The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
Robert Nichol's StarDreams Vote_lcapRobert Nichol's StarDreams I_voting_barRobert Nichol's StarDreams Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
Robert Nichol's StarDreams Vote_lcapRobert Nichol's StarDreams I_voting_barRobert Nichol's StarDreams Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Robert Nichol's StarDreams

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
Alfred Lehmberg

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Robert Nichol's StarDreams Empty
PostSubject: Robert Nichol's StarDreams   Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:58 am

What about the fakes?

Isn't it true that these strange constructions in our cereal crops are of human construction? Don't they have to be ~entirely~ of human construction for the skeptic's position to have any validity? Just ONE 'genuine' circle, consider, and the game a'foot is altogether new!

...And Crop Circles get faked. Sure. But, when those 'fakes' occur... don't we, generally, know who the fakers ~are~? Don't THEY tell us who they are? Don't they strut and crow and smirk and patronize?

Aren't they stealthy people haters named "Doug" and "Dave," even as these self-aggrandizing psychopaths die off and evolve, change their names with the years, upgrade their techniques over time, and justify or attempt to legitimize their crass sociopathy... as art? Could it be that these offensive fakers are behind ~all~ the circles? Builders of ~all~ the constructions? Composers of all these glyphs?

Yes?

Then how is it, as Robert Nichol intimates in his compellingly sincere film documentary "StarDreams", that these alleged 'hoaxers' always finish what they start? Where are the failed attempts? Where do they 'practice' their completeness of vision, this exponential magnitude of astonishing endeavor... this meticulous 'perfection' of flawlessly breathtaking execution and timing... and... ...Where are the 'blunders' in these huge constructions, extant, otherwise abundantly found in other human executions of complicated tasks?

Why are the 'greater' circles never duplicated? Why don't we see a balanced explanation for complex circle construction making it into the "National Geographic" or a Postmodern Art periodical. Spin me a "Catherine's Wheel", again -- 'Doug'! Stomp out an additional "Adams Grave," for me -- 'Dave'.

Speaking of art and artists, where ~is~ this extremely improbable army of gifted performers "without egos" —astoundingly selfless and undeniably talented men and women— anyway?

Flatly, these uncharacteristically secretive persons are REQUIRED to execute —without the smallest flaw, remember!— the delicate artistic balances of line and curve, light and shadow... amidst other conventions of accomplished artistry (...to include knowledge regarding the sacred or eternal geometrical... ...the strict adherence to the enlightened measure, or an educated unity in utility that is an artistic "golden mean"...), and this over a HUGE area on an entirely unique cereal canvas!

These 'artists' ARE the real deal... reader ...And we haven't a ~clue~ who they really are! No. We're too well rewarded by society for not wanting to find out, for not being brave, and for not seeking out those clues. We're punished effectively for obstinately seeking them too... ...served painful irony in the form of reward for negative back-stepping behavior and punishment for the positive forward-looking pursuit of same.

Verily, WHO hoaxes roughly tens of tens of quality circles a year, world-wide, for the last ten years? Who operates with no professional 'recognition', no lucrative 'pay-off' -- no 'reward' of any kind? Who?

Clearly, few to none. Those who do ~are~ known to us, ply their trade for money, and even have their own trendy flash-fronted websites. No... it becomes obvious as one scratches the surface of this thing that these people are NOT the whole show. Something's hidden behind the official cultural tarp that is our corrupted and duplicitous mainstream...

Moreover, artists produce their work to be associated with it, to be defined by it, to be enriched by it... materially AND intellectually. I'm an artist of small note and legitimate award and I feel that's a fair statement. We won't ordinarily BE the artistic Samaritan (rare creature, THAT!) who disappears from the scene of the artistic 'accident' before they can be celebrated and feted by admiring fellow humans. An artist ~signs~ his work, boyo! It's been that way since the renaissance from the middle ages, reader, and even before that the interested knew who their artists were.

...And those people of the renaissance were baffled by (officially intimidated by) CropCircles then too, remember. Crop circles have ~long~ legs of history.

Let's cut to the chase. Most circles could ~be~ FAKE, respected reader. But MANY are ~not~ I suspect! Nichols suggests in "StarDreams" that this should, at least, give the reader pause... even if it does NOT fuel an ongoing epiphany of boundless optimism for the reader... like it does for ~this~ writer.

Guilty!

This writer wept with joy during the first of what has been (and will continue to be) many viewings of Robert Nichol's documentary. They are cathartic and appreciating tears, astonished and inspired tears... thankful and enlightened tears. They are tears that elevate, reassure, and validate. They are tears that cement conviction, legitimize confidence, and lubricate assurance, too. But assurance for, confidence about, and conviction with regard to... what?

Ok... a few of the high points.

...That reality is more fully featured and abundant than we are otherwise manipulated to believe by our duplicitous culture? That we are not now, have ever been, or will ever ~be~ alone in the unending light and darkness that is the expanding and changing universe? That 'existence' is not so much a 'competition to survive' as it is a 'cooperation to understand'? That we (you and I!) are the entire universe trying to comprehend itself? Finally, that it is the individual understanding (...the understanding individual!) that is truly key?

You ~matter~, reader, forgetting for a moment that I do, too. ~You~, reader, are the person that's reached out to with these crop glyphs. That's the message of "StarDreams". The individual is ~key~.

It's all about people, individual persons, Nichol implies... persons who can open their minds and hearts to an immensity of creative purpose, a plethora of quality potentials, and an infinity of efficacious intellectual productivity...! It's all about people willing to break free, at last, of the attitude we have collectively regarding an aggregate Earth we presently abuse like an unvalued rental property... and return to it the respect the truly intelligent would give ~any~ living creature! We would treat the aggregate Earth (you and I and everything else 'on', 'in', 'about' or 'of' this Earth!) as we ourselves would be efficaciously treated. For this, you and I would inherit the stars! What do we lose? Nothing. What do we gain? Everything. That's not the ~end~ of conviction, confidence, and assurance by any stretch!

Nichol's documentary is filled with individual persons, none of them seeming to scramble for individual recognition regarding the phenomenon, but standing out like individually shining stars for their lack of apparent desire to do so! It is easy to have 'regard' for these people - these individuals. The watcher can bask in the rich warm golden glow of the sincerity and honesty these folks are effused with, and be reassured by their integrity and frankness and openness and truthfulness... These are serious people, intelligent and educated people... scientists, philosophers, researchers, and persons ~without~ a lot of formal education. I found myself loving all these persons in the absolute best and most efficacious sense of that word. ...And ~these~ persons love, without doubt and beyond question, those 'artists' who compose the strange glyphs on a parchment that we can EAT. Think about ~that~.

Is there analogy there? I think Mr. Nichols thinks so. I think so, too.

~Who~ are these anonymous teams of selfless and talented artists manufacturing those compelling images? Who captivates our collective human intelligence so universally and further compels, at the same time, such intelligent love? Well -- they are artists, likely, NOT beholden to human agency, institution, government, culture or religion. They are, likely, NOT artists who celebrate the soulless corporate while they venerate the cloistered celibate! They are likely NOT artists who pander to duplicitous media while they sell their souls to officious and psychopathic sponsors. They are likely NOT artists who would dupe and disrespect you like they were doing you a favor. They are likely NOT 'artists' we would... know.

...It's ironic that they are likely artists we have always known (just forgotten, I'll bet)...

...Be that as it may, their works are charming letters thoughtfully composed, magically engineered, beautifully rendered, and then "slid under the doors" of our consciousness while we're not looking... by 'someone' or some 'thing' who would attempt a communication of some 'type' perhaps as nourishing to us as the grain that the artists compose in, on levels, quite simply, that we are incapable of appreciating, as yet. I'm gratified they take the time... and further gratified that Robert Nichol has produced something about this ...evolving reality... ...so enduring, informational, and prescient... that I'm moved to joyful tears. Thank you, sir.

Further information on the film can be accessed at http://www.stardreams-cropcircles.com/ . See this film.

...One more illustrative point before I go. Early this century William Gazecki produced an equally fine documentary about Crop Circles (I was ~as~ excited about!) called "Quest for Truth", and I provided, for it, a similar review. On the radio a few weeks ago Robert Nichol was interviewed and pointedly asked a question that compared his film with Gazecki's. I wondered if Nichol would ruffle his feathers, even if only a little bit, that ~his~ was the better film. That didn't happen.

Rather, he embraced Gazecki's film as his own, graciously making indication that both films were short chapters in the same massive non-fiction, the same story that needed to be told. He implied that Gazecki's more pragmatic approach complemented the more metaphysical approach he'd employed and that the films, taken together, made for a more inclusive accounting of the ~more complete~ story... a stepping stone to even MORE inclusive chapters...
No reflexive competition here, good reader. Nichol's reflex, his astonishingly TELLING reflex, was for reflecting cooperation. Is that what the circles do to you? If so, I'll have more of that, thank you. See the sedition?

I've seen both films numerous times, and I can attest that the documentaries complement one another, magnificently. Do not tell yourself that because you have seen one film that you have seen the other. That would be unfortunate and inaccurate. Seriously, I think it would be synergistic if these gentlemen could get together, somehow, and provide both films in a boxed set or package. The films are extremely powerful individually, but together they are, I think, greater than the sum of their parts. See these films and begin to 'understand'.

That's enough -- read on!
Back to top Go down
Regan

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Robert Nichol's StarDreams   Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Right on Alfred!

I wrote about Nicol's film and his presentation at McMinnville a year ago [a href="http://www.binnallofamerica.com/tr7.6.9.html"] here.[/a]
Back to top Go down
http://htt://orangeorb.blogspot.com
free wheel
CE 3
free wheel

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Robert Nichol's StarDreams   Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:51 pm

That took a good while to read Alfred !
Crop formations are for me the epitomy of what i call Art .
We are moving away from an era where the Ego plays centre stage . Not all artists
crave recognition . Many are working now , for the good of all , for a higher calling if you like .
There is something people are missing within this phenomenen , and it isn't the fact that people make crop circles !

Cheers FW .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robert Nichol's StarDreams   Robert Nichol's StarDreams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robert Nichol's StarDreams
Page 1 of 1