The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
North Korea Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
North Korea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
North Korea Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
North Korea Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
North Korea Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
North Korea Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
North Korea Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
North Korea Vote_lcapNorth Korea I_voting_barNorth Korea Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

North Korea

Go down 
+2
LakehurstNJwitness
Cindy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cindy
Seeker
Cindy

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-03-14

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:42 pm

I'm just curious, with all the nuke testing that North Korea is doing, has anyone heard if they're having any UFO sightings? They tend to get curious when testing occurs.
Back to top Go down
LakehurstNJwitness
CE 2
LakehurstNJwitness

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-26

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:21 pm

I haven't heard of any , but then again North Korea is not a country that believes in an open press , they have no freedoms in North Korea.

And I don't think a UFO would want to get anywhere near that airspace , that country is on a hair trigger right now threatening to start a war, it wouldn't be a good idea for a flying saucer to go on a sight-seeing tour over there at this point in time , it would probably start a war.

Iran is getting closer to becoming a nuclear state , so it appears things are right on track just as the bible predicted for the end times... with Israel being the main target of satans wrath.
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:24 pm

North Korea is only testing 5kt warheads, which are quite small in the nuclear world. There rockets have failed in all of their launches, so they are just doing these tests to spite the world. I also doubt the press in N Korea is allowed to freely report UFOs or anything else for that matter.
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:04 am

DPRK UFO's? No reports, but out of Japan and South Korea? Yes, I'd think so and a quick use of a search engine confirms this. I would not be surprised if every overt and covert recon asset of at least 6 nations will have a very close eye on DPRK in many, many ways. Some, no doubt - fly. South Koreans do a lot of "looking up" lately and are on hair-trigger alert as is Japan. Tense. Air, sea, space, seismology, communications - all closely monitored.

Kim Jong-Un will be the next "dearest leader", he is 26 years old and apparently more capable of mind than his male parent and he will have nuclear weapons and global reach - unless... Be assured that as I write this the DPRK is assembling a Taepodong-2 or perhaps the rumored-but-never-seen "3" ready for launch in the next 36 to 72 hours from their new and larger Northern missile facility. 4000 - 4100 miles range (with favorable conditions). A Taepodong-2 is basically the old-old No-Dong 1st stage with a SCUD duct-taped on top. It can deliver a 1500lb payload to North America. Too bad for "dearest leader" their current possible device is so much more massive and then there's that "pesky-little" reliability problem. Very Happy

The DPRK does not have the ability to fashion a "compact-enough" nuclear missile warhead and have any current or near-future rocket deliver it to North America from their soil. Japan? Aus? NZ? Seoul? Piece of cake - even with crappy decades old inertial guidance systems - a sub-orbital "pop". No doubt AQ Khan was very helpful to the "dearest leader's" technicians over the years. The difficulty he faces is payload limitations and the miniaturization process of the "device" which was only part successfully tested once (did not achieve critical mass) and a second which was by all accounts successful. Current yield estimates of DPRK potential devices is 3 to 8 kT (3000 to 8000 tons of tri-nitrous toluene (TNT). The Nagasaki hydrogen device was 21kT according to the US Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in this PDF Report to do with Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I doubt North Korea even has even enough fresh-stable solid fuel for it's existing antiques. Could DPRK hit the Alaskan coast with a Taepodong-2 using a conventional warhead or gas munition? Yes. This unique individual even has China (happy Tiananmen 20) upset and unhappy. It would be unwise for Mr. Il to persist in this behavior as "happy" as it must make him.

Could Kim Jung-Il shoot "something" down like a UFO, satellite, Aurora, UAV or "X"? Very possibly - even if only by accident. He very likely has a crude orbital capability beyond small scientific payloads not all that far off. Once they have polar orbit... well, we won't talk about that.

If China doesn't "fix" this or can't "fix" this you can bet the "dearest leader" will have some UFOs visit sooner rather than later. He's gone super-psycho and a great many North Koreans are "programmed" with that family as "deity" on Earth... beyond a military-coup perhaps. He's got two female American-Korean journalists on trial too. Not good. Oh, and his Cognac supply has been interrupted.

High alert at the silos in Vandenberg and Greely for a while. Latest report from the Pentagon (Patrick O'Reilly, Pentagon National Defense University) Wednesday is that they went 3 for 3 in the latest DPRK scenario. Boeing is prime contractor, Northrop, Raytheon, and Oribital participate with Raytheon supplying the KV. Pretty much shoot-down whatever one has. Very Happy Very, very top-shelf. Geez and who knows what the various Naval concerns have parked where and below. SecDef was at Greely on Monday inspecting the interceptors - DoD link.

No news would be viewed here as "good" news and I hope the Chinese would intercede in a positive manner.

Fix'
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:18 pm

North Korea is now an absolute monarchy, and since the bureaucrats have their jobs given to their heirs, they are like the Medieval Europeans. I expect the people will get tired of being hungry while Dear Leader gets to play on his water slide.

I do wonder what an alien race would think of N Korea if they tried to study it. ("And they think us extraterrestrials are weird!")
Back to top Go down
dayanx
Seeker
dayanx

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-25

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:15 pm

kidflash2008 wrote:
North Korea is only testing 5kt warheads, which are quite small in the nuclear world. There rockets have failed in all of their launches, so they are just doing these tests to spite the world. I also doubt the press in N Korea is allowed to freely report UFOs or anything else for that matter.

quite small, but not bad for a bite sized package. That the rocket tests are occuring at the same time may be a case of Rope-A-Dope. Watch the rockets, concentrate on building ICBM defenses then slip in a suitcase nuke or a lead-lined shipping container
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:05 pm

It is tiny when you compare it to the 50 Megaton H Bomb. The mushroom cloud on those babies are over three miles in diameter. Still, 5KT will cause quite a bit of damage, and NK should be monitored to see how far they really are.
Back to top Go down
dayanx
Seeker
dayanx

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: so what's up their exaust nozzles?   North Korea Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:53 am

So what is it they hope to accomplish? burying giant pipebombs, launching their liquid fueled bottle rockets over the neighbors' place, kidnapping journalists... RIGHT after Iran backs down from the exact same ploy. Their closest friends are the chinese, and even THEY can't really stand them.

For once I find myself saying THE MERRY HELL WITH DIPLOMACY, lets go dot a few eyes from orbit.

That may be why we haven't had a saucer land on the whitehouse lawn yet. We're just too damn interesting to watch. Please don't think me to be mocking anyone, I'm just silly when I get off work. And right now I'm thinking the Reptiles and Annunaki are making bets, like vatos before a cock fight.
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Al Gore's two journalists have been sentenced to 12 years hard labour - each. This complicates things...

Here is Kim Jong-Il's website http://www.korea-dpr.com/

Here is one of the "dearest leader's" inspirational writing's for those interested in his "mental workings" a 2003 "talk" to the Senior Officials of the Central Committee, here.

A recent Russia Today piece on DPRK in the US feature "The Weekly".

https://www.youtube.com/v/fH4_NBAFM5g

Or one can purchase DVD and audio and karaoke from The KFA eCommerce Site and sind-along with the Songun or join the "dearest leader's) online discussion forum, here.

I think the "visitors" may be mesmerized - some of the precision colour co-ordinated "crowd displays" must be very entertaining to those watching from above - a conservative example from before KJ-I's stroke:

https://www.youtube.com/v/nAaf2wk8QuE

Some say the two female journalists were "snatched" from the Chinese-side of the border on the dividing river by zealous Northern DPRK border guards.

Should anything happen to the two journalists? Um, that'd be one less reason for patience and tolerance - high-stakes poker. "Dearest leader" does not appear to have many cards left to play... just one bird on the pad at the new facility.

The future?

https://www.youtube.com/v/LRusmWKUTQ8

Not secure.

Fix'

P.S. Sorry, the youtube clips don't want to embed as anything other than flash format.

Last edited by Fixer on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Video embedding troubles.)
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:33 pm

"Friends" inform. A former colleague has confirmed that "dearest leader's" inter-continental missile is ready, fueled and on "the pad" as of three or 4 hours ago. Just check the MSM they are bound to have it by now.

A phone call to a friend in the news-biz says that some high-level diplomacy is under-way to secure the freedom of the two "convicted" journalists in Al Gore's employ.

Tense.

In regard to Cindy's OP I found a UFO-ish clip purportedly out of Japan from May 11 2009 which may or may not be related to current events on the Korean Peninsula.

Direct Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtpMvn-l9m0

Not many cards left to play in this "hand" and I suspect "dearest leader" is neither the "dealer" nor "the house". "Bets" were made and I hope the DPRK "leadership" reaps as it so sows.

Less secure than yesterday - the clock is running.

Fix'

Last edited by Fixer on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:31 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited because the vid clip went "phweet" and it was replaced with the same clip.)
Back to top Go down
Mike Good
CE 1
Mike Good

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-03-12

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Do you know what gets me about this whole scenario? It is how deaf dumb and blind we are to the whole situation and how complicit our media is in keeping us this way. Fixer and Dayanx, I really like you guys, but this attitude of yours is part of the problem, not the solution. But hey, what else can you get by drinking the koolaid?

Here it is in a nutshell. Look at "dearest leader": he is a small man suffering from small man syndrome. The guy wears lifts in his shoes, for god's sake. The small man wants only one thing above all else: to be respected and not "looked down upon" as a small man. Notice the psychology and the not so coincidental double entendre in that statement.

The small man wants what Rodney Dangerfield claimed he never got: respect.

Looking at recent history, Kim Jong Il has gotten nothing at all from any diplomacy. After all the negotiations with the Bush administration, we made promises to provide them with technology and cash. What did they get? Squat. We reneged on all of it. It is funny how the popular media always leave out that part.

The only thing they have ever done that got our attention is to start building nukes. The small man is paranoid. He is a narcissist who believes the world revolves around him, so naturally, he sees the more powerful as imminent threats to him. He cannot fathom the idea that we really could not care less about him, unless he gets scary.

So, like an incorrigible child, he acts out to get our attention.

And how do we respond? We punish him. Bad move.

This all stick and no carrot diplomacy has only served to escalate the situation. Now our great Attila the Hen, Hillary Clinton, proposes we escalate our punishment by enforcing a limited embargo. That is a provocative act by any other name.

Here is my prediction: that will only result in more egregious acting out from the small man. Duh.

Anybody with half a lick of sense could see how to deescalate this situation: DEESCALATE THE SITUATION.

Give the small man what he wants more than anything else: respect. Pat him on the back and tell him how scary it is that he has all of this wonderful technology. Then offer to make good on all prior promises and, to show him what a scary big man we think he is, make some more promises - AND FOLLOW THROUGH ON THEM.

Once the small man is assured of what a big man we think he is, his insecurity will lessen. People, this is just basic psychology, from a person who has never taken psychology in school, but only learned it through life experience.

It ain't rocket surgery. So how come our super-smart leaders and "diplomats" can't figure out something so obvious and basic?

I can only conclude it is because they are morons. rabbit
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:16 pm

That's quite a drink of Kool-Aid you are serving with your sermon yourself Mr. Mike "Good". Take a sip Mr. Mike "Good". Tastes "Good" to you as a judge? Does it fit "your" attitude Mr. "Good"?

Your attitude merely leaves me bored and no better informed than before your prescriptive dissertation of personal condemnation. Oh well, some folks aren't happy until the rest of the world is as miserable, unhappy, and perhaps self-deluded as they are and criticize unconstructively of the genuine efforts of others.

Do you ever read what you write Mr. Mike "Good"? I try not to read what you write. Very Happy I think I made a good "Good" decision. Very Happy Others are welcome to do as they see fit. Thanks Mike "Good" and have a pleasant future in the ad-hominem attitude adjustment industry.

I'll spectate.

Cheers,

Fix'
Back to top Go down
Mike Good
CE 1
Mike Good

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:57 pm

Thanks Fix,

Sorry for the over the top bloviating. It is just my style. This screed wasn't aimed at you, really. I am sorry for any offense. It is just a bee that happened to be under my bonnet for a while and this thread was the catalyst that got it buzzing.

Apologies all around to you and dayanx.

But I do not apologize for the fact that our leadership has not learned the first thing about this situation and continue to push buttons and wonder why it is spinning out of control. No koolaid was consumed in formulating my assessment of the situation.

It is just a simple observation of human nature. We all do it everyday. It chaps my hide that the feds are unable to figure this thing out. I guess it is just easier to continually irritate the situation. Stupid is as stupid does, until somebody finally figures out that the old responses aren't working. One would think that would be a clue that a new tack might be in order.

Go figure....

As Tennessee Williams once said, "If people behaved the way nations do they would all be put in strait jackets".

Cheers!! pirat

Mike
Back to top Go down
dayanx
Seeker
dayanx

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:55 pm

all things considered, I'll give the kid a pat on the back, but I'd rather take that loaded revolver away from him first. Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:00 pm

The latest Windows XP x64 patches now do not allow me to view any video on this site. LOL.
It says I need to use a 32-bit browser. OK. Funny; it views just fine on an old SGI O2 with Netscape 6.5.1 with an ancient flash plugin and some flavor of Java not seen in a decade or more. LOL. Very Happy Progress - sigh.

Funny what comes up at critical times - A certain research lab in the news for other things it "could not locate" recently had a press release some hours ago - somebody's "gearing up" and an unannounced test result is now public. Interesting downcard to play at this time - I sent the DPRK a link for good measure. Very Happy

A link to the news release here.

The USA has "the deepest bench" in this "battle" and programmatic downcards "dearest leader" can not imagine. Seems like he will launch. If it's trajectory is "the least little bit untoward" then I'd expect that missile to "fail" before it leaves early boost-phase. There's two or three more lines of defense at a minimum backing that capability up. Very Happy

I'd expect some more sabres to rattle shortly.

Fix'
Back to top Go down
Mike Good
CE 1
Mike Good

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:51 am

dayanx wrote:
all things considered, I'll give the kid a pat on the back, but I'd rather take that loaded revolver away from him first. Very Happy bounce

Pat him on the back and he is likely to give it to you voluntarily. That already happened once. But we threw it all away with all of that "tough love" stuff.

And that is why this story gives me the creeps. This whole stupid scenario could have been avoided but for our arrogance.

Kinda makes you feel all warm inside, eh? pale
Back to top Go down
dayanx
Seeker
dayanx

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:32 am

despots do not give up their power willingly
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:37 pm

North Korea wants attention and money. Why should any country give in to them? Why not ask their neighbor of the north, China? One reason is that China does not like them (just like the rest of the world). If we do not give them what they want, they will sell their technology (and possible parts) to terrorist groups.

Dear Leader is just like a spoiled child. I think the water slide in the poverty stricken nation tells a lot.

Nice only goes so far. As Teddy Roosevelt stated: "Speak softly, but carry a big stick."
Back to top Go down
Ufofiend
Hybrid
Ufofiend

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2009-06-10

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Why doesn't China regulate on them more? Why is the US always having to play Superman. China seriously needs to get more involved I think. You don't hear much about China really on the news trying to help this situation. I mean why would you right. China is the same weirdos that tried to smite the Dali Lama right? Just tired of the US getting involved and worry we will be over their next like sociopaths. Really said about those journalists put into work camps for 12 years. Psycho. Where's Rambo when you need him? I do think the US should be involved to get them out and send in a seal team to kick their ass but please no crazy giant Iraq war or anything. To close to the hornet's nest of China. So I doubt that will happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mabusincarnate.com

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:04 pm

China does not like North Korea. They have tolerated them in the past because of the shared governmental idealogues. Since North Korea is more like an absolute monarchy than communist, the government of China is even less likely to reign it in.
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Today, from the AP YouTube channel:

Expect another underground test AND a missile launch soon-ish. "Dearest leader' has commanded that all plutonium assets be weaponized.

"My own reaction from a distance is that Pol Pot's demise as the leader of the Khmer Rouge was inevitable, and that his own paranoia did him in as much as anything else.", Sydney Schanberg

What SecDef Gates says, DoD June 9.

In regard to Cindy's OP about DPRK UFOs - some humor in light of the dire events unfolding:

Hello? Alien visitors? Uh, yeah. Hi. Fine. Is Kang there? Really? Bad borscht will do that. Kodos then? Wow, your English is really improving. Yes, I'll hold. Kodos old-man! How's tricks? Good, good. Listen dude, turn on DPRK state media and talk to Kang will you? Yeah I know, wild eh? Just have a look OK? No anti-matter weapons or Tunguska-scale events OK? No Chernobyls OK? Cool. Yeah, blog, cyber-warriors, Songun or something like that, they're all tensed up Kodos. Nah, just Cyber-Command and IDF wanna-bees is all - it's how it's done nowadays. Yeah, I know Kodos, "progress".

Well, I don't know what they are waiting for either Kodos. Yes, Kodos we are a baffling species. No, Kodos you know very-well some of us are peaceful by preference despite our collective history. Kodos, don't ask me - because I know less that you OK? I just live here dude. OK. Quit giggling OK? My opinion? He's paranoid and spiraling-down and he does have nuclear delivery capability - not good - the personification of "syndrome". Oh, thanks for asking K', the flywheel device did exhibit unusual gyroscopic and perhaps related Coriolis-effect behaviors I'd not expected. It eats regular tapered roller bearings regularly. Yeah, 48 volts DC just like you said. It "is" balanced perfectly. Yes, of course' dynamically balanced. It works and I get some exercise pedaling. It needs a sturdier frame. Buncha stuff. I know you can't tell me "why". No, fuh-get-about-it. Don't worry, I don't always "need-to-know" why Kodos. Very Happy

Your kids? Tasty you say... my grand-daughter is just finishing up at Oxford. Yeah Kodos, the one with the purple hair. Favorite? All-time or just about you 'visitor-types"?... Oh. I understand. The Big Lebowski. Maple syrup? Sure I'll leave a 25L pail at the "other" LZ. No, the one on top of the building. Timerider? Yeah Kodos, any Mike Nesmith film is a good film and you ought to know Kodos. Only on Betamax. Lyle Swan? Fred Ward, I think. Sure. I bet Kang's pretty-darn sore having to excrete that beet-flavor paint-remover, it's the beets eh. It's like a dye. Have enough borscht and it "sticks". We did warn him. How much? OMG! That must be a record. I'll send along some of those butterscotch candies he likes. No, I don't have any more soda-bread and you know it can only be properly pan-fried in Quebec. Don't blame me. You ate it all? Get it yourself. I'm not cooking - my hands are still sore and numb from my bike ride. Me? I like the deep-fried Suisse vanilla ice cream rolled in toasted oats and cornflakes on a stick.

Kang? Yeah, I bet it is a bit smelly in his fish-bowl helmet. Try hydrogen peroxide no stronger than 3% USP topically or sit him in a bath of red tomato juice - it worked for the skunky-stuff at the Skunk Works and it also works for skunks. No problem. I know Kodos, we're tubular beings and you are just a little different that's all. Yes, you did tell me "the ugly bags of water" joke - again. No, just mention it casually to Kang, no big-deal, just a friendly FYI... you know what happened last time.

Cool K', thanks, 22:30 GMT on top of the building. Ciao,

Fix'
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:43 pm

First they need to get their rockets to work properly. Dear Leader wants attention badly, and the media are the ones giving it to him. As an adult would say to other children about an unruly child: Just ignore him and he will go away.
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Kim Jong-Un (Il's Number One Son, but not eldest) met Chinese Prezzy Hu Jintau late last week in a "secret" meeting according to Asahi Shimbun (a major-ish Japanese news outlet).

No doubt the current situation was "discussed" and Jong-Un's possible "futures"... a very, very unexpected turn-of-events.

Some say we may be seeing the beginnings of consolidation between those two nation's "interests" in the interest of the more powerful and "accepted" interest of the two. Un asked for more food-aid according to S. Korean "news". Very Happy Taiwan (formerly known as Formosa and the "real" China-in-exile) must be exceedingly worried. I'd be.

China has designs for the future of the entire region (amongst others like Africa and Earth orbital space) and holds a very great deal of "US paper" at this time. 'Friends close... you can guess the balance.

Jong-Il has but two or three cards left to play - one of them is to relinquish power "with a measured hand", the others? Much less attractive life-style options for Jong-Il associated with those I'd think.

Among several, two possible geopolitical outcomes: China "wins" or China wins.

Fix'
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:25 pm

"A nuclear-armed North Korea poses a 'grave threat' to the world, This is a pattern they've come to expect. We are going to break that pattern.",

The 44th US President, Tues., June 16, 2009 after concluding White house talks with S. Korean President Lee-Myung-bak.

Awesome. "Yes we can."

Fix'
Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Un apparently tried to have his big bro' "neutralized". Older brother is now in HK under China's protection. July 2 and 4th - whomever is in command now - shot off some antique but deadly medium and short range missiles. There are more missiles (Type II's) on at least two pads at the "new" Northern launch facility and have been for days.

They do not have a deliverable fission device small enough to reach beyond... the "local neighbourhood". Hawaii? Maybe, with the right weather, on a good day - that is until THAAD splashes them. Very Happy

Seems DPRK has been engaging in some new definitions of self-injurious stupidity. US folks might not get to "see" this as easily as elsewhere for a variety of reasons so I'll post it here. This is just one of a series of "smaller" events over the past couple of weeks.

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2009/07/08/koreas-cyber-attack236.html

A quote:

"In the U.S., the Treasury Department, Secret Service, Federal Trade Commission and Transportation Department websites were all down at varying points over the July 4 holiday weekend and into this week, according to U.S. officials inside and outside the government.

Officials familiar with the U.S. outage — termed a denial of service attack —said the fact the government websites were still being affected three days after it began signalled an unusually lengthy and sophisticated attack."

DoD is "quiet". Smile. Wink. Walkin' softly...

Fix'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: North Korea   North Korea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North Korea
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next