Jeremy Vaeni

mantle1958

jackgbowman

LakehurstNJwitness

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Share | 

Where did the voice narrator go? since the Area 51 episode there's no more narrator

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sly_

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Where did the voice narrator go? since the Area 51 episode there's no more narrator   Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:15 am

I feel that the narrator really helped explain the episodes and gave the show much more punch and professionalism. Where did he go and will he come back on UFO Hunters?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nancy Birnes
Seeker

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Where did the voice narrator go? since the Area 51 episode there's no more narrator   Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:10 pm

Good question ... I think they are trying to make a show that's more of a search and less of a documentary. I missed him at first, but last year I sometimes thought that there was too much of that kind of narration -- it sort of felt more like a lesson than a fun show.

Just my opinion, of course. And my chance to use an emoticon.

bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nancyhayfield.birnes.com
Sly_

PostSubject: Re: Where did the voice narrator go? since the Area 51 episode there's no more narrator   Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for info. Oh well. I guess we don't know whats missing until its gone. No more narrator and Ted gone too made it not as good as before imo. Maybe the narrator spoke too much but they should of left some of it there and not just remove it all. I thought Bill had some input on what goes on in the show as far as editing and direction. Just my 2 cents. Love the show. Keep it up!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nancy Birnes
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: Where did the voice narrator go? since the Area 51 episode there's no more narrator   Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi Sly,

Wish I could say that Bill had more input, but that's not the case. He is always trying, though!

I, too, miss Ted and I hope that they continue to see how important his role is. If not Ted, then at least some science!

I look at it this way -- at least there's a show on TV that's trying ... and not just debunking. It's been a long time coming. And here comes the emoticon:

Arrow
Back to top Go down
Sly_

PostSubject: Re: Where did the voice narrator go? since the Area 51 episode there's no more narrator   Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Your right Nancy. Its been a long time since we had a great UFO show like UFO Hunters. Bill and Pat are doing a great job. I just hope that the show will continue for many more seasons. UFO discussions and sightings are increasing everywhere, not diminishing. Smile

Cheers
Sly
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Where did the voice narrator go? since the Area 51 episode there's no more narrator   Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:18 pm

I did not miss the narrator on the shows.

Nancy, I have noticed they do not shake the camera as much, and that is a plus. I know the producers purposely have movement so younger viewers don't channel surf.

Other than that, I like how the show has been looking.
Back to top Go down
Nancy Birnes
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: Where did the voice narrator go? since the Area 51 episode there's no more narrator   Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:33 pm

That shaking drives a lot of folks nuts. For me, it's the repetition. I realize that the CGI costs money, but they do show it over and over, and I wish they'd use the time to add more info, which they have but which often ends up on the cutting-room floor.

On the other hand, I think the camera guys are fantastic. If you see any other UFO shows, which should go unnamed, you'll see the difference that a good angle or a good eye can make. The main camera guy, Kevin Graves, is just the best. Also top notch is the editor, whose name I will remember once I hit the send button.

I love the establishing shots -- those are the ones that show you atmosphere. They are way better than most programs. Hardly ever boring, and some times the shots advance the mood -- menancing sky, long dreary road, etc.

Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where did the voice narrator go? since the Area 51 episode there's no more narrator   Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:07 pm

I guess we should thank the crew and CGI people as they do a lot of hard work to bring us these shows. I do not watch any other UFO shows, other than what is on the History Channel. I guess the DVDs would also have the footage that is left on the cutting room floor.
Back to top Go down
millipede
Seeker

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: not missed at all   Thu May 28, 2009 5:23 pm

i'm a new viewer watching dvds of the first season and this season's new shows -- i am glad that the narration is gone, since there were loads of unnecessary repetitions of scenes with the narration, going into and out of commercials, which took up too much time away from the actual new investigations, and it gives more cameratime to bill and pat! I love you

also, i think the person(s) responsible for the vertigo-and-nausea-inducing wild captions needs to be put in the quiet corner for a good long time! Shocked the old shows just do not work on a huge screen hdtv! pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where did the voice narrator go? since the Area 51 episode there's no more narrator   

Back to top Go down

Where did the voice narrator go? since the Area 51 episode there's no more narrator
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1