The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Vote_lcapMarden. Stoner. Nonsense.  I_voting_barMarden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Vote_lcapMarden. Stoner. Nonsense.  I_voting_barMarden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeremy Vaeni
CE 2
Jeremy Vaeni

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Empty
PostSubject: Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.    Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Another one of my inappropriate scientist friends takes a crack at showing us what science doesn't look like in this thorough book review of Kathleen Marden & Denise Stoner's The Alien Abduction Files:

http://jayvay.wordpress.com/2013/10/14/missing-more-than-time/
Back to top Go down
http://www.paratopia.net
steven8
Seeker
steven8

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.    Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:20 am

Now that was a darn fine article by an obvious professional.  When you want to show the in-expertise of another professional, you must do it by producing a work that is more professional than their work, and carefully points out where the other work falls short and why.  That was a very well written piece.

Carol Rainey said in her comment what I've been trying to say "...grateful that the tone is not derogatory and dismissive, but is instead clearly pointing out how UFO research needs to change in order to have any of its findings validated by other scientists."

No junior high trash talk.  A truly professional piece of work by Tyler Kokjohn.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Vaeni
CE 2
Jeremy Vaeni

PostSubject: Re: Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.    Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Great. Now stop being scared to own this from the other thread and answer it:

Then why do you read my stuff? If I thought all that about someone's writing (or about the writer as a person) I'd stop paying attention to them. But you keep reading and keep trying to grab my attention, which I'm finally, stupidly, perhaps, giving to you here--because I really want to figure out what goes into someone like you, if you'd be honest enough to answer it.

I remind you of junior high shit heads. That's fine. But why would you write a fake review addressed to me on Amazon about a book you stated you never have and will not read--simply to make sure I know how you feel about me? And then repeat it here? What about me is so important to you that I simply MUST hear how you feel about me? We don't know each other, right? I haven't personally wronged you in any way.

So...

Why do you care so much about me if I'm not worth caring about? Can't you ignore me? At what point are you snide and nasty and painful to read?
Back to top Go down
steven8
Seeker
steven8

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.    Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:33 pm

I don't care about you at all, to be honest. I have, however, always been extremely annoyed by the bullies in life, who act superior and try to belittle others to make themselves appear special. In your case, that is what makes you magnetic. You regularly post links to your site here on the forum, and I have been intrigued and followed the links to see what they were about. Only to find such writing as I have mention previously. Like Necco Wafers as a child, I hated them, but kept trying them, each time naively hoping they might taste better.

This typical bullying tactic - "At what point are you snide and nasty and painful to read?" That places me in the 'being the one to hit back', at the one who hits. You don't have to hit me, I can feel for others as well. However, now we are done. Go back to your belittling ways and feel good in your superiority. I hope, however, you do not. I am happy that one person you associate with (Tyler Kokjohn) does not act the same way. Good for them!

Oh yes, it was not a 'fake review'. Merely a statement that I am glad I read the preview before wasting any amount of money, and gave my reasoning for why.

Shalom.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Vaeni
CE 2
Jeremy Vaeni

PostSubject: Re: Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.    Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:19 am

Right. Fake review in that you gave a book you never read one star so that you could call me names and insult me in the review part because I wasn't paying attention to you here.

What I'm suggesting is you're a complete hypocrite using juvenile "bullying" pseudo-stalker tactics to get my attention to call me out on what again? Being a juvenile bully?

I'm sorry if people picked on you in school and that's your hangup. I wasn't one of them. If all you can derive from reading my stuff and/or listening to my podcasts is that I'm a juvenile bully who belittles others to make me feel special, then the problem truly is your own. I just wanted to know what goes into that mind. Apparently, not much more than the inability to self-reflect because the above is obvious to anyone who isn't you.

Take care. And next time, don't get mad, get a mirror.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.    Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marden. Stoner. Nonsense.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: Aliens & UFOs :: In the news-
Jump to: