HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Similar topics
UFO Magazine Blog
UFO Magazine Blog
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Top posters
onlychild
 
Ufofiend
 
davefair
 
glider
 
Lesley
 
free wheel
 
Jeremy Vaeni
 
mantle1958
 
jackgbowman
 
LakehurstNJwitness
 
April 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The UFO Magazine Forum on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Share | 
 

 Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
WIlhelm
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 114
Age : 39
Location : Hudson Valley, NY
Registration date : 2010-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Whatever magazine they were talking about, they called it "lousy." It didn't really sound like anyone was joking. Perhaps they were, everyone has a different sense of humor, it just didn't sound like a joke to me.

There is nothing wrong with bashing the mag or being a "hater," but at least come up with a better reason than color, glossy paper. The Birnes, in their talk about "UFO Porn" and "lousy" magazines, noted that it is content that matters in a magazine. I agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://outpostearth.blogspot.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Pardon the intrusion folks, but that UFO porn thing is a friggin ka-ching hit just waitin to explode on the UFO book/mag scene. Imagine all the git down and dirty alien sex tales that are out there. I have had encounters such as this by little alien chicks all dressed out and what about that gal who claimed a Draco assaulted her and I am sure there are even more lurid tales to be told.

Someones gonna pop one of these page turners on the market and its going to go all off the shelf nuts with tag alongs. So you better git in on it now.

I'd like to ad, I heard what was said on FT and I didn't think it had anything to do with this threads insinuation. But I do think a UFO porn mag will bend time and space and open an all knew portal to mans mind for the pursuit of the unknown.
Back to top Go down
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:58 pm


"Mug, mug, mug, mug. That's all you are."

Base namecalling? Tsk, Mr Mantel! Tsk.

How perseverant of you...

You know, you could note an equally imaginary fascism and, evoking Godwin's Law, we could all go home.


alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WIlhelm
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 114
Age : 39
Location : Hudson Valley, NY
Registration date : 2010-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:

You know, you could note an equally imaginary fascism and, evoking Godwin's Law, we could all go home.

Nazi UFO porn, you say?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://outpostearth.blogspot.com/
Lesley
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 343
Location : Land of Enchantment
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Quote :
Funny how you and Lesley always end up sticking up for those thast are really responsible for all this.

Funny, but I see you as responsible for all this. You put out on the internet a magazine cover that closely resembles UFO Magazine, then when the lawyer sends you a letter which is required by law, by the USPTO, you come here and start throwing a fit and saying some pretty nasty things about Bill Birnes. I know that you know that UFO Mag has a lawyer that does that because this is the second time it has happened. Let me add that many forums would have banned you just for that, but we don't do that kind of thing here. I only ban someone if numerous people complain about them. Anyhow, it looked far more like you were trying to get attention for your magazine than actually being as outraged as you claimed and I did get many emails about that.

So if there was some bitterness in the conversation on Future Theater, it is easy to see why given the things you have said here about Bill. That is exactly how these feuds (whatever you want to call them) continue on and on. You took what was a private letter from a lawyer and you are the one that made it very public and started in on personal attacks. You seem to think it is perfectly OK to stick up for your magazine however you see fit, but you don't think others should stick up for the magazine that they are involved with? Poppycock!

_________________
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
http://www.ufomystic.com
http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com
http://www.binnallofamerica.com
http://forteanswest.com/wordpress-mu/newmexicolowfi/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
mantle1958
CE 2


Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:19 am

Lesley wrote:
Quote :
Funny how you and Lesley always end up sticking up for those thast are really responsible for all this.

Funny, but I see you as responsible for all this. You put out on the internet a magazine cover that closely resembles UFO Magazine, then when the lawyer sends you a letter which is required by law, by the USPTO, you come here and start throwing a fit and saying some pretty nasty things about Bill Birnes. I know that you know that UFO Mag has a lawyer that does that because this is the second time it has happened. Let me add that many forums would have banned you just for that, but we don't do that kind of thing here. I only ban someone if numerous people complain about them. Anyhow, it looked far more like you were trying to get attention for your magazine than actually being as outraged as you claimed and I did get many emails about that.

So if there was some bitterness in the conversation on Future Theater, it is easy to see why given the things you have said here about Bill. That is exactly how these feuds (whatever you want to call them) continue on and on. You took what was a private letter from a lawyer and you are the one that made it very public and started in on personal attacks. You seem to think it is perfectly OK to stick up for your magazine however you see fit, but you don't think others should stick up for the magazine that they are involved with? Poppycock!

And you are just as big a mug as Alfred for sticking up for these two. Cast your net a bit wider Lesley (and Alfred) and you'll find out that there are plenty of others around who feel the same way about Birnes Inc. Can they all be wrong ? I doubt it. I know I'm not.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantle1958
CE 2


Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:24 am

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:

"Mug, mug, mug, mug. That's all you are."

Base namecalling? Tsk, Mr Mantel! Tsk.

How perseverant of you...

You know, you could note an equally imaginary fascism and, evoking Godwin's Law, we could all go home.


alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
Alfred, you can't even spell my name correctly never mind anything else. If you want to continue to be a puppet for Birnes Inc that's up to you. UFO MATRIX folks hits the newsstand in the USA on August 27th and that's despite attorney's letter and unprovoked and unwarranted attacks by people you respect and admire. Just about says it all old boy.

Regards,

Philip.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesley
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 343
Location : Land of Enchantment
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:45 am

There you go with your attack comments again. I am starting to agree with those that emailed me -- it is all for attention. I can't think of another purpose it serves. I have nothing against your magazine and have at least a couple friends that write for it, but you are now on my drama queen, attention seeking list.

_________________
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
http://www.ufomystic.com
http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com
http://www.binnallofamerica.com
http://forteanswest.com/wordpress-mu/newmexicolowfi/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
mantle1958
CE 2


Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:42 am

Lesley wrote:
There you go with your attack comments again. I am starting to agree with those that emailed me -- it is all for attention. I can't think of another purpose it serves. I have nothing against your magazine and have at least a couple friends that write for it, but you are now on my drama queen, attention seeking list.

If it's all for attention then it would have to ahve been me that started all of this would it not ? So I suppose I sent myself an attorneys letter and then persuded thhe Birnes to rant on their own internet radio show. Please tell me how I managed to do all of this.

The purpose is to highlight the misdemeanors of those responsible and it aint me. If you want to hear two drama queens then tune into Future Theatre, August 14th show.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesley
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 343
Location : Land of Enchantment
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 am

No, you started this knowing full well that there was a lawyer that watched such things and posting a cover to the internet that looked very much like UFO Mag, even though it supposedly wasn't the real cover. However, that was never mentioned when it was posted.

Aside from that, I don't think there is even one time that you have posted to this forum that you weren't promoting something. So I can only assume it is all about promo, especially given that there is no other good reason for it.

I am done giving you attention.

_________________
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
http://www.ufomystic.com
http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com
http://www.binnallofamerica.com
http://forteanswest.com/wordpress-mu/newmexicolowfi/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:59 am

"Alfred, you can't even spell my name correctly never mind anything else. If you want to continue to be a puppet for Birnes Inc that's up to you. UFO MATRIX folks hits the newsstand in the USA on August 27th and that's despite attorney's letter and unprovoked and unwarranted attacks by people you respect and admire. Just about says it all old boy."

I apologize for for the misspelling, Mr. Mantle. That was unintentional.

That said, I point out that Bill and Nancy Birnes were just fine with you when they were in your service. I've had an association with them since 06 and they've always been straight up with me, always exceeding, never retreating from promises made. You betrayed their service to you when you used them to promote your Magazine, which has yet to show a relevance, an editorial novelty, a contribution to the study, or a profit, eh? This might be a little closer to "Saying it all," old boy.

Good work though. Your sullen and passive aggressive whining about your betters —on their board— has pissed me off, and you can enjoy feeling my knees, "old boy," on your top lip as I go up your nose every time you step wrong. Enjoy that.



alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantle1958
CE 2


Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 am

Lesley wrote:
No, you started this knowing full well that there was a lawyer that watched such things and posting a cover to the internet that looked very much like UFO Mag, even though it supposedly wasn't the real cover. However, that was never mentioned when it was posted.

Aside from that, I don't think there is even one time that you have posted to this forum that you weren't promoting something. So I can only assume it is all about promo, especially given that there is no other good reason for it.

I am done giving you attention.

Now I'm psychic, I knew that UFO MAGAZINE INC had an attorney just waiting for our mag to appear. Powers I never knew I had. Amazing. UFO MAG and the first promo cover of UFO MATRIX, in my opinion, look nothing like each other. That is your opinion and not a fact.

As for promoting things, if the attorney's letter had not arrived then none of ths would have happened, that's a fact. You can assume all you like but you know whar to assume means ? It make an ASS of U and ME.

Regarrds,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Food Porn   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:22 am

Arrow


Last edited by Alfred Lehmberg on Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantle1958
CE 2


Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 am

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:
"Alfred, you can't even spell my name correctly never mind anything else. If you want to continue to be a puppet for Birnes Inc that's up to you. UFO MATRIX folks hits the newsstand in the USA on August 27th and that's despite attorney's letter and unprovoked and unwarranted attacks by people you respect and admire. Just about says it all old boy."

I apologize for for the misspelling, Mr. Mantle. That was unintentional.

That said, I point out that Bill and Nancy Birnes were just fine with you when they were in your service. I've had an association with them since 06 and they've always been straight up with me, always exceeding, never retreating from promises made. You betrayed their service to you when you used them to promote your Magazine, which has yet to show a relevance, an editorial novelty, a contribution to the study, or a profit, eh? This might be a little closer to "Saying it all," old boy.

Good work though. Your sullen and passive aggressive whining about your betters —on their board— has pissed me off, and you can enjoy feeling my knees, "old boy," on your top lip as I go up your nose every time you step wrong. Enjoy that.


Just plain nonsense Alfred. They were not in my service. If they had have been I'd have sacked them by now.How do you work that out ? I betrayed no one. I posted info on an open forum, that's a fact. Nothing more and nothing less. As for my betters, don't make me laugh. I simply don't have any betters. As far as I'm concerned we are all equal and no one individual is better than the next. You continue to sound like some grateful surf who is happy to feed off the table scaps thrown to you.

I'm glad I pissed you off and hope I can continue to do so. The publication of OpenMinds and UFO MATRIX has certainly upset Birnes Inc. It is indeed early days for both publications but you couldn't be more wrong on all accounts Alfred if you tried.

You see Alfred, this is the crux of the matter. Birnes Inc are worried by what they see as the 'competition'. Since Graham Birdsall died a few years back they has been no other new UFO magazines to sopeak of. All of a sudden now there's two, and both of them completely outso the tired old UFO MAGAZINE on every front. They are worried. I know it and they do too. They'll never admit it of course but they are very worried.

The attorney's letter failed so now they've had to try something different, and that's failed as well. Our magazine is called UFO MATRIX but it's you that seems to be living in the Matrix Alfred because you're certainly not in the real world.

Happy servitude to you poor surf.

Philip.




alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Food Porn   Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 am

You first. See -- as has been pointed out, over and over again in extremis and to the point of
Nausea... you'd have never gotten the letter in question if you had not made the indication that you were going to... well, what do you think we should call it? Squat? Trespass? Hijack? Intrude? Impose? Rip off? Dare we call it thievery? That letter saved you money, Mr. Mantle. There's your "fact."

Even in _this_ you are unoriginal... the Birnes have had to fight this same battle a couple of times since 2006. They are required to do so or lose their rights to same. All were sent away with scabrous tails between their bandy legs, as you were. There's some more "fact" for you.

The moving finger writes, Mr. Mantle, and having writ, moves on. It is unchanged by piety nor wit, and all your tears won't wash a line of it.

Again, the Birnes weren't so bad when they were in service to you. Enjoy your wages and my enmity for betraying their collegiality.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:19 pm

"Now I'm psychic, I knew that UFO MAGAZINE INC had an attorney just waiting for our mag to appear. Powers I never knew I had. Amazing. UFO MAG and the first promo cover of UFO MATRIX, in my opinion, look nothing like each other. That is your opinion and not a fact."

Steaming monkey piffle swaddled in soiled Yorkshire shorts. I saw the cover. It was the spitting image of UFO Magazine and easily confused. When I initially saw it I thought it was old cover of UFO Magazine I'd never seen before. Any reasonable person would have thought so too. There's another "fact" for you.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com


Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantle1958
CE 2


Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Alfred Lehmberg wrote:
You first. See -- as has been pointed out, over and over again in extremis and to the point of
Nausea... you'd have never gotten the letter in question if you had not made the indication that you were going to... well, what do you think we should call it? Squat? Trespass? Hijack? Intrude? Impose? Rip off? Dare we call it thievery? That letter saved you money, Mr. Mantle. There's your "fact."

Even in _this_ you are unoriginal... the Birnes have had to fight this same battle a couple of times since 2006. They are required to do so or lose their rights to same. All were sent away with scabrous tails between their bandy legs, as you were. There's some more "fact" for you.

The moving finger writes, Mr. Mantle, and having writ, moves on. It is unchanged by piety nor wit, and all your tears won't wash a line of it.

Again, the Birnes weren't so bad when they were in service to you. Enjoy your wages and my enmity for betraying their collegiality.


alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com





All we did was publish a magazine and nothing more. Fact. Birnes Inc think they own the word 'UFO' in connection to magazine publishing. Well they might do in US law but we're in the UK so by changing our logo we saved UFO MAGAZINE INC a lot of cash, period.

There is no thievery in producing a new magazine Alfred. Birnes Inc are running scared and that's all it is. You can gloss it up as much as you like but that is the basis of this and previous 'fights' and it has nowt, zilch, bugger-all to do with protecting trademarks or names.

The only person betrayed here is yours truly. In one instance they wish me well, the next its a stab in the back.

That's the way it is Alfred and they can pull your strings all they like but that is exactly how it is. They should hang their heads in shame.

Regards,

Philip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WIlhelm
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 114
Age : 39
Location : Hudson Valley, NY
Registration date : 2010-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm

While everyone enjoys watching a good back and forth, is the issue of the logo ever going to be cleared up? Does UFO Magazine, Inc. also hold rights to the word UFO used in conjunction with a magazine, or was the problem merely the logo, which is what I assumed when this all started.

Because I'd like to point something out here.
This is a dvd of the Gerry Anderson TV show from 1970:



The logo is exactly the same.



Does UFO Magazine, Inc. also own the rights to the Gerry Anderson TV show?

I'm not sure where i read it, or if I'm remembering correctly, but I seem to recall something about UFO Magazine, inc. owning the rights to the term, "UFO" used in conjuction with films and TV, as well. And, that Bill Birnes doesn't own the rights, but pays a fee to use it. I might be totally wrong, but I have some recollection of reading that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://outpostearth.blogspot.com/
Lesley
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 343
Location : Land of Enchantment
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:31 pm

To my knowledge, the only TM UFO Mag has is in conjunction with the word magazine. I suppose if a DVD was called UFO Magazine then they would have to change the title. I would think it is pretty obvious that nobody could own rights on the one word "UFO," but a while back someone did try to make it sound that way.

Yes, Bill and Nancy pay a hefty fee to the rights to use the name UFO Magazine.

_________________
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
http://www.ufomystic.com
http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com
http://www.binnallofamerica.com
http://forteanswest.com/wordpress-mu/newmexicolowfi/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
WIlhelm
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 114
Age : 39
Location : Hudson Valley, NY
Registration date : 2010-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Lesley wrote:
Yes, Bill and Nancy pay a hefty fee to the rights to use the name UFO Magazine.

So, if the Birnes' pay a fee to use the name, then they don't own the name and have nothing to do with the legal notice received by Mr. Mantle?

W-T-F Very Happy

Now I feel like I understand this situation less than I did before.

I'm just going to forget the whole thing and concentrate on making more UFO PORN magazine covers...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://outpostearth.blogspot.com/
Lesley
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 343
Location : Land of Enchantment
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:56 pm

That is what I tried to explain to Phil, but he calls it guilt by association or some such crap.

Yes, get to work on that UFO Porn magazine! That is something that is much needed! It probably would out sell all UFO related magazines combined. Very Happy

_________________
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
http://www.ufomystic.com
http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com
http://www.binnallofamerica.com
http://forteanswest.com/wordpress-mu/newmexicolowfi/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
WIlhelm
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 114
Age : 39
Location : Hudson Valley, NY
Registration date : 2010-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:25 pm



edit: fixed it a bit, because i thought it was ugly... er, I mean to avoid a lawsuit. ;-)


Last edited by WIlhelm on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://outpostearth.blogspot.com/
Lesley
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 343
Location : Land of Enchantment
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Perfect!

_________________
http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
http://www.ufomystic.com
http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com
http://www.binnallofamerica.com
http://forteanswest.com/wordpress-mu/newmexicolowfi/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedebrisfield.blogspot.com
Bill
New Member


Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: It was "House Porn," "Food Porn," and "Boat Porn." Not UFO Porn   Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi, All,

Here is the url for the Future Theater radio show in question that has so dominated this thread.

http://www.futuretheater.com/listen-to-past-shows/august-14-2010.html

People who think they are quoting what we said should listen to the show first. Neither Nancy nor I ever referred to anyone's magazine as porn. House porn and food porn are trade terms referring to glossy full-color photo-heavy magazines that showcase product, just like technopoorn and milporn refer to literary fiction genres. Nothing to do with porn qua porn.

For the record, the television show and video "UFO" preceded any trademarks UFO, Inc. registered. Moreover, the cover of that DVD is in the video stream of commerce and not in magazines.

That being said, this railing about what we actually did not say is just like the railing about the letter we did not write. In other words, in a non field full of disinformation, inaccuracies, outright falsehoods, sickening self promotion, and blatant hustling for any buck that can be scraped off the sidewalk, it's no wonder the debunkers laugh at us. Try focusing fury on where it belongs and read before you rant.

And by the way, just for the sake of journalistic accuracy, the word is "serf," not "surf." And that, Mr. Magazine "Editor," just about says it all.

Listen to Future Theater Radio
Saturdays at 6 Eastern
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alfred Lehmberg
CE 1
avatar

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Apart from all blaming on "typos" and "quirks"?
In context, "serf's" spelling has sure got to hurt.



In the interest of "less being more," I won't go on for twenty or thirty more lines, eh? Well, maybe not. No promises. [g].

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'   

Back to top Go down
 
Future Theatre August 14th - 2 new ufo mags likened to 'porn'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Dreaming of my future helpmate and his family
» More dream symbols in the future?
» future husband?
» A dream that could spell out my future
» a masked man...an almost revealing of my future husband?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UFO Magazine Forum :: Future Theater :: Show Chat-
Jump to: