Jeremy Vaeni

mantle1958

jackgbowman

LakehurstNJwitness

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Share | 

I'm confused. Ghram birdsall death results in ufo magazine not being published

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
knives52
Seeker

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: I'm confused. Ghram birdsall death results in ufo magazine not being published   Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:05 am

Is this the UFO magazine associated with UFO hunters on the history channel? Is UFO Magazine really no longer in print because of Mr. Ghram Birdsalls passing I am confused. Did Bill from the TV show purchase the rights to publishing the magazine or is their a british UFO Magazine and a American UFO Magazine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantle1958
CE 2

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm confused. Ghram birdsall death results in ufo magazine not being published   Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:35 am

knives52 wrote:
Is this the UFO magazine associated with UFO hunters on the history channel? Is UFO Magazine really no longer in print because of Mr. Ghram Birdsalls passing I am confused. Did Bill from the TV show purchase the rights to publishing the magazine or is their a british UFO Magazine and a American UFO Magazine.

UFO MAGAZINE in the UK was published & edited by Graham Birdsall. It had no connection to UFO MAGAZINE in the USA (the one associated with UFO HUNTERS). UFO MAGAZINE in the UK closed several months after Graham died.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm confused. Ghram birdsall death results in ufo magazine not being published   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:17 pm

To I'm Confused:

To set the record straight:

UFO Magazine in the US was launched in 1986 by Vicki Cooper and Sheri Stark in California. Graham Birdsall's magazine in the UK was a separate publication under a different name originally, but changed its name to UFO Magazine (UK) after UFO Magazine in the United States began publishing. Upon Graham's death, UFO Magazine in the UK ceased publication. UFO Magazine in the US is the only magazine publishing under this name and trademark and was the magazine connected to the History Channel's UFO Files, UFO Hunters, and now Ancient Aliens.

In 1998, a motion picture company purchased UFO Magazine from its original owners and trademarked the name UFO® in magazine publishing, motion pictures, and television and created a company called UFO® Magazine, Inc. In 2003, UFO® Magazine, Inc., licensed the rights to the UFO name and trademark to the present publishers for the purposes of magazine publishing. Therefore, UFO® Magazine in the US is the only publication with this name and has been publishing continuously since 1986.

Hope this clears things up.

Bill Birnes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knives52
Seeker

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm confused. Ghram birdsall death results in ufo magazine not being published   Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:32 am

thank you sir... I googled the info a little while ago
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantle1958
CE 2

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm confused. Ghram birdsall death results in ufo magazine not being published   Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:49 am

Bill wrote:
To I'm Confused:

To set the record straight:

UFO Magazine in the US was launched in 1986 by Vicki Cooper and Sheri Stark in California. Graham Birdsall's magazine in the UK was a separate publication under a different name originally, but changed its name to UFO Magazine (UK) after UFO Magazine in the United States began publishing. Upon Graham's death, UFO Magazine in the UK ceased publication. UFO Magazine in the US is the only magazine publishing under this name and trademark and was the magazine connected to the History Channel's UFO Files, UFO Hunters, and now Ancient Aliens.

In 1998, a motion picture company purchased UFO Magazine from its original owners and trademarked the name UFO® in magazine publishing, motion pictures, and television and created a company called UFO® Magazine, Inc. In 2003, UFO® Magazine, Inc., licensed the rights to the UFO name and trademark to the present publishers for the purposes of magazine publishing. Therefore, UFO® Magazine in the US is the only publication with this name and has been publishing continuously since 1986.

Hope this clears things up.

Bill Birnes

The original name of UFO MAGAZINE in the USA was California UFO when first published By Vicki & Sheri. Graham Birdsall's publication originally began as a self published tome the 'YUFOS JOURNAL' , then became 'QUEST MAGAZINE' (still self published). When it finally became a professionally published newsstand magazine it was called 'UFO MAGAZINE'. It did not close immideiately after Graham Birdsall died, but some 6 months later when Graham's wife decided to close it.

Hope that clears things up.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm confused. Ghram birdsall death results in ufo magazine not being published   

Back to top Go down

I'm confused. Ghram birdsall death results in ufo magazine not being published
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1