The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Vote_lcapThe UFO Surveillance Episode Review I_voting_barThe UFO Surveillance Episode Review Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Vote_lcapThe UFO Surveillance Episode Review I_voting_barThe UFO Surveillance Episode Review Vote_rcap 
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

The UFO Surveillance Episode Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Empty
PostSubject: The UFO Surveillance Episode Review   The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:37 pm

A review of last nights show:

The theme of UFO surveillance of nuclear test sites and facilities was explored in last night's show. It started out in Long Island's Brookhaven Institute and we were introduced to a man who took many videos of UFOs over the area. The man took a lot of notes and documented the times and places he took the videos. It turned out that many of the UFOs were airplanes on holding patterns awaiting to land. The final part of the video seemed to be more mysterious, but it also looked to me like it was planes on a holding pattern. They were just shot from a different angle, but there was definitely a pattern.

An alleged crash of a UFO in a state park near Brookhaven was investigated, and that mostly turned up nothing concrete. If it was an extraterrestrial craft, the Air Force's replacement for Project Moon Dust would have been part of the recovery, not the fire department at Brookhaven. The Brookhaven Fire Chief denied his crew were at the fire, and showed a written log book showing such. When asked if it would be classified, the Fire Chief responded yes, but that many would have bragged about being there, and the secret would have been spilled. There was an alleged video taken of supposed firemen at the spot, but nothing really concrete could be made out. The debris in the video did not look unusual and there were no bodies visible. Looking around the area in the present showed signs something could have crashed, but then there was nothing conclusive shown that it did. The bright flash seen on the day of the alleged crash could have been a bolide, which was never even mentioned on the show.

The crew then went to California where they saw another video of some UFOs. Again, the video looked interesting, but it was some more nocturnal lights in the sky flying in formation. It could have been aircraft, but the others ruled it out without really explaining why. Another alleged crash is investigated, but there is even less evidence or eyewitness accounts than the Long Island crash. The crew looks through FLIR technology at aircraft flying around the area, but to me they looked the same as the "UFO" videos.

I am surprised there were no interviews with Robert Hastings, who has written about UFOs and nuclear military installations. He has a vast amount of information on sightings that would have made for an interesting show. I also think Pat is now starting to go the alien route without any real evidence to show for it. The videos of nocturnal lights are just that, and they could possibly be explained to be conventional aircraft. I think jumping to the ET conclusion is hurting the show, which is starting to preach to the converted. Any skeptic would leave the show like I did, wondering how they reached such conclusions with so little evidence.

They also make claims that we are shooting down craft with our lasers. Whenever I comment about a lack of radar confirmations in some cases, I get told by many the craft uses technology to block them from being seen. This was also stated when the heat sensing technology did not show any unusual objects in the sky. Yet, they can be shot down by a laser beam? Why wouldn't they have a deflector or some type of shield?

Still, I found the show to be very entertaining, and was interested in the Long Island UFO crash. The mysterious power outage, and some of the witnesses do make the case to check into the allegations of a downed ET craft more seriously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFO Surveillance Episode Review   The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Every single show the UFO Hunters Team gets "a get", something no other has. Very Happy I like that and it can't be easy nor straight-forward to produce. Sometimes it's evidence, other times a little-known analysis or new perspective. Luv it. Very Happy

I'd heard of the B-Haven '92 incident, but I've never seen the video clip allegedly taken by a witness from the alleged "crash" scene. Very interesting.

My favorite "bit" that the UFO Hunters Team has released is the FLIR footage by the Florida law enforcement helo-aviators from about the same time-frame as the incident explored in the UFO Hunter's most recent episode. Very Happy Great stuff.

Fix'
Back to top Go down
Pearl
Seeker

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: The UFO Surveillance Episode Review   The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:22 pm

To me, the most compelling part of the show was the forensic archaeologist looking over the park, and finding the "clues" to what could have happened ~ those findings of evidence to support that the debris field/crash very plausible was the part of the show that really had me thinking there was way more than the officials are letting on.

The denials of the fire squad seemed quite typical of the standard "nothing happened." Though I never expect any of the officials to blurt out "yes, you're on to me, this is what happened" and pull out a file of photos, I find *how* they express their denial to be interesting. The gentleman interviewed seemed very friendly, but his "you cannot keep a secret in a firehouse" line sort of made me go hmmmm a bit.

Overall, a very good episode imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFO Surveillance Episode Review   The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:26 pm

As I stated in my review I did think the look into the forest was interesting. I just don't think there was enough evidence to support a crash of an ET craft. The firehouse would not have been used to pick up any debris if the craft was not one of ours so I believe they are telling the truth when they stated they weren't there.

The highly classified follow-up agency to Project Moon Dust would have been activated if the crash was a foreign or extraterrestrial object.

The videos, while interesting, were not conclusive in themselves. Nocturnal lights are the most common type of UFO sighted, and I am thinking all of the ones shot at Long Island were of aircraft in holding patterns shot from different locations. The video of the alleged crash screams of hoax. They received it anonymously and without any information it is impossible to check on who was there and who took the video.

I still enjoy the show, although this one was a bit disappointing in the evidence offered.

Last edited by kidflash2008 on Sat May 23, 2009 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFO Surveillance Episode Review   The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:38 am

I enjoyed your review kidflash2008. Very Happy

You wrote:
"The one of the alleged crash screams of hoax. They received it anonymously and without any information it is impossible to check on who was there and who took the video."

I agree that without provenance the "crash scene" video would be of a lesser value unless a careful analysis of the clip yielded something indicating the alleged site in a verifiable way or demonstrated methods, procedures and hardware that "may" indicate a fraudulent or authentic nature.

The tree damage was of interest too and may or may not confirm an incident of extraordinary circumstance. Did you know that some species of trees seem to attract more ligtning strikes than others? Oaks and acidic hardwoods are hit most in mixed forest.

One can hope that UFO Hunter's raising the awareness level on this alleged BNL incident will prompt others to come forward in authenticity adding to this and other "interesting" events. Very Happy Perhaps it might be revisited in the future. Very Happy

I hope this episode "pops-up" on the History Channel site so I can watch it more carefully another time. Very Happy

Cheers,

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFO Surveillance Episode Review   The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 4:14 pm

People coming forward who were at the alleged crash site would be a huge gain from the episode. Right now it has to be chalked up as not enough information to verify that even a crash took place.

The one problem with the crash debris video is that there are no alien bodies shown, although the persons in the video seem to be holding body bags. The debris is not looked at or given any real footage in the video, and one would assume the job of the person would be to take the footage for analysis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFO Surveillance Episode Review   The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:31 pm

kidflash2008 wrote: "The one problem with the crash debris video is that there are no alien bodies shown, although the persons in the video seem to be holding body bags."

There may be more than "one problem" kidflash2008. Very Happy

The "body bags"? The provider of the footage (I think) said, "body bag". I don't think so at least not a conventional PVC blue or black bag nor a mil-spec CBR BB. CBR bags are heavy at about 7 or 8 kilos (or they used to weigh that much) and DO have various leaded foil linings and special seals on the "zippers" - the one's I've seen for CBR are beige in colour. When I was more active professionally I consulted on disaster preparedness with several local hospitals equipped to deal with potential accidents at the local nuclear generation facility - CBR BB's were/are stocked by the score. What I see on the alleged crash-scene video is perhaps thermal foil (likely mylar) similar to what marathon runners are offered after their events - even in 1992. Very Happy

Maybe one day the "footage" will be released in full for public scrutiny - I'd like to have some fire-fighter, nuke-safety ops and movie-biz friends take a look. Very Happy

Fix'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFO Surveillance Episode Review   The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:24 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The UFO Surveillance Episode Review   The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:00 pm

BNL has their $942M new toy approved. Very Happy Ford, "it's a better idea". Very Happy

Fix'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The UFO Surveillance Episode Review   The UFO Surveillance Episode Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The UFO Surveillance Episode Review
Page 1 of 1