, Scientist say Coronal Mass Ejections from the sun
Page 1 of 1