The UFO Magazine Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics
    UFO Magazine Blog
    UFO Magazine Blog
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » Wow ... no one's been here for years LOL...
    The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 3:56 pm by onlychild

» Richard Smith on The Sabir Bey Show this Friday
    The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 pm by ufoteacher

» Your support is needed! Nominate Richard Smith today.
    The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:21 am by ufoteacher

» ARRIVING 9/15/2015 - KINDLE EDITION!
    The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:10 am by ufoteacher

» Now Available on Amazon! Join the Global Revolution
    The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:22 pm by ufoteacher

» Now Available! Join the Global Revolution
    The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm by ufoteacher

» John Ford UFO Nightmare Report #1
    The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:51 am by ufoteacher

» New location for the New Mexico UFO and Paranormal Forum
    The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:54 pm by ufoteacher

» The John Ford UFO Nightmare Premiere Show
    The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 5:12 am by ufoteacher

Top posters
    onlychild
    The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Occultation of Orion - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
    Ufofiend
    The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Occultation of Orion - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
    davefair
    glider
    Lesley
    free wheel
    Jeremy Vaeni
    mantle1958
    jackgbowman
    LakehurstNJwitness
    March 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    CalendarCalendar
    Social bookmarking
    Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
    Forum

The Occultation of Orion

Go down 
    4 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2
    AuthorMessage
    onlychild
    Keyholder for Area 51
    onlychild

Number of posts : 1020
    Registration date : 2009-10-15

The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: The Occultation of Orion   The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 11:04 pm

davefair wrote:
    O.C.,
    Not actually......... But it did kick in another random memory, Osiris. A passage from king james version of the bible "for I am created the destoyer".

I don't recall that ...

osiris the god with the eagles head. For some reason or other that has set off a action needed thought. Is horus the eagle head.

Falcon.

The arrival of the many the two are intwined in my mind. Perhaps something druid. I'll have to rummage around in the ole bell tower and get rid of some of the cob webs.The informations that you presented was good and I had not seen it before. Dam, I smell smoke, time to oil the ole brain cells again.

OK ... lemme know when you remember what it was you were looking at.
    Back to top Go down
    onlychild
    Keyholder for Area 51
    onlychild

PostSubject: Re: The Occultation of Orion   The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:21 am

OK, while we wait for details let's get back to this.

Unlike dealing with translations, Longfellow spoke (and artistically used) the English language; when he said something he knew exactly what he was saying. In this poem, in the next line, he is "seeing" something that is coming from somewhere. In this case, "somewhere" could be a memory of a talk he had with his grandfather when he was a child, but it's impossible to say for sure. I'd rather a simple answer than a quantum leap to a projected communication from - some other source - like ET? Anyway, he says:

Like the astrologers of eld,
    In that bright vision I beheld
    Greater and deeper mysteries.

He was looking at a balance in the hands of time, which would another way of saying something like: You will eventually get yours.

In this picture he sees the sun setting, and on the eastern horizon he sees the scales of night (the constellation Libra, AKA the scales of Justice, later connected to Virgo) rising.

From this point he talks poetically about the Lyre.

Like the astrologers of eld,
    In that bright vision I beheld
    Greater and deeper mysteries.

I saw, with its celestial keys,
    Its chords of air, its frets of fire,
    The Samian's great Aeolian lyre,
    Rising through all its sevenfold bars,
    From earth unto the fixed stars.
    And through the dewy atmosphere,
    Not only could I see, but hear,
    Its wondrous and harmonious strings,
    In sweet vibration, sphere by sphere,
    From Dian's circle light and near,
    Onward to vaster and wider rings.
    Where, chanting through his beard of snows,
    Majestic, mournful, Saturn goes,
    And down the sunless realms of space
    Reverberates the thunder of his bass.

-------

I saw, with its celestial keys,
    Its chords of air, its frets of fire,
    The Samian's great Aeolian lyre,

The lyre was originally bestowed with the qualities to invoke and communicate the messages of the gods. In other words this isn't just a bunch of words, this is coming from – upstairs? Or, is he just remembering things he had heard from earlier in his life, and possibly a study he did? I don't know.

This was further explained to me by someone I know.

Aeolian is the 5th mode of the major scale, typically recognized as a ‘minor’ or sad sounding scale. You've heard this a lot in Blues stuff, however, Blues doesn't utilize all the same notes in the scale but doesn't go outside its bounds and you typically get the same mood.
    "Rising through all its sevenfold bars." Seven notes in each scale, the 8th is the octave where it starts all over again but at a higher pitch.

So then, should we go as far as to say that we have a ‘sad’ message from ‘above’ about something ‘cyclical’ (octave coming) tied to ‘judgment?’

All I know is that he continues by saying:

Beneath the sky's triumphal arch
    This music sounded like a march,
    And with its chorus seemed to be
    Preluding some great tragedy.

Marching music has military roots. What exactly are we looking at here that is “preluding some great tragedy?”

Let's leave it here for now.

Back to top Go down
    onlychild
    Keyholder for Area 51
    onlychild

PostSubject: Re: The Occultation of Orion   The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:11 am

The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Sleep
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Occultation of Orion   The Occultation of Orion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Occultation of Orion
    Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2