The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
The Sphinx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
The Sphinx Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
The Sphinx Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
The Sphinx Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
The Sphinx Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
The Sphinx Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
onlychild
The Sphinx Vote_lcapThe Sphinx I_voting_barThe Sphinx Vote_rcap 
Ufofiend
davefair
glider
Lesley
free wheel
Jeremy Vaeni
mantle1958
jackgbowman
LakehurstNJwitness
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

The Sphinx

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
johan777

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-08-28

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:36 pm

According to a riddle in the bible there is an entrance to the Sphinx in Egypt on the left side behind the last rib. Here you will find the answer to a lot of secrets.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Vaeni
CE 2
Jeremy Vaeni

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-03-11

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Such as?
Back to top Go down
http://www.paratopia.net
johan777

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:11 am

Jeremy Vaeni wrote:
Such as?
I am hoping someone will forward this to the right people.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2009-10-15

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:26 am

johan777 wrote:
Jeremy Vaeni wrote:
Such as?
I am hoping someone will forward this to the right people.

Don't know if you have noticed - you are able to "forward to the right people" too. Hint, hint.

BTW, where is that "riddle" you mentioned? Got a reference?
Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2010-10-19

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:23 am

Hello johan777,

If you've read any of my other posts then you will realize that I am not a callous or mean individual but I have to say that this is not the kind of Forum that takes the "carrot-in-front-the-nose" mechanism very kindly. It's a ridulous and stupid ploy that is utilized all over the the other "para' Forums to a nasty fault. Don't do it here- it's NOT welcomed nor is it appreciated. This group is way beyond that!

You wnat a good dialogue then present something worth discussing and do not go fishing for idiots who may fall for such garbage just for your own amusement. This is a fairly serious environment and you can tell by just what gets responded to and what does not. Other than that I do welcome you to the Forum and hope you stay to learn how subjects can and do relate to the reality of things pertinent to the state of the world and it's propensity for being duped by falsehoods. The answers to your inquiry do not exist. If you need follow up to that statement I will gladly supply them.

Regards, glider.
Back to top Go down
johan777

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:56 am

Good day to you; other people might differ with you about "stupid and ridiculous and a carrot in front of the nose and that answers doesn't exist"
Thank you anyway for your comment.
I am dead serious about my statement but i don't know how to get it to the right people to investigate this. This would also answer many question about UFO's. If you can help in this respect i would appreciate.
glider wrote:
Hello johan777,

If you've read any of my other posts then you will realize that I am not a callous or mean individual but I have to say that this is not the kind of Forum that takes the "carrot-in-front-the-nose" mechanism very kindly. It's a ridulous and stupid ploy that is utilized all over the the other "para' Forums to a nasty fault. Don't do it here- it's NOT welcomed nor is it appreciated. This group is way beyond that!

You wnat a good dialogue then present something worth discussing and do not go fishing for idiots who may fall for such garbage just for your own amusement. This is a fairly serious environment and you can tell by just what gets responded to and what does not. Other than that I do welcome you to the Forum and hope you stay to learn how subjects can and do relate to the reality of things pertinent to the state of the world and it's propensity for being duped by falsehoods. The answers to your inquiry do not exist. If you need follow up to that statement I will gladly supply them.

Regards, glider.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:21 am

johan777 wrote:
According to a riddle in the bible there is an entrance to the Sphinx in Egypt on the left side behind the last rib. Here you will find the answer to a lot of secrets.

OK, I asked you where this "riddle" is in the bible in my reply above ... I also asked you again in the private message you sent me ... last time I am asking - where is this "riddle" located in the bible? I have enough books here to begin looking, but I have no clue what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
johan777

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 8:56 am

onlychild wrote:
johan777 wrote:

The riddle is the riddle of Samson. You might not get the connection between the two. All i want is that someone see if it is true as i believe.

OK, I asked you where this "riddle" is in the bible in my reply above ... I also asked you again in the private message you sent me ... last time I am asking - where is this "riddle" located in the bible? I have enough books here to begin looking, but I have no clue what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
onlychild
Keyholder for Area 51
onlychild

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 9:04 am

johan777 wrote:

The riddle is the riddle of Samson. You might not get the connection between the two. All i want is that someone see if it is true as i believe.

Is this what you are talking about? Explain to me why you would think it's the Sphinx.

The first biblical account of the riddle occurs in the 14th Chapter of Judges, 12th verse. When Samson went down to Timnath, among the Philistines, to marry his wife, he gave a seven days' feast. On a previous occasion, when courting his wife, he had slain a lion. On returning to the feast, he found that the bees had made a nest in the lion's carcass. He broke up the nest and took the honey. Then, on arriving at the marriage feast, he told the Philistines that if they could guess his riddle, he would give them thirty suits of clothes. This was Samson's riddle:

Out of the eater came forth meat, and out of the strong came forth sweetness.

The Philistines worked on the riddle for five days. There was great excitement over it. Finally they got Samson's wife to tell the secret, and they came to Samson on the seventh day, and gave the answer:

What is sweeter than honey, and what is stronger than a lion?

When they claimed the wager, Samson made the famous answer: "If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle." To pay the Philistines for their dishonesty in stealing the answer, Samson went down to Ashkelon, slew thirty Philistines, and brought back their clothes and gave them to them.

All nations, since Samson's feast, or since the pyramids were built, have been interested in riddles or enigmas.

You can look at this too:
http://media.wiley.com/product_data/excerpt/67/04716481/0471648167.pdf

Whatever its version, the Riddle of the Sphinx is the prototype for all riddles (and puzzles, for that matter).

Out of the eater came forth meat and out of the strong came forth
sweetness.
He gave the Philistines seven days to come up with the answer, convinced
that they were incapable of solving it. Samson contrived his riddle
to describe something that he once witnessed—a swarm of bees that made honey in a lion’s carcass. Hence, the wording of the riddle: the “eater” = “swarm of bees”; “the strong” = the “lion”; and “came forth sweetness” = “made honey.” The deceitful guests, however, took advantage of the seven days to coerce the answer from Samson’s wife. When they gave Samson the correct response, the mighty biblical hero became enraged and declared war against all Philistines. The ensuing conflict eventually led to his own destruction.
Back to top Go down
johan777

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:08 pm

onlychild wrote:
johan777 wrote:

Very impressive!!! Thank you.
Do you think there is a chance that someone could investigate the truth of the riddle as i explained?

Is this what you are talking about? Explain to me why you would think it's the Sphinx.

The first biblical account of the riddle occurs in the 14th Chapter of Judges, 12th verse. When Samson went down to Timnath, among the Philistines, to marry his wife, he gave a seven days' feast. On a previous occasion, when courting his wife, he had slain a lion. On returning to the feast, he found that the bees had made a nest in the lion's carcass. He broke up the nest and took the honey. Then, on arriving at the marriage feast, he told the Philistines that if they could guess his riddle, he would give them thirty suits of clothes. This was Samson's riddle:

The Philistines worked on the riddle for five days. There was great excitement over it. Finally they got Samson's wife to tell the secret, and they came to Samson on the seventh day, and gave the answer:

When they claimed the wager, Samson made the famous answer: "If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle." To pay the Philistines for their dishonesty in stealing the answer, Samson went down to Ashkelon, slew thirty Philistines, and brought back their clothes and gave them to them.

All nations, since Samson's feast, or since the pyramids were built, have been interested in riddles or enigmas.

Whatever its version, the Riddle of the Sphinx is the prototype for all riddles (and puzzles, for that matter).

sweetness.
to describe something that he once witnessed—a swarm of bees that made honey in a lion’s carcass. Hence, the wording of the riddle: the “eater” = “swarm of bees”; “the strong” = the “lion”; and “came forth sweetness” = “made honey.” The deceitful guests, however, took advantage of the seven days to coerce the answer from Samson’s wife. When they gave Samson the correct response, the mighty biblical hero became enraged and declared war against all Philistines. The ensuing conflict eventually led to his own destruction.
Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Hello johan,

My apologies for being such a careless jerk! I do believe you to be sincere and therefore:

Wikipedia:

It was said in late lore that Hera or Ares sent the Sphinx from her Ethiopian homeland (the Greeks always remembered the foreign origin of the Sphinx) to Thebes in Greece where she asks all passersby the most famous riddle in history: "Which creature in the morning goes on four legs, at mid-day on two, and in the evening upon three, and the more legs it has, the weaker it be?" She strangled and devoured anyone unable to answer. Oedipus solved the riddle by answering: Man—who crawls on all fours as a baby, then walks on two feet as an adult, and then walks with a cane in old age. By some accounts[9] (but much more rarely), there was a second riddle: "There are two sisters: one gives birth to the other and she, in turn, gives birth to the first." The answer is "day and night" (both words are feminine in Greek).

Back to top Go down
johan777

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:15 pm

onlychild wrote:
johan777 wrote:

Sorry i missed this part of your discussion. Yes this is the riddle. It is difficult to explain why i think so, i would rather say it is a revelation due to studying the bible for more that 30 years and meditating. I received a Doctor of Divinity degree as a result of my studies.

sweetness.
Back to top Go down
johan777

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:20 pm

glider wrote:
Hello johan,
Absolutely no problem!! If you are interested i can forward some interesting writings by myself about what i understand about some riddles, hypothesis and parables of the bible.
My apologies for being such a careless jerk! I do believe you to be sincere and therefore:

Wikipedia:

It was said in late lore that Hera or Ares sent the Sphinx from her Ethiopian homeland (the Greeks always remembered the foreign origin of the Sphinx) to Thebes in Greece where she asks all passersby the most famous riddle in history: "Which creature in the morning goes on four legs, at mid-day on two, and in the evening upon three, and the more legs it has, the weaker it be?" She strangled and devoured anyone unable to answer. Oedipus solved the riddle by answering: Man—who crawls on all fours as a baby, then walks on two feet as an adult, and then walks with a cane in old age. By some accounts[9] (but much more rarely), there was a second riddle: "There are two sisters: one gives birth to the other and she, in turn, gives birth to the first." The answer is "day and night" (both words are feminine in Greek).

Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Hello johan777,

Thank you for your patience with me. You may indeed post some of your ideas and along with that I will say that my own studies have left me with the feeling that the Bible is somehow incomplete! Don't ask me why, it's just an intuition that I have come away with. The Gnostics have retained in me a similar sense with the general themes, although present in both, seeming to possess the usual symbolic ambiguity of say, alchemic writings and other ancient and occult sources.

The main issues appear to be that language changes along with it's referenced meanings. When coupled with the attempts of the writers of the time to disguise issues (for safety's sake) using poetic licenses in place those during historical eras the job of interpretation can become quite confounding. In this I'm sure you can agree. So yes, by all means, feel free to inject any thoughts you may have but try to be clear in how any points you may relate bear pertinent fruit WRT this day and age.

Regards, glider.
Back to top Go down
johan777

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:51 am

glider wrote:
Hello johan777,
Thank you, but are you sure i can post something like; "the bible and the Big Bang? or for instance; Adam and Eve and the Garden in Eden, explaining what they really are?.
This is more religious stuff?
Thank you for your patience with meYou may indeed post some of your ideas and along with that I will say that my own studies have left me with the feeling that the Bible is somehow incomplete! Don't ask me why, it's just an intuition that I have come away with. The Gnostics have retained in me a similar sense with the general themes, although present in both, seeming to possess the usual symbolic ambiguity of say, alchemic writings and other ancient and occult sources.

The main issues appear to be that language changes along with it's referenced meanings. When coupled with the attempts of the writers of the time to disguise issues (for safety's sake) using poetic licenses in place those during historical eras the job of interpretation can become quite confounding. In this I'm sure you can agree. So yes, by all means, feel free to inject any thoughts you may have but try to be clear in how any points you may relate bear pertinent fruit WRT this day and age.

Regards, glider.
Back to top Go down
glider
CE 4

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:00 am

Hello johan777,

It would seem that the "Leftovers" category would be best suited. It sounds like your topics could be quite busy indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sphinx Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sphinx   The Sphinx Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sphinx
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: Aliens & UFOs :: Sightings-
Jump to: