The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    UFO Magazine Blog
    UFO Magazine Blog
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
    Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
    Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
    Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
    Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
    Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
    Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
    Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
    Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
    Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
    onlychild
    Alamo UFO Conference Vote_lcapAlamo UFO Conference I_voting_barAlamo UFO Conference Vote_rcap 
    Ufofiend
    Alamo UFO Conference Vote_lcapAlamo UFO Conference I_voting_barAlamo UFO Conference Vote_rcap 
    davefair
    glider
    Lesley
    free wheel
    Jeremy Vaeni
    mantle1958
    jackgbowman
    LakehurstNJwitness
    March 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar
    Social bookmarking
    Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
    Forum

Alamo UFO Conference

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Search Coil
    Seeker
    Search Coil

Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2009-09-30

Alamo UFO Conference Empty
    PostSubject: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:07 am

Hi Everyone,
    Did anyone here attend the Alamo UFO Conference in Nevada this year. I never hear much about this get together. Many thanks.

John
    The Metal Detector Guy
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.johnsmetaldetectors.com
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

Number of posts : 455
    Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:38 pm

nope din't go. Let us know what ya here.
    Back to top Go down
    Search Coil
    Seeker
    Search Coil

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:47 am

Hi Dave,
    It's been awhile, I hope your doing well and I will let ya know if I hear anything. Be safe Dave.

John
    The Metal Detector Guy
    Back to top Go down
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Hey john,
    I'm doing ok. I had to let the son borrow the metal dect... He lost a bolt out of the borrowed chain saw (sigh). He lost a huge grandfather oak. It split in half One side is still up the other side landed on a grape fruit tree. Some of the limbs are four foot in diameter.
    I, as of this moment own three none working chain saws plus the one I bought him for christmass. The local tree guys wanted 7 grand just to cut it up. The kid doesn't want my help because he thinks I'm to old and feeble. HIs back is worse then mine.
    Gotta love him though he's the only one I got.
    Hope things are well with you.
    Stay shiny side up and rubber side down.

Dave
    Back to top Go down
    Search Coil
    Seeker
    Search Coil

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:13 am

Hey Dave, I am sorry about the tree and yes the tree guys are very proud of their work. Wow that's a lot of damaged equipment you have there. Well tell your son not to be too stubborn like me. In my opinion everything is pretty well here but my Wife thinks different but that's what makes it all work in marriage. I was almost killed in a motorcycle crash when I was 20 and now I am really feeling it in my 50's. Have you had any sightings lately Dave and I need to get on the air, it has been quite awhile since I started the metal detector business. Ok good luck on the tree and oak is very hard. Be safe Dave.

John the metal detector guy
    Back to top Go down
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:27 am

Hey,
    am checking out what may be an old gallion site down south of me on the coast. Place called lemon bay little north of stump pass.
    I've got a rock that was rolling in the surf been in the water so long all of the sharp edges are worn off. I found it with the metal dector.
    the low tide mark on the beach and a small drop off just past the surf. White quartz with what may be silver in it. about ten pds of rock.
    They used to ballast the ships with unprocessed ore. There is a wreck site some ten miles to the north. GOLD and Silver have been found there. The state gets stickey fingers if they find out you found some thing. The thing is if I hadn't been using the dector I would have missed it. The surf was all of 6 inches and the thing blended into the shallow water. I can hardly wait to get back there, Its one of the few pristine beachs left. Will let you know if I do find any thing.
    Nope only lights I've seen lately are jet liners.
    Do you know of any one who might be intrested in a piece of meteor ejecta from the impact in cancun? I've got several pieces, one of which has cavities with nickle iron pieces at the bottom of them.?

davefair
    Back to top Go down
    Search Coil
    Seeker
    Search Coil

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Howdy Dave, Wow that is a cool find. You think you see silver stringers running through it ? I know people have found quartz with gold stringers in it. 10 lbs. eh, I would like to see something like that. Yep the Spaniards lost a lot of riches on the coast line, too bad they didn't have hurricane warnings then. You know Dave I don't know of anyone except maybe someone Like Robert Haag, the Meteoriteman. But the last time I emailed him he was in Mexico. I went to High School with him and he has amassed quite a meteorite collection. Youv'e probably seen it on the History or Discovery channel before. Yep the State wants it all so be careful Dave. Thanks for letting me know and I would look for more. Good Luck

John
    Back to top Go down
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:49 am

Yea john,
    it was a cool find it had been rolling around for so long its kinda eagg shaped. I don't know for sure if its silver and I don't want to break it open to test it. Most of the metal I find on the shore line is old corroded iron. Some times when you knock the stuff appart you can see the shape of what it used to be. durring wwII most of the islands on the west coast were used for bomboing and straffing pratice.
    There is all kinds of junk both on shore and off. I helped put in a camping area over in pinellas county. I kept finding unexploded bombs.
    After all of this time they were inert. I had another unusual find, thought I don't know what to do with it . We find florida mud rocks. Black masses of materiai with odd shapes. One of the ones I found is pitted with cavities. In the cavities are small metal objects about the size of bbs. They appear to be iron as they rust. My thought is meteorite ejecta from the impact in cancun. That would explain where the mud rocks came from, super heated mud from the impact site, This one with small super heated iron landing on it. Creating both the cavities and sealing them off.
    Any thoughts you have share them with me. By the way down in fort meyers a man and a metal dector found a very old wreck burried in the sand spanish gold an silver.

Davefaor
    Back to top Go down
    Search Coil
    Seeker
    Search Coil

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:47 am

Hi Dave,
    I just remembered about reading of some guy's using their beach machines there in Florida and found some silver dory bars from a Spanish wreck. These are very heavy from what I have understood and they still ended up on the beach. I wish I could do that Dave.
    Back to top Go down
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:14 am

wish you could to.
    As a kid I helped my brother recover two small cannon from a wreck some 12 miles of an Island named Longboat key. They sat for years at a resturant. I provided the bull labor. He did the diving. What we did was put a rope on them then took part of the wieght off by inflating an upside down tool bag. Worked prety good. The really old siver gets corroded with age and sticks together, .
    We have a Poncdelion gold story down here. Some where in the state a galeon blew up on the shore. The indains killed the survivors and supposedly took the gold and silver and burried it in a trench 1/4 mile long and four feet deep. At odd intervails i wander off into the brush looking.

Take care

davefair
    Back to top Go down
    Search Coil
    Seeker
    Search Coil

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi Dave,
    Wow that sounds like something to go after, I hope you find some of the treasure Dave. Be safe in the bush.

Search Coil
    Back to top Go down
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:25 am

I got another one for ya. This dates back to the civil war. When the Union army landed in the Port of Tampa the confederates loaded the local treasury, A brown leather box containing some fifty pounds of gold and some thirty pounds of silver, on to a buckboard and sent it south towards the Gamble mansiion. At the same time the confeds at the gamble mansion dispatched a rider to Tampa to inform them of the yankees landing there. The rider met the buck board at one of the two river crossings on the little manatee river. They didn't want the gold and silver to go to the yankees so they burried it under an old live oak tree at the crossing.
    Over the years I have dug more bottle caps and glory holes then you can shake a stick at. I did find a 1865 dime. so I guess it wasn't a waste of time.

dave
    Oh! I forgot when I go into the bush, I carry the detector, a probe rod, a latin razor 27" of good steel, a gallon of water and a good dog.
    The dog finds more stuff then I do. I do find a lot of old glass medicine bottles and old garbage holes.
    Back to top Go down
    alimar

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Alamo Nevada UFO Conference 2012 was a JOKE!   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Search Coil wrote:
    Hi Everyone,
    Did anyone here attend the Alamo UFO Conference in Nevada this year. I never hear much about this get together. Many thanks.

John
    The Metal Detector Guy

Hi John,

I, and two friends, attended the 2012 conference and we were very, very disappointed. The $125 was way too much money for what we received: two speakers cancelled, Ike Bishop gave no presentation, he promised to take us out to see the Indian drawings, and instead sent us off on our own, with bad directions, we were supposed to do a sky watch, and that panned out, and to make matters even worse Ike rushed the speakers on Sunday just so he could leave early (the conference was supposed to last till at least 1:30 PM, and instead ended at 11:30 AM). Then on top of all that, Ed Grimsley showed up prepared to let us do a sky watch with his 3rd gen glasses, and Ike told him he had to pay the $130 conference fee, and treated him very badly. Also the hotel Ike recommended to us was a rat hole, literally. First thing I did was pull the sheets up and check for bed bugs. It was totally disgusting. I and my friends will NEVER attend another Ike Bishop UFO conference. He was rude, disrespectful, and all he cared about was the money. He made no effort to make it an enjoyable, memorable experience.

Sincerely,

Alimar
    Back to top Go down
    davefair
    CE 4
    davefair

PostSubject: aaa and good rooms.   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:10 pm

If it anit approved by the triple a I dont stay.
    Sounds to me like the whole trip was a waste of time and money.
    I hate that....... Try pehonix in the middle of this month.........
    Little hot but a great place.

Dave
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alamo UFO Conference   Alamo UFO Conference Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alamo UFO Conference
    Page 1 of 1